Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has The ACC gotten better in 17, or has our program worse??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,254

Has The ACC gotten better in 17, or has our program worse??

Jan 22, 2017, 9:28 PM

With Blossomgame returning, I ever thought we'd have this bad of an ACC record right now. I get losing to some of these teams such as UNC, Louisville, and UVA, but seriously thought we could steal one from ND or the ladder... but losing to GT and Va Tech??? Should we even think positive about the second half of the season?? I guess it can't get much worse.
not going to stop the support, but clearly disappointed

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has The ACC gotten better in 17, or has our program worse??

Jan 22, 2017, 9:29 PM

Just think about next year when he's gone.

Jan 22, 2017, 9:29 PM

From what I've heard, our guys aren't even playing as a team...

Jan 22, 2017, 9:41 PM

Am I crazy for missing OP?? His teams competed and won, and we had some stud seasons... even though we never advanced in the Big Dance.

yes***

Jan 22, 2017, 9:41 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

13 Teams in the ACC have gotten better

Jan 22, 2017, 9:50 PM

NCSU and Clemson have not.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

ACC has gotten better across the board, we have better

Jan 22, 2017, 9:51 PM

players too, but they are not being used optimally. Remember, we were King of "boring ball", but with better players, we can afford to be more "loose" with the talent ... but my theory is that Coach "B" is not that good with that style of play. Probably would be better off going back to boring ball, Coach is more comfortable with that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A little bit of both.

Jan 22, 2017, 10:15 PM

The ACC was great last year, but is even better this year. It is a VERY tough conference, and every game is a tough one. There are no easy wins this year, and the separation between the top of the league and the bottom of the league is not that great.

I honestly don't think our team is that much worse than last year. The frustrating thing is the close losses. A few plays here and there going differently could have resulted in a vastly different record at this point. But players make plays, and coaches teach them and put them in position to make plays. Those things haven't happened well enough, and here we sit at 1-6.

I am extremely disappointed as well. Brownell has had incredible challenges at Clemson, including lack of administrative support as well as lack of fan support at times. But now we finally have good facilities, and even if we didn't, this is year seven under his watch and we haven't really improved much if at all. Barring a miracle run to end the season, it's time for a coaching change.

Because honestly, even if we are able to make the NCAAs this year, what is going to happen next year after losing Blossomgame, Djitte, and Holmes? Those are significant losses, and I would not expect to maintain our success next year. Sometimes you just need a fresh start, and I think we are at that point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mostly the ACC is better.

Jan 22, 2017, 10:58 PM

Overall, I don't think this team has really improved. Better offensively this year, but clearly took a step back defensively. Everyone around us got better and we didn't.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,254
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic