Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If somehow we are lucky enough to get Adams, you young guys,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

If somehow we are lucky enough to get Adams, you young guys,

Jun 30, 2012, 3:37 PM

the ones under thirty or so are going to be in for a treat that you have not seen yet.I have seen it twice. William and Michael Dean, and then Buckner and McGlockton. 2013 with Daniel,Nkemdiche,Adams,Watkins,Jarrett,Williams,Crawford,Beasley,etc. could be the best Dline ever.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If somehow we are lucky enough to get Adams, you young guys,

Jun 30, 2012, 3:39 PM

all good. the 2 Perry's were lights out. I've never seen anyone have a duo like that in college

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed! I hear we have some pretty decent talent on offense

Jun 30, 2012, 3:44 PM

too. This could be a heck of a lot of fun!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:You are right. We have not had that type ion sometime.

Jun 30, 2012, 3:44 PM

The guy is a wrecking machine. Reminds me of the Fridge throwing Horton around.

I was wondering if it was just me. Adams bears a striking

Jun 30, 2012, 4:49 PM

resemblance to The Fridge in the way he plays in all of the clips I've seen. Almost identical size at that age, same build and body type, eerily similar body mechanics. He looks to be extremely quick at the snap as well for such a big guy, a lot like Michael Dean Perry in that way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

That is what I thought watching his tape. Michael Dean. He

Jun 30, 2012, 5:48 PM

seemed like, when we needed a play that he could just burst into the backfield and disrupt everything. He would be by them before they ever got out of their stance. Now William on the other hand, would sometimes blow past them, but usually through them. I remember one time, he blocked a punt with the punt blocker! Yep.

Daniel,Adams,Nkemdiche.....There have been many, many years that we haven't signed a guy who was rated as high at his position as all of those guys rankings added together.

We may not get him, but it sure is fun to think about.

Re: That is what I thought watching his tape. Michael Dean. He

Jun 30, 2012, 8:07 PM

i also remember william knocking nebraska's center into the qb, recording the sack in the ob.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rimington . 2-time Outland Trophy winner. Perry owned him.

Jun 30, 2012, 9:18 PM

Devane did too. Then they tried to double team with Steinkuhler ( soph. guard). Still couldn't stop Perry and Devane. Steinkuhler won Outland as a senior.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The D-line we had a couple of years ago with Da'Quan,

Jun 30, 2012, 3:46 PM

Jenkins, Thompson, Branch, and Sapp was pretty dominant. It's easy to forget because our Offense struggled so much but ALL of those guys are in the NFL now. Not many schools can say they had 5 NFL D-Linemen on the same team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The D-line we had a couple of years ago with Da'Quan,

Jun 30, 2012, 3:49 PM

yup, Jenkins Thompson and Bowers were as good as any of the kids in this class, but agree with the above poster, had we had a real offense we would have been looking at top 10 finishes the previous 4 years.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Add Jamie Cumbie to that list

Jun 30, 2012, 4:06 PM [ in reply to The D-line we had a couple of years ago with Da'Quan, ]

He was a reserve and is with the Raiders now.

Re: Add Jamie Cumbie to that list- I wondered what happened

Jun 30, 2012, 4:21 PM

to him. did his legal thing get resolved I wonder?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not too sure how that all worked out

Jun 30, 2012, 6:52 PM

can argue a 7th too since Kevin Alexander was a backup at Bandit End and played SAM. He spent his rookie year playing in Denver before his incident that was later dropped.

William Perry,Dan Benish,Jeff Bryant,Andy Headen all played

Jun 30, 2012, 9:25 PM [ in reply to The D-line we had a couple of years ago with Da'Quan, ]

in the NFL. Plus you had Kinard,Rembert,Rod McSwain, and maybe even Hollis Hall that played in the NFL too. Besides them, you had Tim Childress at strong safety and he would absolutely lay the wood.

Luck will not be a factor...since it is a myth

Jun 30, 2012, 7:33 PM

nm

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic