Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seems people think Feaster should be a 25 carry/ 150+yd RB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,927

Seems people think Feaster should be a 25 carry/ 150+yd RB

May 24, 2017, 8:25 AM

right now after just 1 year on campus. Personally, I don't ever think he'll be that kind of guy. He's always been more Christian McCaffrey than Wayne Gallman. IMO Feaster's a 25 touches guy, but not a 25 carries guy. We maximize Tavien's talents if he has 15 carries (half of which are perimeter runs), 5 catches (angle routes, wheel routes, check downs, screens, etc.), and 4 to 5 KO returns per game.

Now we saw last year that he clearly wasn't ready for this type of workload. He had his KO duties stripped because he was running too hesitantly. Hopefully, he's fixed that this year and can rightfully take that spot back. Most of his carries last year in limited opportunities were between the tackles. With more carries available this year, I hope Elliot calls more tosses and sweeps for him so he can use his speed on the outside. In the passing game Feaster should be the ultimate weapon (particularly on 3rd down), but as many have said, the pass protection has to be up par.

I think he'll eventually come around to being that gamebreaker he has the potential be, but he's first got to get rid of that hesitancy in his running and just hit it. That more than anything else will keep him off the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully NOT 4-5 KO returns per game

May 24, 2017, 8:30 AM

That means opponent is scoring too much.

Depends on what you are talking about. Receiving 4-5

May 24, 2017, 9:13 AM

kicks a game isn't bad at all, but some of those are going to be touchbacks which don't count as returns. If he's actually returning 4-5 per game, then yeah, something is wrong. The opposing team scoring 3-4 times isn't bad though.

Recruiting hype.. people need to realize he could

May 24, 2017, 8:34 AM

Be Spiller or Harper.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

the pass protection has to be up par

May 24, 2017, 8:50 AM

You hit the nail on the head. he needs to be complete player and adding pass protection will make him that and give him more snaps going forward.

Guy like him should study tapes

May 24, 2017, 10:54 AM

of a guy like Justin Miller. No hesitation, just took off like a rocket and flowed where his eyes put him. Doesn't seem complicated to me, but I guess few can do it.

if we weren't so stacked at the 2 receiver position

May 24, 2017, 1:01 PM

getting Feaster some touches in space there would make sense. however, this do-it-all strategy might be what hampered Feaster last year. he needs to concentrate on one thing at a time and he should start with his pass blocking. once he gets that down, he'll be the 3rd down RB and could see tons of check downs with teams playing off our stellar WRs

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as those 4-5 KO returns come

May 24, 2017, 1:04 PM

after field goals, I'm cool with that.

Re: That hesitancy will keep him on the bench if he does not

May 24, 2017, 3:13 PM

change.

Re: Seems people think Feaster should be a 25 carry/ 150+yd RB

May 24, 2017, 3:45 PM

Well if you look at christians stats he averaged around 24 carries a game past 2 years. So he was a 25 carry type of back plus he caught passes and special teams so i get what you were trying to say but using Mccaffery was a bad choice bc he did average bout 25 carries a game. I think Fiester can be a 20 carry type guy tho I don't think we will need him like that this year but think he will become that type of back. I do agree Fiester is more of a get it to him in space back but I think he will surprise you on the work load he will be able to carry! He looked good in spring game and I think if he gets his pass protection down(think he will) then him and fuller will share the load this year and be thunder lighting 2.0 for clemson.

May 24, 2017, 3:49 PM

Also I think that hesitation he had last year won't be there this year. I think the game has slowed down for him like most players going from freshmen year to sophomore had his first spring practice and think we will see him run wide open this year.

May 24, 2017, 7:08 PM

He's actually a pretty sturdy back and I bet he'll be 10+ lbs heavier in the fall than he is right now .
20 carries a game for a guy with his home run ability is a good thing , not a negative.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,927
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic