Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I really don't get why people read Shakin the Southland
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,942

I really don't get why people read Shakin the Southland

Oct 3, 2011, 12:06 AM

I have never been a fan of it, but I saw my friend retweeted one of their tweets so I had to check it out. Is it just me or are they over-critical, almost to dumper-esque status waiting for us to fail? I saw these and it just reassured why I do not check out that site, that along with the lame attempt of trying to get "The Sweatshirt" to stick as a negative nickname towards Dabo - my comments in italics:

Do people really like this blog?

ShakinSouthland DrB
Dont tweet to me all this #### about Swinney now being a great HC, Chad is the reason things have turned around, and we havent won a Title.
Fair about the title, but those playmakers are here because of Dabo, not Chad. You cannot blame the head coach for issues and then not give him credit for the good/

ShakinSouthland DrB
Somebody tell Robert Smith and McShay we believe in CHAD, not so much Swinney.
Sorry, but a lot of fans really do believe in Dabo

ShakinSouthland DrB
Of course this means we shall now lose to Wake Forest, to prove we're still Clemson.
Why say this after a big win? It seems like you want us to fail

ShakinSouthland DrB
This special teams play is going to drive me up the #### wall.
I assume this was after the botched PAT - it was bad, but we won the special teams battle and it was clearly evident

ShakinSouthland DrB
Still cant bring people down. They'll score here
ShakinSouthland DrB
We keep going 3 & out and they'll just get field position and short field to score on.
Two straight tweets insisting VT will come back

ShakinSouthland DrB
###### they are trying to give it to us, and we wont take it.
We were up 17-3 here and got a big stand. Hardly us not trying to take the game

ShakinSouthland DrB
Back foot throw, lucky he got that much on the ball.
Perhaps lucky, but Tajh made that throw on the money which means skill and not so much luck

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I started going to StS this year, but stopped.

Oct 3, 2011, 12:12 AM

My neighbor recommended them and said that they're "high IQ football guys". I'll give them that. They seem pretty insightful. I couldn't stand the dumper mentality though. It's just like you said, they're waiting for us to fail just so they can point fingers and say "I told you so".

DrB is an ego-maniac who can't admit when he's wrong.

Oct 3, 2011, 12:12 AM

Probably been married multiple times. Or not at all. :)

Re: I really don't get why people read Shakin the Southland

Oct 3, 2011, 1:44 AM

Don't they understand that Chad is here BECAUSE of Dabo? At least give the man some credit for making such a great hire.It's like some ppl will never forgive him because of that fact that he did not have the experience,
nor the creditials to be hired in the first place.At some point ppl are going to have to let that go and admit he's doing a great job now.He's made some mistakes but all in all he's performed at a higher level sooner that I would have expected.Great job Coach!

Re: I really don't get why people read Shakin the Southland

Oct 3, 2011, 1:51 AM

They can be a little negative, but they do have some good stuff. They are really good with X's and O's.

Really makes me miss Block-C, though.

They certainly know their X's and O's. More than most of us

Oct 3, 2011, 2:20 AM

us will ever know. Beyond that though, they're pretty much just a self-aggrandizing bunch of blowhards. There's a very good reason why they run a blog as a sideline job and are not on the sidelines in the arena. And they'll ban you faster than FGF for questioning their "insight" into the nuances of running a major college football program. Sycophants only, please.

I agree with your sentiments on their motives. They are so completely full of themselves that Dabo must fail lest their Magic 8 Ball prognostication ability be exposed for what it is. If they could match their tactical knowledge with the reality of recruiting and coaching 18-21 year-olds then, well, the site probably wouldn't even exist as they would actually be out there accomplishing something.

I don't see them as being a healthy addition to this program in any way, shape or form.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They certainly know their X's and O's. More than most of us

Oct 4, 2011, 8:57 AM

That last sentence pretty much sums up all of my thoughts.

X's and O's are good, but they don't understand People

Oct 3, 2011, 11:11 AM

...if they did they would hold back a some on their criticisms and let things unfold. Changing ways of thinking, and developing character, don't happen overnight.

The funny thing is purport to love Danny, but they are obviously too young to remember that the things Danny was criticized for (his demeanor, lack of experience, transition year(s)) are exactly the kinds of things people have been on Dabo about.

Definitely a dumper. Can't see the forest for the trees.***

Oct 3, 2011, 11:15 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on those tweets either

Oct 4, 2011, 9:01 AM

Blue_Caddy or amandadale77 run that website!!

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Based on those tweets either

Oct 4, 2011, 9:08 AM

Watch out. DrB is lurking TDing every post in agreement with the OP. ;) I agree with you. My first thought was, wow, is DrB Blue Cootie?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

So DrB's identity has been revealed to be Blue_Caddy?***

Oct 4, 2011, 9:09 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I enjoy the site

Oct 4, 2011, 9:30 AM

But they clearly don't like Dabo and think he is an idiot. So that bias colors the opinions on all things.

There hasn't exactly been a lot to speak about in a positive light with our football program until very very recently.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,942
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic