Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson Football Team Outing to Perry Correctional Prison
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson Football Team Outing to Perry Correctional Prison

Nov 2, 2011, 4:48 PM

Clemson Football Team Outing to Perry Correctional Prison

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be a good time to escape, our D could not stop them***

Nov 2, 2011, 4:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: It would be a good time to escape, our D could not stop them***

Nov 2, 2011, 4:52 PM

Burnnn

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha, or "Inmates working on option to slip by Clemson D***

Nov 2, 2011, 4:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

WRONG!!!

Nov 2, 2011, 6:19 PM [ in reply to It would be a good time to escape, our D could not stop them*** ]

We just wouldn't stop the 1 with the ball. The rest would be laid out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Were we scouting Usuck?***

Nov 2, 2011, 5:06 PM

Did they have a special cell waiting for Garcia? I don't

Nov 2, 2011, 5:06 PM

think SC Law Enforcement believes in 6 strikes

Our Coach and School are not perfect . . .

Nov 2, 2011, 5:10 PM

but they sure are class!!!!

Proud to be a Tiger!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: Our Coach and School are not perfect . . .

Nov 2, 2011, 7:25 PM

The Watch again!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our Coach and School are not perfect . . .

Nov 2, 2011, 10:57 PM

Huh? Do you mean my sig? Just curious.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

any1 know if they can watch the games in prison?

Nov 2, 2011, 5:13 PM

i know they prolly don't get espn or sittin in their cells with laptops on espn3, but the games on abc & raycom/jefferson pilot?

Anyone know of any1 in the DOC that can answer this?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: any1 know if they can watch the games in prison?

Nov 2, 2011, 5:23 PM

At one time DOC got all the channels
They all have a radio
Their just in prison not dead

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First there are no "Prisons" in SC. They are "Institutions".***

Nov 2, 2011, 5:43 PM

Hey, I used to live there!

Nov 2, 2011, 5:46 PM

not one of my better moments in life

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Second there are no "Prisoners" in SC. Proper terminology is

Nov 2, 2011, 5:47 PM

"Inmates". Take a walk in my shoes for a few years.

Re: Second there are no "Prisoners" in SC. Proper terminology is

Nov 2, 2011, 7:29 PM

You're at Broad River, are you sick?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Matthew 25:38

Nov 2, 2011, 5:48 PM

I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

Re: Matthew 25:38

Nov 3, 2011, 10:32 AM

I was thirsty and you beered me.

Maybe I'm missing something here...

Nov 2, 2011, 6:00 PM

but how is this community service? These guys that they came to visit are there because they committed terrible crimes against society. How does that make them special and deserving of a visit from the football team?

Now, if the idea of the trip was to show the young men on our team the consequences if they don't keep their lives in order, then I understand. But don't call it community service.

Last year when they helped pack food for the homeless seemed like a much more worthwhile venture.

null

If it contributes one iota towards reform,

Nov 2, 2011, 6:26 PM

Then it's community service.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Maybe I'm missing something here...

Nov 2, 2011, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Maybe I'm missing something here... ]

you didnt here dabo say that they were there to grow as people? as in you better grow the hell up, stop acting foolish/stupid, and dont end up in here. If only usuc would visit a prison. would probably lower their arrest record.....or not lol

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not everyone in prison is a lost cause***

Nov 2, 2011, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Maybe I'm missing something here... ]

Nov 2, 2011, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Maybe I'm missing something here... ]

So you didn't get caught? Judge not lest ye be judged. Lame generalization at best.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're saying I HAVE NOT been in prison

Nov 3, 2011, 9:08 AM

for the last 18 years, because I committed a crime worthy of such a penalty, yet I wasn't caught?

null

Yes, you definately missed something***

Nov 3, 2011, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Maybe I'm missing something here... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2011, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Maybe I'm missing something here... ]

Some people are so closed minded. Yes the visit was to show the players what could happen if they didn't keep their nose clean but it was also an uplifting experience for the inmates. The message Coach Swinney gave was amazing and it showed these guys that its never to late no matter what you've done in the past it's never to late to make a change in your life. We all need to be humbled, I think most of us has maybe done something in their lives to where depending on how the wind blows depends on which side of the razor wire we land on. I'm not saying that some people don't deserve the punishment they recieve but there are some people that just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time or it's that one mistake that cost them the rest of their lives. To you this visit is nothing but to those guys, they will remember for the rest of their lives. And just maybe what they heard on that day from coach may give them a little bit of hope.

I have a close friend who was at Perry for years

Nov 5, 2011, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Maybe I'm missing something here... ]

He's out now, reformed, solid citizen in society. Made some bad decisions as a youth.

As far as cable TV and Internet it depends in which cluster

Nov 2, 2011, 6:23 PM

you reside. The clusters with a single inmate per "room" do not have cable tv. There is however a tv in the Day Activities Room in each cluster. Channel selection is at the sole descetion of the Cluster Guidance Councelor on duty. The Councelors were formerly known as Guards. Some like real sports such as football and basketball or some even like baseball. Others like NASCAR or women's tennis.

Where two inmates share a "room" in the lower security level clusters then cable tv is available. These are known as the luxury suites. Internet is highly restrictive and an inmate does not have the priveledge to surf to any web site.

No ESPN3.con since the broadband is so great. Tigernet.com - yes, for now anyway.

All email and blog posts are strictly monitored for the inmates welfare.

At least all of the above is how it goes in my Broad River L3 home. Perry may be totally different. It all depends on the "President" of the Institution.

Re: As far as cable TV and Internet it depends in which cluster

Nov 2, 2011, 7:42 PM

Thanks TJ. I wish only the best for you and others who are in the same predicament as you are right now. I'm sure if most had it to do over again, they would not repeat the mistakes of the past. Not to mention that some may have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time too.

Does anyone else sense in is the kind of guy who, if he could, would do whatever he could to fix things for those who truly would like a do over?

That was a heavy experience that should stick with ALL of them for a very, very long time.

We all should be very tuned in to signals along the way when someone (a kid or young adult) is struggling and losing their way and be there to step up and step in to lend a helping hand. Be a friend, be a mentor, be their support system.

It matters more than you think or will ever know.

Re: As far as cable TV and Internet it depends in which cluster

Nov 2, 2011, 7:46 PM

My auto spell correct munged my sentence about sensing that Dabo is the kind of guy who genuinely would want to fix things for these guys in prison.

Based on his passion and emotional make-up, i just sense that he has that empathy and heart and he cannot turn it off for anything.

Re: Football Update: Clemson Football Team Outing to Perry Correctional Prison

Nov 2, 2011, 9:01 PM

As a pastor, I've visited Perry, and I can tell you there isn't a lot of difference between "them" and "us." There are good and godly men on the inside who put my meager faith to shame, and there are wicked men on the outside. They've made mistakes, as we all have. The vast majority of their crimes are non-violent, drug-related offences. Visit a prison and you come away inspired by the hope and faith of many who are walking the walk of faith.

I am also Clemson faculty. I run a mentoring program through Clemson for the children of these men. If you want to mentor and help guide a young person to a better life, email me at dtaylor@clemson.edu. Check us out at www.buildingdreamsmentoring.com or
http://www.clemson.edu/public/ifnl/projects_grants/building_dreams/index.html

Re: Football Update: Clemson Football Team Outing to Perry Correctional Prison

Nov 2, 2011, 9:15 PM

Why are the players wearing shoulder pads?

they aren't wearing shoulder pads... the jerseys are just

Nov 2, 2011, 10:09 PM

cut to fit tightly over the shoulder pads so the shoulders gather up some when not worn with the pads.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Better Headline: Entire Clemson Football Team Goes to Prison

Nov 3, 2011, 6:52 AM

That's how ESPN would frame it.

Re: Fertile recruiting ground for the Cockroaches***

Nov 4, 2011, 2:42 PM

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive