Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not about sports at all!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,267

Not about sports at all!!!

Jul 23, 2017, 9:41 PM

Have any of you watched that new movie Dunkirk, if so, what did you think about it. IMO, it was like watching paint drying. One of the most boring movies I've ever tried to watch....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And here I was thinking this would be about ESPN***

Jul 23, 2017, 9:41 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Not about sports at all!!!

Jul 23, 2017, 9:43 PM

I thought it was extremely intense but I liked it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i planned to go today, but took a nap instead

Jul 23, 2017, 10:06 PM

some of the reviews were similar to yours

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not about sports at all!!!

Jul 23, 2017, 10:12 PM

Not sure about the movie, but that single event in history probably helped win WWII. Amazing rescue of epic proportions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As far as war movies go, it had some things I really liked

Jul 23, 2017, 10:22 PM

and some I did not.

Nolan did not feel the need for much character backstory or development. He tried to let the event stand on it's own merit, without over-dramatized heroes or love stories.

However, I would have liked a little different perspective of the event as it was happening, either by involving disussions at high command or using historical radio..something like that.

Since the whole movie centered on a very compressed time frame that included a limited number of events from different character perspectives, it was shot in an order that was a bit confusing, revisiting the same action more than once. Add to that the fact that many of the soldiers looked so similar, it became difficult to follow.

But the scenes are intense, the tension palpable and the storyline was compelling, and it did not rely on blood and guts like more recent war movies.

I wish it had more enemy land action in it and that the british citizens armada was bigger. As I stated before, it could have used at least one more outside point of view and a bit more of a main hero. Other than that, it was a true war movie. I liked it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,267
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic