Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hate to do it - but FGF link - deer mercy.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 4,247

I hate to do it - but FGF link - deer mercy.

Jul 29, 2016, 5:11 PM

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/spurrier-named-ambassador-and-consultant-to-florida-athletics.182905/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"he always said he was going to retire in FL"

Jul 29, 2016, 5:20 PM

Yeah, he's "retiring."

"Kinda like when your girl dumps you, and then you find out she's with another guy"

Like he was ever yours to begin with.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: "he always said he was going to retire in FL"

Jul 29, 2016, 6:52 PM

South Carolina was spurrier's rebound relationship after the Redskins dumped him. Now he's back with his first

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most coots don't know that he deliberately destroyed their..

Jul 29, 2016, 5:23 PM

football program. He knew exactly when he'd leave and plan their destruction very well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate to do it - but FGF link - deer mercy.

Jul 29, 2016, 5:25 PM

As one fan puts it, no worries, Muscoot
" will be their Vince Dooley. "
Sad, sad, sad

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hiring Spurrier was like buying a 10 year old Mercedes ...

Jul 29, 2016, 5:50 PM

... just to be able to be seen driving a Mercedes for a while.

Sure you got a few great years out of it and you looked relatively cool while you were at the wheel.

But, in reality someone who could afford to buy it new, had already driven all the best miles out of it and just when you were beginning to enjoy being a Mercedes owner, the old car quit on you, and the fun was over.

Tsk ...

He!! of an analogy! +1***

Jul 30, 2016, 7:46 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and still making payments for it.***

Jul 30, 2016, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Hiring Spurrier was like buying a 10 year old Mercedes ... ]

Love this quote "At least we have coach boom. We are moving

Jul 29, 2016, 6:38 PM

in the right direction. F Florida man!"
So one of the greatest coaches ever coaches your team and leaves in embarrassment but "Coach Boom" is going to get you going in the right direction? For that matter you've had two hall of fame coaches with National Championship rings come through there and leave embarrassed and shaken. But Boom is going to take in the right direction, no worries.
Thank you for being the cousin Eddie of football USuC.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Love this quote "At least we have coach boom. We are moving

Jul 29, 2016, 6:48 PM

They had a nice classic Mercedes. It finally quit running, but it was worth it to pimp that machine for a bit. Those were good times for them.

Then they turned around and bought a sputtering Yugo with a salvage title for 30 grand.

I don't know if that's nuts or some kind of performance art they're doing.

Didn't muscoot....come from Florida also?

Jul 30, 2016, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Love this quote "At least we have coach boom. We are moving ]

After a short demotion at Auburn

Clemson

Mmmm ... chicken tears are delicious!!***

Jul 30, 2016, 2:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Ole' SportsSuites !

Jul 30, 2016, 7:52 AM

" He completely changed football here at the University of South Carolina. "

He sure did nimrod , he built you up just to break you ...and he continues to do so ...now from a better vantage point.
These poor b#stards are just deficient in about every notch on the reality meter .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

They've had a few great coaches,

Jul 30, 2016, 8:18 AM

or at least a few "coaching greats" as coaches. They just haven't had any who earned their greatness while in Columbia. Holtz identifies with ND, Dietzel with LSU, Maguire with UNC, etc.

To me it's yet another distinction between the two programs. Big money schools can buy coaches, but they can't buy greatness. You gotta build your own greatness. BYOG!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Re: I hate to do it - but FGF link - deer mercy.

Jul 30, 2016, 12:05 PM

Usually, I ignore FGF, good for a laugh, but this:

"NAH, man! Don't feel like 'that'.
You 'ought feel like TED TURNER after breaking up with Jane Fonda!
"While you had her" she was the BEST $#%^$ (* #ss on EARTH!!! ... and she was YOURS!!!
But she got old.
Hey, fella! YOU'RE STILL TED TURNER!!! AND YOU'RE STILL RICH!!!
Be HAPPY for 'em ... let 'em enjoy every one of the properties, be MAGNANIMOUS!!! You wanna' visit "Ted's Montana" for a buffalo burger? NO CHARGE!!! I'll get the tip, too!!! Wanna' walk the beach on a private SC island? TAKE THE SEA PLANE!!!
Move on!!! Relax ... hey, fella' - YOU are TED TURNER!!!
You see that 20-something over there with the PERKY a'hems ... she's looking at YOU!!!
GO '#####!!!"

Yea, he's still Ted Turner.
And you are still the Coots. SMH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Replies: 14
| visibility 4,247
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic