Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wanna Talk some Clemson football ? Feaster
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,830

Wanna Talk some Clemson football ? Feaster

May 24, 2017, 12:36 AM

With the post spring release coming out this week, I've been doing some homework. Particularly at the RB position. This one is going to be a little shorter, maybe I'll get passed over by grammar police if my keyboard makes a mistake.

So, Feaster is number one on my list for questions. Some of you have seen the depth chart and thought
maybe some of the same things I have thought. Question: Why hasn't he established himself at least a contender with Choice, he is wearing #28? I mean, that's all I heard about and He welcomed it. We know Offensive line is going to be stout, Hope Mitch stays for his 4th year, however NFL dollars will be calling. We can hope, like Leggett did. Wow, what a way to up your draft stock. Catch critical plays on film showing off your skills. Back to OL for a sec, we're pretty deep in National contender talent. Right? You all know how I feel about this defense, it's going to be the show of the year. Ferrell will be the sack leader, but that's 'just my opinion. However, shouldn't' we have a good RB year as well to compliment a balanced attack? It got me thinking about our on our Feaster and the talent that lies within. I know Travis E. is coming, all the more reason Feaster needs to establish himself this year. At least I've seen glimpse while wearing an orange jersey on Feaster.

Has he not learned the blocking role of a running back? Can he see the plays developing? I've seen his HS film and other camp films. He has unusual talent if displayed. Has hip movement and ability to get low is that of a classic old school running back. Has the size the compete through tackles. What is it that is keeping him from becoming that dynamic back that separates him like He was touted to be? Any guesses? Don't get me wrong, I like this kid, obviously I'm pointing out that He could or should compete for the 1st back by now. Am I wrong on this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wanna Talk some Clemson football ? Feaster

May 24, 2017, 12:55 AM

Lol. Loved the last few times I've seen your "wanna talk some football?" threads pop up in the sea of 200 identical depressing baseball posts

May 24, 2017, 1:05 AM

And on the topic- imo the RB depth chart will remain similar out of senority and trust coaches have for Fuller, but Feaster sees the field early in the season and starts to do Feaster things. Will get heavy PT if not win the job outright at some point during the year. But I expect the RB order to remain the same until the season starts. It will be interesting to see if coaches roll with one guy to carry 95% (made up statistic) of the load like Wayne did or use more of a committee

May 24, 2017, 1:51 AM

Sometimes people need a reminder, it's FB forum. People eager to talk FB in a baseball crowded forum appreciate it. I agree, for the most part. Fuller will pound for that extra yardage, can catch really well, however no RB in our Roster is rated as high as Feaster. That's was it puzzling. It will be a RB by committee unless Feaster shows a drastic improvement into Fall. only thing is, he's had time.
Such a dynamic player with a big upside, just wondering what's going to flip the switch for him. He could be a big time playmaker.

^^^ this. alot of eventual starters are backups coming into

May 24, 2017, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Wanna Talk some Clemson football ? Feaster ]

fall because of seniority. it has nothing to do with anything but respect and motivation

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

In our offense, with a lot of designed QB runs, and prolific

May 24, 2017, 7:25 AM

passing, the running back blocking is crucial. So, with talent being anywhere close to similar, he who blocks, plays. I think Feaster will make big strides this year in that area. Hopefully he eliminates the "Ole'" blocking attempt from his repertoire. He probably was never asked to throw a real block his whole high school career.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just talked to a coach from Spartan High and you are

May 24, 2017, 11:44 PM

correct. The coach said he hardly ever was blocking in their scheme. Also said he was amazed at his size now... said once he gets blocking down... its on.

May 24, 2017, 7:37 AM

This was the only thing on the depth cart that stood out to me was him being third string still. Hopefully it's CS historic seniority depth chart to start the season. I trust him. I don't question CS anymore. We are truly blessed to have him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2017, 7:46 AM

You can never have too many running backs. they get hammered all season long and the more we can rotate in and out the better. hopefully feaster can earn some PT and kill it when he gets in. he is a home run threat for sure.

May 24, 2017, 8:15 AM

At some point in your career, you either improve if possible or you retire from.... feaster is to the point where he learns to block or his career will be over as a tailback. he has the talent and the speed (the only thing you really can't teach) to go far in football. Picking up the blitzer and protecting the qb is what he has to learn and do. Until then, the way we use him is very limited. Ball security is no 1 with any team that really limits playing time. True Dabo likes the older guys, but youngsters can beat them out when they learn the playbook and put in the work during the off season and in practice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All above sounds about right but where does Bama get their huge fast RB trains

May 24, 2017, 8:35 AM

That bull thru our great Dline, LB'ers & then out-run our A-A Dbacks?! WHERE!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those 30+ carry a game bruisers are not going to commit to

May 24, 2017, 9:38 AM

a school (us) that plays the Spread offense, because:

a) They are not going to get the carries.
b) They would have to learn to catch the ball out of the backfield.
c) They would have to learn to block.

That is why we recruit the faster, slightly smaller type of RB that fits with our offense. Those types (see Dalvin Cook) can be just as effective, we just have to find the right one. Hopefully Feaster (or Etienne) is it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those 30+ carry a game bruisers are not going to commit to

May 24, 2017, 11:32 PM

I can see your point from historical view. Is Travis E. a bruiser? I hope so, I also hope that Feaster can learn to block. Gallman was coached by Allen, he will be missed. The bruising mentality, hard running and blocking came from old school Allen. Hope that Feaster has learned enough under Gallman to see the pro-type of what he needs to do to elevate his game. I know he's a " homerun : in the end zone for speed, but blocking and field vision has to be there in Fall to compete with all the talent we have, and what is also coming in. In regards to recruiting smaller backs, you're right. However, 5 stars is a big grade to give to a kid that isn't complete at his position for any school situation. Which lends me to think, Feaster has got the potential to land his spot.

Jet sweeps, etc. are great, but to be a complete back you have to block. He has the ability and frame. Hoping the best for Feaster, still got my orange & white issue of him on the cover.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,830
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic