Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Marcellus Wiley
Other Sports Boards - The Pro Zone
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Marcellus Wiley

Sep 9, 2016, 4:19 PM

Was speaking on Cam Newton taking cheap shots last night and not getting the calls from the refs.... He mentioned a few examples of WHY Cam wasn't getting calls. Saying he's big so the refs give him slack, he's mobile and usually runs out the pocket so the refs have a hard time calling it, which I agree with... Now the whole time in my head I was thinking please don't bring up race, and guess what he did?? Brought up race... He said Cam wasn't getting the calls because "he's black"... Now I'm not numb to all the things going on in this world, I understand the injustice that's going on... I support the movement(s) and I appreciate Colin Kaepernick for standing up for speaking up... But I just don't agree with Wiley bringing up race in this situation. It literally has nothing to do with race and I didn't understand why everything warrants the race card now.

Like I said. I understand everything that's going on, I'm not blind to any of it.... I'm also African American but a realist at the same time. Marcellus you are the Donkey of the day for that statement. I don't agree with it...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dear...

Sep 9, 2016, 4:21 PM

@B-Meist, it's as if this was made to order for me to give to you.

;)

Enjoy your weekend, I know I'll enjoy mine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not race, it's size. When Big Ben was mobile like Cam

Sep 9, 2016, 4:23 PM

is years ago, he got the crap knocked out of him and seldom got calls. And I'm a Ravens fan saying that. Those guys are bigger than some of the linemen trying to tackle them so they aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt on vicious hits.

Re: It's not race, it's size. When Big Ben was mobile like Cam

Sep 9, 2016, 4:25 PM

You're right... It's not about race at all.... I couldn't believe he brought it up in this situation lol.

I do remember Ben getting the same treatment early in his career, Vick too.

Re: Marcellus Wiley

Sep 9, 2016, 4:25 PM

Exactly what "injustice" is going on?

More whites are killed by police officers than minorities and most of the time they aren't charged....

I'm not saying you or Kaepernick are wrong but can you pinpoint exactly what you are referring to?

On a percentage basis your statement is not correct.

Sep 9, 2016, 4:27 PM

nm

Sep 9, 2016, 4:26 PM

Maybe he'll trade in the chewing gum for a proper mouth guard from now on?

Sep 9, 2016, 4:33 PM

What they all have avoided saying was that Scam was mouthy the first 3 quarters. I saw him intentionally push a player after the whistle and no call. I think the refs got tired of him mouthing off to everybody like he was a protected person. Race baiters will do what they do best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Other Sports Boards - The Pro Zone
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next