Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: AJC updates Nkemdiche article
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: AJC updates Nkemdiche article

Jul 7, 2012, 10:09 AM

AJC updates Nkemdiche article

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: AJC updates Nkemdiche article

Jul 7, 2012, 10:19 AM

“It’s all good … I want Ryan with me.”

WTH, (.....) Carvell is going to omit part of his quote on a update? He's so obviously biased. This is all he focused on on twitter all day yesterday.

Message was edited by: scottoutdoors71®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 7, 2012, 10:21 AM

They contacted Robert because of the article upsetting him.... asked him questions simply to justify their original position! And they still want to twist it. "Robert said it over and over"

Looks they want to "make" this a story so badly - Robert not going to Clemson - that they will do anything.

Scumbags!

AJC wont give up in their pursuit of screwing

Jul 7, 2012, 10:44 AM

this situation up for Clemson. People are upset with the fact that the #1 player in the country who happens to be from Georgia is going to sign with Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL***

Jul 7, 2012, 10:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AJC is basically the State

Jul 7, 2012, 11:23 AM [ in reply to AJC wont give up in their pursuit of screwing ]

w more readers who are even more ignorant if that is possible

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AJC wont give up in their pursuit of screwing

Jul 7, 2012, 8:03 PM [ in reply to AJC wont give up in their pursuit of screwing ]

They definitely have an agenda...they beat a dead horse almost every day

####, if I didn't know better

Jul 7, 2012, 11:08 AM

Id think this had Korncoot written all over it! They must've went to the same GED seminar

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The changed headline and changed tone of the article after

Jul 7, 2012, 11:54 AM

revision now make Robert's stance much, much less offensive or demanding. Its just remarkable how those alterations changed the overall mood of the piece.

But, of course, its water gone under the bridge. The damage has been done and there'll be no "adjusted retractions" broadcast nationally on ESPN or in most other media publications. And few fans will believe the changes anyhow--they'll want to believe the worst and will continue to play this non-issue up as often as possible.

Hard to believe a once prestigious newspaper such as the Atlanta Journal Constitution---long the home and outlet for HOF sportswriter Furman Bisher---would allow this kind of shoddiness to occur.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The changed headline and changed tone of the article after

Jul 7, 2012, 8:48 PM

You had to read ALL the way down to the end of the article in italics....(on their website)

Bottom line: Barring some unforeseen turn of events, there are just too many good things in place at this point (Kamara and Schuessler, proximity to home, Swinney’s impression, etc.) for Robert to sign anywhere else but Clemson.

typical journalism, today...
That's why I quit reading "Bleacher Rpt" because of their aggravating headlines, relative to the actual article.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/07/06/robert-nkemdiche-clemson-can-seal-the-deal-if-they-offer-another-grayson-teammate/

GO TIGERS!!!

Message was edited by: CUalum79ALLn65®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is probably what happened

Jul 7, 2012, 12:01 PM

AJC: How would you like it if Ryan came to Clemson?
Robert: I would really like it, I'm still very committed to Clemson, but if Ryan came it be a done deal completely.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Way to twist his words again...

Jul 7, 2012, 12:26 PM

The press is useless.

That must be so annoying for Nkemdiche.

The one thing they didn't print that he probably said a thousand times, " Yes, I'm 100% Clemson."

Ummm, we'll leave that part out. That won't sell papers. Oh, that's right... nobody reads the paper anymore anyways...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The "..." in the middle of RN last quote

Jul 7, 2012, 12:37 PM

means they left out part of his quote. Atleast thats what it means in proper english grammer

Maybe it was an awkward, long pause, like he just sat there

Jul 7, 2012, 8:29 PM

going "uhhhhhhhhhhhh" for about ten seconds, or he was creating a suspenseful moment as the camera zooms in for an extreme closeup as he removes his sunglasses.

Jul 8, 2012, 4:17 PM

I wonder if Nkemdiche meant that if Ryan got an offer then Ryan would be a "done deal". Meaning if we were to offer Ryan he would immediately accept.

Jul 8, 2012, 4:22 PM

very good point

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic