Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Latest on Zamir White (Chad Simmons - Rivals)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Latest on Zamir White (Chad Simmons - Rivals)

Feb 24, 2017, 7:40 AM

https://n.rivals.com/news/what-s-no-1-rb-zamir-white-thinking-right-now-

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Latest on Zamir White (Chad Simmons - Rivals)

Feb 24, 2017, 7:44 AM

I'm not sure which is worse - our likely losing out on this kid to UGA, or the writing/editing in that article. Hurt my brain to read!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely the writing.***

Feb 24, 2017, 9:36 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Feb 24, 2017, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Latest on Zamir White (Chad Simmons - Rivals) ]

> I'm not sure which is worse - our likely losing out
> on this kid to UGA, or the writing/editing in that
> article. Hurt my brain to read!

Can't lose what you never had.

Like y'all and Championships?***

Feb 24, 2017, 3:33 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like any significant post season win for UGA in 30 years

Feb 24, 2017, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Latest on Zamir White (Chad Simmons - Rivals) ]

If the kid wants to waste his life in the soup of mediocrity, that is his business. Sony Michel chose UGA over us as well, see how well that worked out for him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2017, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Latest on Zamir White (Chad Simmons - Rivals) ]

You mean like Georgia with the National Championship this past year?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2017, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Latest on Zamir White (Chad Simmons - Rivals) ]

If he wants to win national championships and it comes down to Clemson vs. Georgia the choice will be easy for him....Go Tigers!!!!

All I can say is Kirby Smart must be one heck of a salesman

Feb 24, 2017, 7:57 AM

after the product I saw UGA field last year. He better improve on the "on the field product" tremendously or he will not be able to maintain it and will be looking over his shoulder for a pink slip!! Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All I can say is Kirby Smart must be one heck of a salesman

Feb 24, 2017, 11:49 AM

as long as they held on to Richt with nothing to show for it except one BCS game and a couple of east championships, i dont think Kirby has much to worry about. it was the same talk in Georgia every year with Richt, how good the recruiting was and they never did anything. I really wish they would have kept him, it scares me that they have someone with a pulse down there coaching and recruiting now

Feb 24, 2017, 3:38 PM [ in reply to All I can say is Kirby Smart must be one heck of a salesman ]

> after the product I saw UGA field last year. He
> better improve on the "on the field product"
> tremendously or he will not be able to maintain it
> t and will be looking over his shoulder for a pink
> slip!! Go Tigers!

Which is exactly what he's done with these last two classes. Two more top 3 classes and we can hire a goat to coach em up.

So you mean CKS was hired just to recruit,and when he's done

Feb 24, 2017, 3:41 PM

you're gonna hire someone else?

Clemson

Pretty sure he's yours...

Feb 24, 2017, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Re: All I can say is Kirby Smart must be one heck of a salesman ]

We spent all our money on the new football ops center. When momma wants him close enough to see his games, drives right past us to get to you and won't give us a full visit, I smell SEC money.

Feb 27, 2017, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: All I can say is Kirby Smart must be one heck of a salesman ]

Kirby is not head coach material and ya'll will be ready to fire him within 3 years.....if not before.... Mark Richt could not make you happy but you really think Mr. Smart can.....LOL....Go Tigers!!!!

"UGA - doing LESS with MORE since 1892"...

Feb 25, 2017, 8:58 AM [ in reply to All I can say is Kirby Smart must be one heck of a salesman ]

They all wish that Mark Richt would come back...

LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2017, 8:26 AM

Absolutely gotta get momma on campus

None of the comments make sense

Feb 24, 2017, 9:33 AM

I see three circumstances in play from this article and none are good. While I would love to see White commit, I did not like what I read.

First his mother seems to factor way to much in a decision. He is going to have to make a choice for himself. He ultimately will have to disappoint some coaches and once he picks a school his coach will likely be "on his case."

He has great talent, but he sounds as if he is going to have to mature in this process. He like every player will have adjustments so we can only hope he lands where he will be happy.

Dabo would be a great mentor.

Go Tigers!

Feb 24, 2017, 10:18 PM

Sounds like Mama wants Georgia and HS coach wants Ohio St...who does Zamir want?

Feb 24, 2017, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Latest on Zamir White (Chad Simmons - Rivals) ]

It is Simmons he thinks everyone is going to UGA and if not he seems to always make it sound that way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Understatement of the year.....***

Feb 27, 2017, 8:24 PM

Feb 24, 2017, 9:37 AM

I'm afraid he's UGA bound...

Rumblings that he silent committed Wednesday night.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Feb 24, 2017, 10:05 AM

I know that if we do not get White that we have a good chance with big Dex's brother. I know he's not as good but I feel like he is a good back. What do some of you in the know think of him.

Message was edited by: speedracer®

Feb 24, 2017, 10:09 AM

He's a Lawrence...and if he's as anything as his big brother as far as personality wise...love him already.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Feb 24, 2017, 10:51 AM

Dexter brother isn't the RB ppl wanna claim he is. There is a reason why he's not atop our RB board.

He might not even be next on the board

Feb 24, 2017, 6:25 PM

But no one truly knows that because we're just fans

Feb 24, 2017, 11:38 AM

I would love to get him and hope we do. Dabo and the rest of the coaches hopefully will get momma on campus and do their thing. If so, we will stand a good chance. In the end either we will or we won't but one guy will not make or break Clemson. I expect the 18 class to be one of the best recruited either way.

Feb 24, 2017, 9:24 PM

Would love to have him, BUT the Tigs are just fine. WRU and QBU. Somehow a little ol pickup from Grayson's turned into a pretty d**n good back and we have a couple pretty good ones and will land a solid back if he does not commit.

Oh and can we get the dogs back on the schedule.

I watched the film on Zamir White and Travis Etienne

Feb 24, 2017, 10:49 PM

I think Travis Etienne looks incredibly fast and looks great on his film. I watched Zamir White and he looks more powerful but when they fully develop Travis may be the better Running back in my opinion.

http://www.tigernet.com/clemson-football/recruiting/player/Travis-Etienne-2591

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 25, 2017, 8:52 AM

"His mother is looking for a school where Zamir can get the best of college football and a place that is close where she can be part of it too," added Bailey. "The closeness plays it to it all I think because she wants Zamir to be where she can see him."

The distance (under five hours from White's home) is part of the reason Georgia may be in front for one of the premiere prospects in the country, but that is far from it. Georgia's Dell McGee, the running backs coach under Kirby Smart has worked hard to pull Georgia back to be a real competitor in this race.

Soooooo, isn't Clemson closer??

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2017, 9:06 AM

Yep, about 40 minutes closer. So that's a BS excuse.

Feb 25, 2017, 9:15 AM

I'm thinking the "$ec thing" about not needing to go to class and the bagman may be in play here. I'm not sure of course. He could be trolling every one, he will go where he wants, and no, not every player that turns us down is on someone else's payroll, but the Nkemdiche scandal says it happens more often than we know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2017, 11:16 AM

> I'm thinking the "$ec thing" about not needing to go
> to class and the bagman may be in play here. I'm not
> sure of course. He could be trolling every one, he
> will go where he wants, and no, not every player that
> turns us down is on someone else's payroll, but the
> Nkemdiche scandal says it happens more often than we
> know.

Not sure what you mean about not attending class and we're don't have to pay money under the table to attract recruits but for those that do you can be sure it's happening in very conference. Oh, and congrats on your recent natl title....Cu's first not followed by probation.

Feb 27, 2017, 11:21 AM

Why don't you come back when your little ankle biters are relevant outside of Athens. I'm still not sure who is more delusional, y'all or the coots.

Feb 27, 2017, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Latest on Zamir White (Chad Simmons - Rivals) ]

If the dawgs don't win the east next year the bandwagon will break down.

Bless your little jealous heart. Y'all can't even win a

Feb 27, 2017, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Latest on Zamir White (Chad Simmons - Rivals) ]

conference title much less a National Championship so understand your jealousy. Maybe some day y'all will have some relevancy in college football!

Feb 27, 2017, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Latest on Zamir White (Chad Simmons - Rivals) ]

Yea lets not get ahead of yourself buddy. Living in GA I've developed a few ties to the GA football program under the old regime. AJ Green, Gurley, and Stanford have come up a couple times in inadmissible benefits.

Feb 27, 2017, 9:48 PM

My belief is that they absolutely bought Zamir White's mom.

No proof. Haven't talked to anybody. But when the National Champ calls you don't drive past their campus without checking them out - and his mom did - to go an hour further to a lesser program unless something is shady in Denmark. The fact that she won't even take the staff's calls is another red-flag...sorry, if she won't listen, it strongly suggests she's been incentivised not to.

The big thing to consider with Kirby Smart - and concerning some of his recruits last year, I do have some pretty good info suggesting he's playing way dirtier pool than Mark Richt ever did - is that he's well aware Richt got canned winning 9-10 games a year and usually finishing runner-up in the East. But the Dawgs hired Smart to make Georgia another Alabama...and coming from Alabama, Smart is very well aware there's no higher strategies or mysterious Dark Art to anything Alabama did - Alabama wins by dominating the LOS and by having bigger, better players than anyone else. And Smart is well-aware he's fried if he does not deliver that.

He's got a multimillion dollar contract in his pocket, and he went just 8-5 (and looked awful at times doing it) last year. Does anybody think Smart is going to wait passively for the knife when it's abundantly plain what the expectations at UGA are? It's win huge or die for him there, and he knows it.

I do know the SEC is flat-out Wild West right now...and almost to a school - Vandy's probably the sole exception - they notoriously buy anything that's for sale. Ole Miss, I think, was the first thread the NCAA was hoping to unravel...and in the process, I think they intend to flip Ole Miss and break the rule of omerta - silence- that's been in place ever since Mark Slive enacted the so-called "Phil Fulmer rule" that almost got Alabama the death penalty back in 2001 over Albert Means. (Ironically he went to Trezevant High School, the same school that just allegedly falsified former Clemson RB commit Cordarrian Richardson's transcript, rendering him ineligible.) It was revealed then that Means' coach had essentially put him up for auction, which Alabama won (for at least $160,000 plus other considerations), but Fulmer was able to turn Alabama in because they finished second in that bidding. Slive put a stop to all that - after the Means fiasco, all member-institutions of the SEC were required to submit any findings of NCAA misdeeds to the SEC Compliance Office before sending them to the NCAA...which, IMHO, should have immediately resulted in the SEC being DQ'd from participating in any NCAA-sanctioned event. But the NCAA didn't have the cajones then to stand up to Slive and the SEC.

Whatever, if the NCAA breaks Ole Miss, they aren't likely to die alone. They're the first domino...and the chain reaction could easily ripple through the SEC. It's certainly time overdue, as far as everyone else is concerned. There's a lot of reasons everyone despises the SEC, and it wasn't just jealousy over all the shiny promotion they were getting from ESPN.

Also whatever, I suspect Zamir White's long gone. Be years before that gets back to UGA, if ever. Smart knows that, too.

Seems to me that an RB eying a pro career would fare

Feb 27, 2017, 5:46 PM

better in a more diverse offense, and fare even better with star QB's and WR's at his side. Of all the skill positions, this one takes the biggest beating, especially at the FBS college level and above. In high school there's just not enough overall power depth to inflict the kind of hurt over the course of a season as there exists at the next levels.

Seems like there's more knee and leg injuries here than anywhere, thus the more you carry a team's load toting the ball in the college ranks, the less you might have left in the tank once turning pro, or the more likely you might be to suffer injuries along the way.

I know it's a rough sport and anyone can get hurt on any given play, but I look at Lattimore at SCar and seemingly every UGA feature back the past five years, plus Scarborough in our game, 2015's stars Fournette and McCaffrey both out long stretches this past year, and I worry about RB's that have to be the dude in college and what it might mean for them once they have an opportunity to make bank on it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems to me that an RB eying a pro career would fare

Feb 27, 2017, 9:35 PM

That post made me think , did Wayne Gallman miss a single game due to injury ? I honestly can't think of one at all .
Anyone ?

DB23

Re: Seems to me that an RB eying a pro career would fare

Feb 27, 2017, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Seems to me that an RB eying a pro career would fare ]

I believe that RBs that are in a pro style system are more prone to injuries than backs in the spread.

Hey Superdawg....guess Zamir was impressed with your O

Feb 28, 2017, 12:10 AM

line blocking against Nichols State! Awesome for sure!

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic