Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Liberal (snicker) tolerance defined...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Liberal (snicker) tolerance defined...

Feb 10, 2012, 8:48 AM

What do the Catholic Church, Susan G. Komen for the Cure and CNN’s Roland Martin all have in common?

They’ve all just been given a lesson in liberal “tolerance.”

Being an unenlightened right-winger, I thought “tolerance” meant “tolerating things you don’t like.” That’s what liberals told me when they were defending burning the American flag at veterans events, or signs calling for the murder of George W. Bush, or taxpayer-funded displays of art featuring the Virgin Mary covered in dung — all real examples.

Why, I even remember a certain former first lady saying, “We need to stand up and say we’re Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration!”

Ah, but that was before the Obama administration. Now we have the New Tolerance, defined by liberals as “We will defend with our lives your right to say whatever we tell you to.”

The Catholic church knows all about the New Tolerance. They have this crazy idea that Catholic institutions should practice, you know, Catholicism. They also believe — I know it sounds nuts — that the government shouldn’t be able to force them to violate their own faith. Like Buddhists being forced to serve meat, they think being forced to hand out birth control or abortifacients offends their religious freedom.

Now Catholic hospitals and charities aren’t asking Team Obama to endorse these religious views. They’re merely asking liberals to tolerate them. The left’s answer?

To paraphrase Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, “Hell, no!”

The Obama administration instead declared any deviancy from liberal orthodoxy on “women’s health” issues intolerable. When Obamacare says everyone has to get in the “morning after pill” business, they mean everyone.

At the moment, New Tolerance is running into old-fashioned swing-state politics, and the White House may back down. But that’s just politics. The intolerance of the Obama left remains: Conform or be crushed.

Ask the poor ladies at the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Why was a group whose sole purpose is fighting breast cancer ever giving money to America’s largest abortion provider?

But with the left — like with organized crime — once you’re in, you can never get out. When the Komen Foundation announced an end to future Planned Parenthood funding, they were immediately attacked.

NOW declared Komen “is no longer an organization whose mission is to advance women’s health.” Twenty-two U.S. senators, including our own John Kerry, sent a public letter condemning the Komen Foundation’s actions. Liberal Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) tweeted that Komen’s attempt at abortion neutrality “puts politics before women’s health. @komenforthecure should be ashamed.”

Ah, but under the New Tolerance, neutrality equals disloyalty. The only “choice” is pro-choice.

The most confused victim of the New Tolerance has to be CNN’s Roland Martin. All he did was send a tweet: “If a dude at your Super Bowl party is hyped about David Beckham’s H&M underwear ad, smack the ish out of him!”

For reasons I don’t understand, this makes Martin a homophobe. GLAAD demanded he be pulled off the air, and his lame joke was labeled “the equivalent of cheerleading for violence against gays” in The Washington Post.

Now this isn’t David Duke. It’s Roland Martin — one of the New Tolerance thugs who has long played the race card in service of the liberal agenda.

If the left is willing to throw him under the bus, nobody is safe. Forget “Yes We Can!” Today it’s “You’ve Been Warned.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view.bg?articleid=1402526&format=text

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Re: Liberal (snicker) tolerance defined...

Feb 10, 2012, 8:50 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol***

Feb 10, 2012, 9:09 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell the whole truth:

Feb 10, 2012, 9:01 AM

it's only a mandate if you want to continue to receive federal funds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And then we start getting to core problems rather then

Feb 10, 2012, 9:13 AM

symptoms.

Why is Fed gov involved in this to begin with?

If they are involved, why are they micromanaging the rules?

Then we get to where we were before this blew up, they will micro manage the rules BUT have exceptions (consciousness clause, by the way sponsored by Ted Kennedy and signed by Billy, that should show how fast and far left we are moving)

So sure, my preference would be to go all the way to the first one, but as we work down the list we see how far we have gone.

You've got to be ready to stand by and watch someone

Feb 10, 2012, 9:43 AM

die on the sidewalk. Are you ready to do that? Is that who you are?

Do you think that's who we are as a country?

It's a pretty simple question.

That happens now, so now you dramatize the situation

Feb 10, 2012, 9:48 AM

and vilify me because I disagree on the method for handlign these situations.

I believe in a bottoms up approach not a top down approach. If you don't know what that means I won't bother explaining, but I'll give you a hint. Think private charities first, local govs 2nd, and state govs LAST.

Because the federal government is our only option!!!***

Feb 10, 2012, 11:49 AM [ in reply to You've got to be ready to stand by and watch someone ]

This statement is either...

Feb 13, 2012, 3:08 PM

dripping with sarcasim or the most absurd thing to ever come out of your head.

Medicare??***

Feb 10, 2012, 9:45 AM [ in reply to And then we start getting to core problems rather then ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would rather not have medicare/medicaid/SS at all.***

Feb 10, 2012, 9:47 AM

More power to ya'. I disagree.***

Feb 10, 2012, 9:51 AM

They are tying research grants to employee health coverage

Feb 10, 2012, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Tell the whole truth: ]

You say stop taking federal money.

Many of these hospitals, not just Catholic, do amazing research partially paid by federal grants. Should hospitals like St. Jude Childrens hospital, Mt Sinai medical center and other world renowned research hospitals just cease doing business because they dont offer an add on to there group health plan?

If you say yes, they may as well close the doors, because the reason high caliber doctors practice there is for the research. If they lose that, whole communities, as well as HUGE demographics, such as children, will go without treatment.

All this so Barry can appease his far left base, that will vote for him anyway.

I was talking about hospitals taking medicare/medicaid.***

Feb 10, 2012, 11:23 AM

I believe you said Federal Money. Grants are Federal Money

Feb 10, 2012, 11:42 AM

and would be subject to the rule.

Oh sure.That's true. It's just grant money pales in relation

Feb 10, 2012, 1:51 PM

to medicare/medicaid.

Ding ding ding

Feb 10, 2012, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Tell the whole truth: ]

This just highlights the underlying problems attendant with government subsidies of religion.

The whole federal bullying aspect

Feb 10, 2012, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Tell the whole truth: ]

is mindnumbing.(you do it barrys way or you get no $$$$$) They do it with highway funds (drinking age)(speed limit) for a couple of good examples. It's been going on for years and it should stop.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Reagan did it with drinking age. JC with the speed limit.***

Feb 10, 2012, 1:59 PM

nm

Message was edited by: josephg®

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic