Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Ellington projected as NFL 3rd rounder, Boyd as free agent
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Ellington projected as NFL 3rd rounder, Boyd as free agent

Jul 2, 2012, 9:39 PM

Ellington projected as NFL 3rd rounder, Boyd as free agent

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I won't argue with the projected rounds, but

Jul 2, 2012, 9:40 PM

this guy obviously hasn't seen Tajh play.

This guy obviously hasnt even looked at stats

Jul 2, 2012, 9:43 PM

Boyd had what, 350 rushing yards? and over 3000 passing? I can see him going as a FA just because the QB position, but Hopkins should be earlier than a 5th round if he goes early.

Sidenote, i dont think Brandon Thomas leaves early

Draft Projections shouldn't even be allowed this early

Jul 3, 2012, 1:15 AM [ in reply to I won't argue with the projected rounds, but ]

This is why so many kids are leaving early, only to find that they get drafted late or are underdeveloped. Tajh shouldn't even be thinking about leaving early for the draft, but how can he not when sources like this are projecting him to leave? These kids need to hear people telling them to stay in school and get better

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Draft Projections shouldn't even be allowed this early

Jul 3, 2012, 8:44 AM

Tajh shouldn't think it if they don't project him to even be drafted. But I agree with all those who say this is way too early to project who goes where. Predicting a national champion is much easier than predicting which players will have the best years and who will meet the needs of the teams who fall in the draft positions when they are still available. If Tajh has a record-setting year, then he should begin to look at projections.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Bigger threat running the ball than passing."

Jul 2, 2012, 9:42 PM

Who is this person and what drug is he on?

And is he willing to share?***

Jul 2, 2012, 10:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If you find out, let me know.***

Jul 2, 2012, 10:30 PM

Come on he is just like those little old men in the bar

Jul 5, 2012, 2:15 PM [ in reply to "Bigger threat running the ball than passing." ]

that think he is just like Woody.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Racism's a helluva drug.***

Jul 5, 2012, 9:04 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hahahahhaha

Jul 2, 2012, 9:44 PM

"more of a threat to running the ball than passing"

60% completion and 3828 yds >>>>>>>>>>> 218 yds at 1.5 yards per carry (yes I know this includes sacks, but his average may get to 2.5 or 3 without sack yardage)

This guys is a joke.

Not going to argue that he might go undrafted though, not prototype height.

Re: Football Player Update: Ellington projected as NFL 3rd rounder, Boyd as free agent

Jul 2, 2012, 9:45 PM

Bigger threat running than passing?
Ridiculous. Not sure I'd trust whoever wrote that foolishness.

Ha kiddin me?

Jul 2, 2012, 9:46 PM

Definitely see Hopkins going sooner".......guy to watch this year

Re: Ha kiddin me?

Jul 2, 2012, 9:47 PM

The falcons have a 2nd round grade in him

Re: Ha kiddin me?

Jul 2, 2012, 10:12 PM

hope Boyd plays out his time at CLEMSON and not go early next year....next year should be our year for "winning all the marbles".....just my opinion

Whatta joke...

Jul 2, 2012, 10:18 PM

Obviously the guy is an idiot based on his comment about Tajh. Even if he's never watched Clemson play stats could tell you that. Maybe he and Heather Dinnich could hook up..seem to be on the same level.

And why would Tajh even leave after his junior year if he was expected to go undrafted..

Re: Whatta joke...

Jul 2, 2012, 10:20 PM

Tajh is NOT an NFL QB.

Re: Whatta joke...

Jul 2, 2012, 10:45 PM

You are correct. He is certainly not one right now. He has started one season of college football. May have 2 remaining. To suggest that he has no chance to be a pro QB so soon is as idiotic as this writer. You may end up correct but it is way to soon. Are you assuming he does not improve at all over the next two seasons? He is actually pretty good for the complete lack of experience that he had going into his first season. I guess we will all see in a couple years. I'm just gonna enjoy the show.

Wow. Clearly has no idea about Tajh. ******

Jul 2, 2012, 10:20 PM

null

only partially agree

Jul 2, 2012, 10:52 PM

firstly, this guy is an idiot. predicting andre ellington's draft stock is the only prediction that has any chance of being accurate because he's already gotten so much playing time and has displayed enough to give some basis for a prediction.

secondly, the only prediction i agree with is ellington. don't get me wrong, his talent i think exceeds being a 3rd round pick but his frequent injuries may be cause for concern, but his stock could improve if he can finally have a completely injury free season.

If he thinks Tajh is a free agent, he's (i think even an objective football fan can agree) a complete hack. he passed for 3,000 yards and was in his first year in a new system.

I would give him a pass because Hopkins is underrated by everybody but the 5th round is just plain insulting. He's easily a 3rd round with room to go higher after this season.

The rest of our prospects haven't spent enough time on the field to give any solid basis for a prediction. Their stock after this season could go anywhere from 1st round to undrafted. (look at what andre branch did in a year)

*but putting him at the 5th round***

Jul 2, 2012, 10:53 PM

Re: *but putting him at the 5th round***

Jul 2, 2012, 10:57 PM

would be interested to see how he rated players from other schools.....that he has "actually" seen play....

kinda like the AJC writer that thinks there are no ChicFilA's in Clemson.....

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Ellington projected as NFL 3rd rounder, Boyd as free agent

Jul 2, 2012, 10:56 PM

I think this is where these guys stand as of right now. Obviously Tajh isn't a running QB first, he can scramble but he isn't RGIII. His height will also concern some teams because he is only 6'1". But these rankings show where the players are right now. If Tajh goes out and throws for 3,500+ and 25-30+ TDs these next two seasons and takes Clemson to a couple big bowl games his stock could rise. If he proves he can make all te throws there is no reason he can't be a slightly taller version of Russell Wilson and go in the 3rd or 4th round.

As for Ellington... He's a stud at the college level but he needs to prove he can run both between the tackles as well as bouncing outside. I think 3rd round is a good spot to project him.

I don't see Nuk leaving early but if he does then 5th round sounds right. He's the silent assassin for this WR core. He doesn't get all the recognition Sammy gets/will get but he can ball and if he has two solid seasons at 60-70 catches and around 1,000 yards and a few TDs there is no reason we couldn't see him in the 2-3rd round range.

As for Goodman, he holds his own cards. Clemson has been referred to by some (mainly our fanbase) as "D-lineman U" because of our ability to put players in the NFL in the early-mid rounds. It always seems like there's another top-level DE playing for Clemson and I think Goodman could prove to be that guy. If Branch hadn't had a great year last year he would be a late round draft pick, not a second rounder where the Jags took him. Goodman is in the same boat... An NFL body (6'4" 270 lbs) and he has enough speed to be a threat. If he has a big season and ends up with 10-12 sacks he could end up rocketing himself into the 3rd round range too, I'm sure.

This is just how I see it. This guy predicted these guys right now and if they play at the level we think they should then I'm sure their draft stock will climb.

Jul 2, 2012, 11:01 PM

The main thing that would improve Ellington's stock is improving his hands. He dropped too many passes out of the back field last season to be considered a top tier back at the next level. If he works on this, as he said he would, then he could easily be a stud.

Jul 2, 2012, 11:09 PM

Tajh is unlikely to be a real NFL prospect regardless of stats. He put up nice stats last year because the system was great. He is too short to be taken seriously by the NFL without serious passing talent (i.e. Drew Brees). Unfortunately, Tajh does not have that talent. His arm is average at best and he goes to his first option pretty much all the time. His ability to read a defense is terrible.

You're wrong on a number of things

Jul 3, 2012, 12:06 AM

Tajh has a wealth of talent. He has a cannon for an arm, not average at all. Also a product of a system makes little sense. The system could be perfect but if the QB doesn't run it right then it all falls to pieces. Tajh proved last year that he could be deadly accurate and make some impressive throws under pressure. Also, way to bash a first year starting QB for not being able to read defenses even after he torched FSU, UNC, and VT all of whom ranked as some of the best in the country and had many players that will be in the NFL, if they haven't been drafter already. Give the man some time. Yes he went to his first read a bit too much at the end of last year but that was a first year QB under a new system and new OC playing one of the hardest schedules that Clemson has pulled in years. Tajh exceeded all expectations last year and won us an ACC title.

Re: You're wrong on a number of things

Jul 3, 2012, 8:58 AM

I can't remember where I saw it, but there was a story last year that said Tajh's release is as quick as the top tier NFL QBs. He definitely has the ability, but time will tell if he has the head for it.

Wow, has he ever seen either player?

Jul 3, 2012, 9:30 AM

Boyd is the best QB in CFB, period.

And Ellington will go in the first round after our BCS run this year.

Who is this guy?

Boyd a FA? First of all, he's not going to the NFL after this year because he's coming back to Clemson to play with the best recruiting class in History for another National Title Run in 2013. Secondly, he would never not get drafted. This guy's analysis is terrible.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see a couple things different...

Jul 5, 2012, 2:02 PM

First I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Boyd wasn't drafted, but I think he will be. Secondly, Boyd is not that good a runner. Boyd is a way better passer than runner. The guy is way off. Also, I think Hopkins ends up going by 3rd round.

Boyd, Hopkins and Thomas will all be back.

Jul 5, 2012, 2:13 PM

Why would you project juniors who are not first rounders?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic