Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone hear Strelow on Plyler's show this morning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,750

Anyone hear Strelow on Plyler's show this morning

Jan 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Missed the recruiting portion of the interview. Curious what his thoughts were on missing out on Xavier McKinney and Richardson. Thanks in advance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well first

Jan 5, 2017, 1:06 PM

he said the writing was on the wall with Richardson when the academic scandal broke at his high school and as far as McKinney it was a miss. Everyone was surprised he picked Bama including him that he thought Dabo not doing the in home and Saban doing it gave Bama what it needed to pass Clemson....

I feel that if McKinney were really interested in Clemson,

Jan 5, 2017, 1:23 PM

He (1) would have still talked things over with Clemson before re-committing to Bama, and (2) certainly had to know that Dabo did not "blow off" the in-home visit...that he was saving it for a better time.

He apparently made the staff feel good about his commitment, so McKinney had to realize what the staff was thinking. Normal people know when they have implied a commitment...and when they commit to someone else, that they will take the other party by surprise. This is common sense.

This whole thing suggests that Clemson wasn't as important to him as the staff was led to believe.

That is the part that I don't like. Clemson was up front about their interest. Clemson backed off of other potential safeties (good ones) because of their tight numbers...because they obviously believed they had a very good chance with McKinney. If you are likely to commit to a different school, just be up front with the schools you are involved in. This cost us.

Again, no way McKinney didn't know Dabo would be coming for an in-home visit later. He absolutely knows how it works, and our staff, I'm sure, communicates well. So, Dabo's putting off the in-home visit until a later date - because he had confidence in McKinney's interest in Clemson (which had to come from McKinney's own mouth) - should never have pushed any recruit toward another school if the recruit were actually interested enough in Clemson to commit. The least the recruit should have done was to talk things over with Clemson, again, assuming he had a significant interest in Clemson. He had previously been committed to Bama. He had already heard their pitch. It isn't like they came swooping in last minute and blew him away.

Re: McKinney, one thought comes to mind....

Jan 5, 2017, 1:34 PM

"Bagman".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks. Any news on a replacement at safety?***

Jan 5, 2017, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Well first ]

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,750
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic