Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mange post got me thinkin....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 429

Mange post got me thinkin....

Apr 26, 2017, 12:49 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21473168

Didn't want to post a reply there because it's too public, but for those who ever met or know any FH (not to be confused with FHG) stories, let's just say that it's highly unlikely that he was real heavy in the civil rights movement back in the day, and he wasn't private about it either.

Makes you wonder how long it'll be before he makes the next round of SJW target lists.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say we replace it with a solid gold casting of Dabo's

Apr 26, 2017, 12:54 PM

erect #####. Make everyone rub it as they ran down the hill.

Dude brought us a natty.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GIVE 110%,

Apr 26, 2017, 12:55 PM

KEEP YER FILTHY HANDS OFF MY ####!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe start a new tradition where everyone "Boulwares" the

Apr 26, 2017, 12:58 PM

phallus by licking along the shaft tenderly and seductively with their tongues. It may take a few more hours to get everyone off the bus, but it's worth it.

THIINK OF THE HYPE.

It would raise an interesting question.....

Apr 26, 2017, 1:00 PM

Is the first player in line off the bus a germaphobe, or just really really gay?

His lack of sideburns is culturally insensitive and his all

Apr 26, 2017, 12:58 PM [ in reply to I say we replace it with a solid gold casting of Dabo's ]

in moto is reminiscent of slave traders packing as many slaves into ships as they could possibly hold. Great person to admire, you fugging racist.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

burn? Like a native american? You insensitive F###!***

Apr 26, 2017, 12:59 PM

Excuse me, my white privilege hindered my ability to see how

Apr 26, 2017, 1:02 PM

that could be offensive. But my point still stands that it's a symbol of cisgendered white male dominance and the patriarchal society of oppression they created.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought we already had one?

Apr 26, 2017, 1:00 PM [ in reply to I say we replace it with a solid gold casting of Dabo's ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's Boulware-ing the F outta that trophy.***

Apr 26, 2017, 1:09 PM

Something like this?

Apr 26, 2017, 1:21 PM [ in reply to I say we replace it with a solid gold casting of Dabo's ]

Dabo saying "We're #1"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe market it a little better, but ya.***

Apr 26, 2017, 1:23 PM

By better, do you mean...

Apr 26, 2017, 1:35 PM

lengthier, girthier or both?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More hair.***

Apr 26, 2017, 1:36 PM

I'll say that will never happen. 95% of the white

Apr 26, 2017, 1:19 PM

people in the South were racists then. It's the way we were raised. Most came around, though, on the race issue and integration.

Tillman's name, on the other hand, imo, should be removed from Tillman Hall. He was a coward and murderer, and led the political charge against blacks in SC with violence and intimidation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll say that will never happen. 95% of the white

Apr 26, 2017, 1:23 PM

I followed you until...........

well, actually I never followed you on this and

pretty racist view of white people you have there.***

Apr 26, 2017, 1:25 PM [ in reply to I'll say that will never happen. 95% of the white ]

Good article on Tillman:

Apr 26, 2017, 1:31 PM

Link to full article:

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/ben-tillman-was-a-racist-terrorist-and-murderer-its-time-to-take-down-his-statue/Content?oid=4857402

The then 29-year-old Tillman led the members of the Sweetwater Sabre Club, a.k.a. the Edgefield Redshits, against a local militia group, all black. Several African-American militia men were killed in a pitched battle with red-shirt-wearing white terrorists. After the militia surrendered, five of them were called out by name and executed. A few weeks later, when vigilantes captured a black state senator named Simon Coker, Tillman was present when two of his men executed the prisoner while he was on his knees praying.

Later, the terrorist leader Tillman explained his intentions on that fateful July 8 day: "It had been the settled purpose of the leading white men of Edgefield to seize the first opportunity that the Negroes might offer them to provoke a riot and teach the negroes a lesson; as it was generally believed that nothing but bloodshed and a good deal of it could answer the purpose of redeeming the state from Negro and carpetbag rule." In a 1909 speech at a Red Shirt reunion in Anderson, Tillman reiterated this point, noting that he believed in "terrorizing the Negroes at the first opportunity by letting them provoke trouble and then having the whites demonstrate their superiority by killing as many of them as was justifiable."

He added, "That we have good government now is due entirely to the fact that Red Shirt men of 1876 did all and dared all that was necessary to rescue South Carolina from the rule of the alien, the traitor, and the semi-barbarous negroes."

After the Hamburg Massacre, Tillman was proclaimed a hero by a good portion of the white population and he began a career as an agrarian reformer and "man of the people" in addition to being a champion of the state's pro-lynching law and voter intimidation.

In 1890 he was elected governor. But Tillman was no reformer and proved to be little different from the corrupt and self-serving regime his agrarian reform campaign replaced, according to historian Walter Edgar. "Rampant nepotism and office-seeking made a mockery of rotation in office," Edgar wrote. "Tillman himself was guilty of seeking favors and gifts while governor. Local [Tillman] officials went on a stealing spree that rivaled the days of the old [Reconstruction] administration.

Edgar adds, "For the state's farmers, support of whom was the reason the reform movement had come into being, life was little better for all of Tillman's promises."

Under Tillman's administration the anti-Charleston state created the Dispensary system, by which the state held a monopoly on the sale of alcohol. Tillman's biographer, Francis Butler Simkins, called the Dispensary the "most profound, insidious, and widespread agency of corruption" in South Carolina history.

As governor, Tillman had the legislature call a convention to draft a new constitution in 1895 for the purpose of disenfranchising the last black voters in the state. Tillman always considered this his greatest achievement.

Tillman went to the U.S. Senate in 1895, where he remained until his death in 1918. He used the Senate floor and the Chatauqua circuit to become the nation's loudest and most famous proponent of white supremacy, or in his own words, "preaching to those people the gospel of white supremacy according to Tillman."

Nearly a century after Tillman's death, we understand that he was no hero. And we are free to discuss his life and his place in South Carolina history in a way that previous generations could not. Today we know him as a murderer and a terrorist, a proud white supremacist who made war on the people of this state. I recently created a website, downwithtillman.com, which, as the name implies, advocates the removal of the Tillman statue from the front of the Statehouse. Those are hallowed grounds. They should be reserved for consecrating the noblest of our citizens, the proudest moments of our history. Clearly Tillman does not measure up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not sure I'd call it "good".***

Apr 26, 2017, 1:36 PM

Re: Good article on Tillman:

Apr 26, 2017, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Good article on Tillman: ]

Barking up the wrong tree pal. Take it to Ampitheatre and get some points and TD's.

Obed, pawski has a request.***

Apr 26, 2017, 1:43 PM

Hamburg was a port town right on the Savannah River,

Apr 26, 2017, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Good article on Tillman: ]

site of present day North Augusta.

Interesting, but Chas City Paper is heavily left-wing***

Apr 26, 2017, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Good article on Tillman: ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Howard was no different, and maybe not even as outspoken as

Apr 26, 2017, 3:54 PM

Bear Bryant during that era. Bear only started to accept black athletes after getting embarrassed by them a couple of times. More than likely, the same attitude held for the majority of major college coaches in the South at that time, it's just that it wasn't much of a story if your program wasn't winning.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 429
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic