Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Spiller rated in top #15 fastest NFL players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Spiller rated in top #15 fastest NFL players

Nov 3, 2011, 11:33 AM

Spiller rated in top #15 fastest NFL players

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Spiller rated in top #15 fastest NFL players

Nov 3, 2011, 11:37 AM

Jacoby is #5. Good stuff Tigers!

Apparently not enough guys have seen him...

Nov 3, 2011, 11:40 AM

When healthy, CJ is definitely faster than many of the guys in front of him on that list... i.e. Ted Ginn, Vick, Rodgers-Cromartie, Reggie Bush.

He def. has room to improve. Would be nice if

Nov 3, 2011, 11:52 AM

he could get on the field.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://brainsoup.net/pictures/whiteflour.gif

how can you improve, when you never get on the field?***

Nov 3, 2011, 11:59 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apparently not enough guys have seen him...

Nov 28, 2011, 7:13 AM [ in reply to Apparently not enough guys have seen him... ]

Though still not as fast as Jacoby Ford.

They don't have SEC speed, they have NFL speed !

Nov 3, 2011, 11:41 AM

Put that in your Garcia pipe and smoke it Coots !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sadly that's the only list he'll make

Nov 3, 2011, 11:53 AM

The window of opportunity is very small in the NFL. I hope Buffalo finds a way to get him out of town asap. I'd love to see him play anywhere in the NFC South. Many teams could find a better use for him than what Gailey has done to him.

I don't think Cam, Ryan and Brees would have much difficulty getting him the rock. Wow, are you kiddin'?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, would love to see him anywhere in the NFC South***

Nov 3, 2011, 12:52 PM

the window is small for RBs because of the beating they take

Nov 3, 2011, 12:55 PM [ in reply to sadly that's the only list he'll make ]

since CJ doesn't get the ball very often he has plenty of years left

it makes no sense they don't use him….

Nov 4, 2011, 12:01 AM [ in reply to sadly that's the only list he'll make ]

Fred Jackson has played good this season, but Spiller can provide a big play at any moment. Even though he has barely played, he drew a double team from the raiders that left a bills wr wide open for the winning td. If a defense respects him that much and he barely plays, you know people in the league thinks he is special.

Re: it makes no sense they don't use him….

Nov 4, 2011, 12:13 AM

The NFL is generally retarded when it comes to recycling talent. If CJ doesn't make it with the Bills he might be back up duty and done. NFL GMs and coaches are by far the most conservative natured buggers on the planet when it comes to utilizing folks they didn't draft.

That guy has more talent than Hester, Rdogers-Cromartie, or Ginn Jr. could ever hope for. Wallace is purely a WR and no way Vick is faster than CJ, but he plays a starting QB role. I hope he can hook up with some team before long or I fear it is game over for him. Sproles' action this year should help balance the negative impact of the Bush experiment in Miami and hopefully get him a look elsewhere if the Bills aren't smart enough to utilize him.

Just remember Thomas Jones who played at UVA….

Nov 4, 2011, 12:22 AM

was drafted by the Cardinals played there a few years and was considered a bust. Got picked up by Tampa Bay, played good in his role as a back up. Then went on to have much success with the Bears and Jets. You do see guys get second chances in the NFL. Thing with Spiller is, he hasn't even got a chance yet. Which is all the more head scratching when the Bills picked him ninth in the 1st round and they are paying him big money. On the Bills shop website, they were promoting his jersey the most before the season started. Normally when a guy is getting paid that much they put him on the field, so they will find out if he is good and so that they aren't paying a backup more than a lot of their starters.

Jacoby Ford was # 5***

Nov 3, 2011, 12:21 PM

Unfortunately speed is useless on the bench

Nov 3, 2011, 12:26 PM

Either he is not good enough, or that staff is not utilizing him.

I can't believe he is not returning kickoffs.

One of the best Tigers ever!

He was never good at running between the tackles,

Nov 3, 2011, 4:03 PM

even here at Clemson. Get him out in space and he's one of the deadliest players in the game.

Obviously it's much harder to get players the ball out in space in the NFL, but they've hardly even given CJ a chance in Buffalo.

that's pure myth, he had a number of his big runs up the….

Nov 4, 2011, 12:25 AM

middle. Everyone just said he didn't run well between the tackles just because he was a smaller back. Thing is until his senior season, they never called that many plays for CJ to run up the middle, they always left those plays to James Davis. That's the cause of the myth about his running style.

the staff is not utilizing him. I mean how do you not use a

Nov 4, 2011, 12:04 AM [ in reply to Unfortunately speed is useless on the bench ]

guy with 4.3 speed at all, not even in the return game, not even in the passing game, not even as a change of pace back. Heck, Devin Hester never played receiver in college and the Bears moved him there to try to find a way to utilize his talent and speed. But the Bills head coach did get fired from his two previous jobs, so that tells you alot right there. And don't be fooled by the bills 5-2 start, they will start to fall fast very soon.

Yeah, B-Meist, #5 Jacoby says, "Hello?!"***

Nov 3, 2011, 12:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, we Tigers knew these speed stats years ago on CJ & JF**

Nov 3, 2011, 9:55 PM

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet that moron Chan Gailey won't put him on the field***

Nov 3, 2011, 11:58 PM

Re: Yet that moron Chan Gailey won't put him on the field***

Nov 28, 2011, 7:25 AM

And when he does, he tries to run him between the tackles.

Spiller was never a between the tackles RB. James Davis and Jamie Harper were the between the tackles backs when he was at Clemson.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic