Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many Qbs will we see this year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,448

How many Qbs will we see this year.

Jun 20, 2017, 8:49 PM

I kinda feel like we don't have a starter. And we may see cooper Bryant Johnson may Israel as well. I know we really need a set starter but I don't think we have one yet. And I think we see about everyone play. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This sounds cootish....

Jun 20, 2017, 9:40 PM

nomsayin?

Re: How many Qbs will we see this year.

Jun 20, 2017, 10:48 PM

Considering we probably blow out Kent State, we'll probably see 3-4 qbs in that game.

I could see a situation where Bryant plays really well and handles the job all season. Similar to Tajh Boyd. Boyd was by no means a world beater leaving spring practice his first year as starter and he turned out to be really good once the season got going

Jun 20, 2017, 11:55 PM

I think one will emerge from Auburn as the starter. Which one is yet to be seen.

Jun 21, 2017, 12:04 AM

Hunter Johnson had better be studying the playbook night and day. :) So far, I think he fits the mode of the offense the best, but is behind and playing catch-up to everyone. I predict he will be the starter by game 6 or 7, but by then it might be too late to make a run at the NC again. I'm not sure if our D can win all the games until someone steps up.

I expect KB to start, and we see all QB's in the Kent game.

The Auburn game is going to be a trial-by-fire. If a QB does not separate from the pack in the Kent game, then the Auburn game is going to be a slugfest. One had better step up quickly.

Jun 21, 2017, 1:21 AM

I agree with Bryant as the starter if Dabo does, that's all I'm saying. Bryant is a talent, He could be something special, there's no doubt. Without getting into the offense scheme, to your point, Hunter Johnson is a 5* that in my imagination doesn't seem to be comfortable keeping a bench warm.

Too much talent. He will constantly compete with Kelly, as Cooper somewhere in the middle, or not at all. Transfer? Beat out Kelley and compete with HJ? So many questions. As much as I respect Israel's game and his talent, we know that there is much more talent in front of him. He is the next Nick S. no shame in that gig. On that note, how long does it take for HJ to prove himself as a starter this year, late this year, before next year before Lawrence arrives. He will be a hot commodity that teams would love to have, since his committed, I see him competing hard for the position. he ahs the tools.
Wishing the best season for K. Bryant. Fall camp is coming and will tell a lot.

Jun 21, 2017, 2:17 AM

Unless Bryant is aces all year, we will see a repeat of a few years ago. People don't change and Dabo won't trust a young QB until he has to. Bryant starts and holds the job until he loses two games- regardless of what happens in fall camp.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,448
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic