Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anybody else get stupid popups on their phone like this when using Tnet?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Does anybody else get stupid popups on their phone like this when using Tnet?

Jul 24, 2017, 3:48 PM

This is frustrating to the Nth degree.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does anybody else get stupid popups on their phone like this when using Tnet?

Jul 24, 2017, 3:50 PM

Every time

Re: Does anybody else get stupid popups on their phone like this when using Tnet?

Jul 24, 2017, 3:50 PM

I'm still waiting on my $1000 gift card.

Jul 24, 2017, 4:32 PM

I sent all my banking information to their customer support in Nigeria. I should be rich soon!

Search for it. We've told the mods about it countless times

Jul 24, 2017, 3:52 PM

But the site has to make money to send David to the Northwest for some duck hunting.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Search for it. We've told the mods about it countless times

Jul 24, 2017, 3:56 PM

Well, if it's for David....

Jul 24, 2017, 3:53 PM

All the time.

Amazon all the time........***

Jul 24, 2017, 3:54 PM

I don't use TheTigerNet on my phone (Samsung)

Jul 24, 2017, 3:59 PM

just because I don't like the format. However, I go on TheTigerNet every day on my iPad and got that stupid popup multiple times ... until someone on here mentioned using Opera VPN

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/opera-free-vpn-unlimited-ad-blocking-vpn/id1080756781?mt=8

I have also used the Opera browser on my laptop to block it. However, I rarely got the popup on my PC laptop. Opera browser with built-in VPN - http://www.opera.com/abtest/hp-2102-b?utm_expid=130432222-121.xOM28y0pTm-jPuEM23BPEA.2&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

For Android, you may want to try the Opera VPN for Android -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opera.vpn&hl=en

I haven't tried it, but I assume it would work just like the iOS version.

It works!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

yes, kicks me clear off the site when it does it.***

Jul 24, 2017, 4:29 PM

I use Chrome on my iphone 7 as the default...

Jul 24, 2017, 8:25 PM

...browser and do not have this issue. Maybe that helps? Dunno.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Jul 24, 2017, 8:40 PM

Congrats. And welcome to the team of winners. I also (along with countless T-netters) have won that glorious prize. I've been winning it for over a month now and still haven't received my money. I promised my wife and kids we'd go on a cruise as soon as I got my money and they are getting real antsy. And considering I've won it countless times I'm hoping to pay my house off as well.

Jul 24, 2017, 8:44 PM

Stop visiting #### sites??????

Naaa I used to until I downloaded an add blocker

I did not know that I lurked Russian #### Sites till TNET")

Jul 24, 2017, 9:00 PM

Honestly, the number of inappropriate Popups is really getting ridiculous. And they speak to me in Russian that I have no Idea what they are saying. I just figure it out by the Pictures!

No

Jul 24, 2017, 8:58 PM

Mine says "iPad user"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2017, 9:17 PM

Open your chrome browser and delete the browsing history. This will make this go away for several months before you have to do it again. Also close all open windows which may be in background. Has worked for me several times. Hope this helps- let me know if this works for you.

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Jul 25, 2017, 8:58 AM

If you are using Chrome as your browser go to extensions and select add blocker, check the enable box and your problems will go away!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic