Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Nation's #1 prospect releases statement about his recruitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Nation's #1 prospect releases statement about his recruitment

Mar 6, 2017, 10:11 AM

Nation's #1 prospect releases statement about his recruitment

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to the Clemson Family!!!11***

Mar 6, 2017, 10:26 AM

Re: Welcome to the Clemson Family!!!11***

Mar 6, 2017, 10:39 AM

He seems like a clever young man He will fit in nicely with the other great players we are bringing in. Having that meaningful degree will be important to him I'm sure. The longer he takes the more he will realize what is going on in Columbia. Muschamps will do ok there because he has a win at all cost approach and I'm sure that this potential player will see that that only spells trouble for the program!

Re: Welcome to the Clemson Family!!!11***

Mar 6, 2017, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Welcome to the Clemson Family!!!11*** ]

Tough one for sure.

Grew up a Gamecock fan but what is in his best interest from a college football experience isn't there. I am sure the pressure on him is immense.

He will do well, wherever. It is basically down to what level of team success he wants to have during collegiate career.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These statements feel like folks that want to be famous

Mar 6, 2017, 10:39 AM

but complain about the fame.

That being said, I can't imagine the pressure that folks put on top rated athletes especially now in the social media world. To me its a little creepy that growd-a$$ men follow teenagers on twitter.

I'm over this dude to be honest

Mar 6, 2017, 11:22 AM

Give me Stephon Wynn, KJ Henry and Justin Mascoll and we can call it a day.

Won't disagree with you on this one. Wait a minute

Mar 6, 2017, 11:32 AM

Uh Oh I hope he doesn't read your post. LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wynn plays a different position.

Mar 6, 2017, 11:35 AM [ in reply to I'm over this dude to be honest ]

Unlike you I hope we land him. We also gain nothing by trashing him.

Re: Wynn plays a different position.

Mar 6, 2017, 11:53 AM

They're both projected strongside DE's in college.

We are recruiting Wynn to play DT, so no*****

Mar 6, 2017, 11:58 AM

Re: We are recruiting Wynn to play DT, so no*****

Mar 6, 2017, 2:30 PM

Show me where you read Clemson is recruiting his as a DT

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

It's been on here numerous times. Tigerbry maybe?*****

Mar 6, 2017, 3:06 PM

For what it is worth Wynn is calling himself DE/DT*****

Mar 6, 2017, 3:12 PM

Scout also has an article about him calling him a DT next******

Mar 6, 2017, 3:15 PM

Sure we do

Mar 6, 2017, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Wynn plays a different position. ]

We make ourselves feel better when/if he goes somewhere else by making ourselves feel like getting him to Clemson wasn't a big deal in the first place. Plus, if we can convince ourselves that his character is somehow lacking, then even if he's great wherever he goes, we can tell ourselves that he still wasn't somebody we wanted. And, obviously to some people, not immediately wanting to go to Clemson and/or having interest in other schools is indicative of a character flaw.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not. But I don't allow myself to be caught up in teenage

Mar 6, 2017, 12:26 PM [ in reply to I'm over this dude to be honest ]

decisions. I hope he comes.. he'll be awesome. But the dude can have his space to be a kid making a choice. Can you not give him that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

"Fans are crazy"

Mar 6, 2017, 11:26 AM

**Proceeds to spend hours digging through Twitter mentions and message board conversations from fans**

To put it as gently as possibly - you can't have it both ways. You can't desire to be in the public eye and put every single one of the musings that pop into your young mind on Twitter, and then turn right around and bemoan the fact that those public messages are scrutinized. If you don't want to open yourself up to misinterpretation from "crazy" fans, perhaps it would be best to step away from constant Twitter fingers.

In his defense though.. A lot of them are pretty nuts..***

Mar 6, 2017, 3:58 PM

GO TIGERS!!

Still Confused

Mar 6, 2017, 11:29 AM

I'm still a little confused. I know it's been discussed on tnet like a gazillion times but did someone post something to/on "his" twitter account. I can't begin to imagine the pressure he's gotten but it kinda comes with the territory these days.

But from what he posted, is he saying that NOW he hasn't decided on any school? Or is it still down to uscjr and us? Confused.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never understood why some fans try and help with...

Mar 6, 2017, 11:30 AM

recruiting. I would leave that to our coaches and other recruits we have committed. Fans that get in his ear or online only hurt our chances it seems.

So much this. Then they insult people who won't come here

Mar 6, 2017, 2:56 PM

It's idiotic. We have a bunch of people here who look at the statement Thomas is making and immediately count it against him, as if people he doesn't even know acting crazy towards him is his fault. It's embarrassing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So much this. Then they insult people who won't come here

Mar 6, 2017, 6:29 PM

Amen, it's astonishing what I see some people say.

It's his decision. Whats the big deal.***

Mar 6, 2017, 11:41 AM

Re: It's his decision. Whats the big deal.***

Mar 6, 2017, 6:31 PM

Agreed! 'Nuff said

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Nation's #1 prospect releases statement about his recruitment

Mar 6, 2017, 12:20 PM

He is giving USC one last chance at a "hail mary". Go Tigers!

If he is serious about the "Wait & See" Coot Season

Mar 6, 2017, 12:47 PM

Then he will be a Tiger.
Looking at their schedule, realistically they s\b 4 and 8, maybe 5 and 7 if they get lucky.
Or could easily be 3 and 9 too.
Their wins won't be quality either, so not even a bowl chance if they do squeeze out 5 and 7.

RA'd for misleading title

Mar 6, 2017, 2:31 PM

Trevor Lawrence is never even mentioned in this story....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

+1... Didn't read the posts... Just replied first...***

Mar 7, 2017, 2:43 PM

so espn says their #1 overall prospect is a 4-star?***

Mar 6, 2017, 2:34 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: so espn says their #1 overall prospect is a 4-star?***

Mar 6, 2017, 2:46 PM

Espn doesn't give out the 5th star til senior year starts unlike the other services.

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Nation's #1 prospect releases statement about his recruitment

Mar 6, 2017, 3:00 PM

He should just check out the picture. He looks really good in orange.

Mar 6, 2017, 3:14 PM

Xavier...please don't respond to the morons on twitter. You're better than that bro.

Mar 6, 2017, 3:14 PM

Good for him. Take your time and make the right decision for you XT. We would love to have ya but if being a TIGER for life is not the best choice then I wish you all the luck wherever you choose. That's what I would want for my son and I am sure it is what your parents want for you.

#ALLIN
#WE2DEEP

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll go ahead and translate this for him

Mar 6, 2017, 4:03 PM

"I'm basically just tired of the bullsh*t"

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: I'll go ahead and translate this for him

Mar 6, 2017, 8:20 PM

No dig on him but he's the one putting out tweets and pandering the media.

It's almost like a hot chick with a really nice rack wearing a very low cut blouse and showing off some serious cleavage, sans bra with her headlights on......

Oh. Right...as I was saying. Then the chick gets mad cuz a dude looked at her melons....glistening in the sunlight as she moves and they slowly move in unison with each other in a hypnotic, graceful fashion...

Anyway...my point is...don't fan the flames. Stay off twitter and social media. Don't feed the beast! Turn the headlights off! Put on a sweater! Wear a turtleneck!

Oh my! Shouldn't be that hard if it's down to those two schools!

Mar 6, 2017, 4:12 PM

Clemson national champs, USC barely bowl eligible. Clemson multiple first round draft picks, how many USC? Lol. Clemson new indoor football op center and indoor field. Graduation rate higher than any school in football. #1 fan base in america. #1 in ticket sales in ACC. Need I really go on? I could check these boxes all day for recruits. Haha

Naton's #1 prospect is already committed... Link:

Mar 7, 2017, 2:42 PM

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic