Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Teachable Moments: Monte Lee preparing his team for the postseason
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,638

New Story: Teachable Moments: Monte Lee preparing his team for the postseason

Apr 24, 2017, 1:59 PM

Teachable Moments: Monte Lee preparing his team for the postseason

Following Clemson’s loss to Wake Forest in the finale of Saturday’s doubleheader, head coach Monte Lee gathered his entire team on the edge of the outfield grass and spent nearly 15 minutes in conversation with his players. Why? Because every moment is a teachable moment. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His approach to teaching reminds me of another great Clemson coach

Apr 24, 2017, 2:37 PM

Nm

Re: His approach to teaching reminds me of another great Clemson coach

Apr 24, 2017, 3:08 PM

Hmm. Wonder who that could be... But yes, I agree. Notice his pressers to that he takes the blame, points to the positives and never makes excuses, or calls players out. I know, I know, it's over but maybe BB could take lessons in the off season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2017, 3:18 PM

Disagree on the offseason. This team had that speech already and interim reminders as needed. At stake to make #1 seed is clutch hitting, pressure pitching and no errors. Tall order but the Tigers are good for that. That's the drum he's pounding.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2017, 10:16 PM

I was talking about brownlee taking notes from Monte and Dabo during basketball off season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Teachable Moments: Monte Lee preparing his team for the postseason

Apr 24, 2017, 3:26 PM

The college game and the approach to the game of baseball is so different at the college level vs. the pros, and a lot of casual baseball fans don't understand that. Monte Lee gets it.

He knows every game matters, every inning matters, and every out matters and he does a great job motivating our guys, keeping arms and bodies fresh, and getting the most out of the talent that we have. He's a great molder of men.

Re: New Story: Teachable Moments: Monte Lee preparing his team for the postseason***

Apr 24, 2017, 3:36 PM

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Teachable Moments: Monte Lee preparing his team for the postseason***

Apr 24, 2017, 3:45 PM

I was trying to encourage the team and fans to focus on the fundamentals. Good batting, good pitching, good fielding. All have diminished some the last two series. If they pick up, we'll prevail. If not, we'll struggle. This is college championship caliber baseball pushing to the next level.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,638
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic