Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CBO Scores House Health Care Bill.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

CBO Scores House Health Care Bill.

May 24, 2017, 4:46 PM

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52752

51 million uninsured by 2026 or 23 million more than currently.

$119 Billion in deficit reduction through 2026.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Senate may craft a very different bill

May 24, 2017, 5:22 PM

and then round and round we'll go.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

The Senate will make changes, but there is no way to reduce

May 24, 2017, 5:28 PM

the number of uninsured to a level acceptable to most people without maintaining the current system or going to a single payer system.

SC residents who have pre-existing conditions, especially those who are nongroup members are going to see their premiums sky-rocket.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You only have any given preexisting condition once.

May 24, 2017, 7:15 PM

The plan allows the insurance company to levy an initial charge to the purchaser. I can't remember exactly but it seems to have been about 4 months premium.

As far as 50+ million without insurance by 2026, the number will go up significantly without a new insurance bill. BlueCross said they will sell no more Obamacare and discontinue policy renewals.

Anyone who want insurance can buy insurance. Like Obama said, 50 bucks a month for a cell phone, 50 for internet service and 50 for cable. $150/mo goes a long way to cover healthcare. Or, if you think the cellphone, tv and internet are more important that your healthcare...there's pills for mental illness.

What happens to a 200 footlong steel beam if it's only supported on the two ends?

Hint: It collapses under its own weight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck landing a job without a phone.***

May 24, 2017, 7:21 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is complete asisnine logic.***

May 25, 2017, 8:01 AM [ in reply to You only have any given preexisting condition once. ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ugh, it would only affect non-group insureds

May 25, 2017, 12:54 PM [ in reply to The Senate will make changes, but there is no way to reduce ]

A really small number of people would end up having higher premiums without community rating.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish they wouldn't do reconciliation to pass this bill.

May 24, 2017, 7:19 PM [ in reply to The Senate may craft a very different bill ]

I know they have the luxury of nuking this problem because they are extremely tweaking Obamacare. This problem needs a complete doover. Imo, this is a half slow way to fix insurance. In other words this is halfast.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell me again how accurate the CBO was scoring Obamacare?***

May 24, 2017, 5:41 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty accurate and much more accurate than any others.

May 24, 2017, 5:52 PM

The cost actually turned out to be lower than estimates. The Supreme Court ruled that states could opt out of the medicaid expansion after the CBO scored it, which prevented millions from getting coverage.

I don't believe that's true at all...

May 25, 2017, 2:49 PM

Medicaid enrollees were higher than predicted and exchange enrollees were off by a factor of 100%!

From discussion yesterday:

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21605485

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You still haven't identified a better predictor.***

May 25, 2017, 2:55 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I don't know of one, other than common sense...

May 25, 2017, 2:57 PM

I've never suggested I have a better scoring method.

Heck, I'm not sure that we need to try to score consumer behavior. I'm not sure that it doesn't do more harm than good.

I think the CBO should estimate the budgetary impact of a bill. Sure, for something like this, they have to take some guess as to the impact on the subsidized insurance part, but their estimates ought to stop there to the greatest extent possible.

Re: Tell me again how accurate the CBO was scoring Obamacare?***

May 24, 2017, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Tell me again how accurate the CBO was scoring Obamacare?*** ]

Tell me again how many of Trump's supporters his Healthcare Plan and Budget Plan are going to get screwwed?

As for the CBO on Obamacare, instead of listening to the Fox talking heads, you might consider doing a little research...here you go:

"So, was the Congressional Budget Office really “way, way off … in every aspect” of how it predicted that Obamacare would work, as the White House claims? No, it wasn’t.
The CBO actually nailed the overall impact of the law on the uninsured pretty closely. It predicted a big drop in the percentage of people under age 65 who would lack insurance, and that turned out to be the case. CBO projected that in 2016 that nonelderly rate would fall to 11 percent, and the latest figure put the actual rate at 10.3 percent.
It’s true (as Trump administration officials have repeatedly pointed out) that CBO greatly overestimated the number who would get government-subsidized coverage through the new insurance exchanges. But at the same time, CBO underestimated the number who would get coverage through expanding Medicaid.
And whatever the failings of CBO’s predictions, they were closer to the mark than those of the Obama administration and some other prominent forecasters.
Let’s look at the details.
Back on March 20, 2010, when the law had taken its final form and was working its way to President Obama’s desk, the CBO issued its official estimate of the cost and effects of the Affordable Care Act. And after the Supreme Court struck down a key part of that law — ruling that states could not be forced to expand eligibility for Medicaid — CBO updated its estimates accordingly in July 2012.
In what follows, we will cite CBO’s 2012 projections unless otherwise indicated, since we can never know how accurate the 2010 projections would have been had the law been allowed to take effect as written."

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/03/cbos-obamacare-predictions-how-accurate/

from yesterday's discussion on the same piece...

May 25, 2017, 2:50 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21605485

I see you guys all got your stories straight.***

May 24, 2017, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Tell me again how accurate the CBO was scoring Obamacare?*** ]

Re: CBO Scores House Health Care Bill.

May 24, 2017, 6:16 PM

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/24/hhs-premiums-individual-health-plans-doubled-2013-2017/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CBO Scores House Health Care Bill.

May 24, 2017, 7:20 PM

Why do you think they call that site HotAir. Look to the Bush Administration for the beginning of increases to cost of Health Insurance.

According to the Kaiser survey, the average annual employee contribution for a family of four increased 88 percent between 2001 and 2008.

Republican's need to actually talk to each other

May 24, 2017, 6:38 PM

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/867495479248117760

Re: Republican's need to actually talk to each other

May 24, 2017, 7:16 PM

If we can convince isis to sign up for trumps medicaide plan, ryan has a reason to feel optimistic.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic