Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TWO ACC Teams AND ND in the CFP?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TWO ACC Teams AND ND in the CFP?

Jul 28, 2016, 7:46 AM

... however, WHAT IF FSU is a one loss team AND their only loss was to THE NUMBER ONE TEAM IN THE COUNTRY (on 29 October)?

Then to REALLY 'stack the deck' and say FSU's four other (preseason) top 20 opponents stay in the top twenty, AND FSU takes care of the Florida Gators - who MAY just make it to another SEC Championship...

And while I am not prepared to consider ND an 'ACC' team yet, if THEY run the table and go undefeated (meaning wins against Texas, Mich St, Miami, Stanford and THE USC....)...

THEN who makes the CFP?!

(To take an alternate approach, sounds like maybe a case for an eight team CFP to me....).

What say you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Just my opinion,

Jul 28, 2016, 8:09 AM

in order to have a team that didn't play in their conference championship,we need a couple of 2 loss conference champions. Maybe a 2 loss PAC 12 Champion,along with a one loss BIG 12 Champ that doesn't play a championship game yet. It could be done, but certain scenarios need to happen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A 12-0 would be ranked top 4 and would be in.

Jul 28, 2016, 8:50 AM

Period.. no doubt.

So clemson undefeated and ND undefeated...both are in..no matter what hands down...no debate.

Then fsu would compete with the b1g , big12, pac12, and sec champs for 1 of the remaining 2 spots.

The scary scenerieo is
Undefeated pac12, sec, b1g, acc champ and undefeated note damne.

Undefeated big 12 is first out if every one is undefeated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: A 12-0 would be ranked top 4 and would be in.

Jul 28, 2016, 11:35 AM

Oh yeah, 'my' scenario would need help! and I did make an assumption that the USC and Stanford losses to ND would eliminate undefeated PAC12 - but that's not necessarily so...

... well, just as I want to see an undefeated Clemson win the CFP, I would also like to see the ACC FIRST with two CFP teams.

And tho' I do NOT like ND, I guess I 'was' considering them pseudo ACC and ALMOST a 'third' ACC CFP team... in ONE CFP 'year'.

Bottom Line: SPOT THE BALL so we can think/talk/concentrate on Clemson PLAYING football!

haha!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Problem is the media pressure

Jul 28, 2016, 12:20 PM

Undefeated sec ..in. you know that is a given.

Undefeated pac12...the entire west coast will riot if an undefeated pac12 team is out just because ND beat usc and stanford.

50 million Yankees will go on strike if an undefeated b1g team is left out.

That leaves undefeated acc, big12, and nd.

Acc has a champ .. thats a plus

Big12 has 50 million steers, queers, and hillbillies that will cut off oil supply and burn couches if left out.

ND is ND. I don't know why the ncaa is afraid of a bunch of fake Irish catholic posers, but they are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Problem is the media pressure

Jul 28, 2016, 10:56 PM

I can see the SEC being left out. Like, if Alabama had 3 losses, an overtime win against NC A&T and a tie (therefore impossible) it could happen. It is known.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How could Clemson and ND BOTH be undefeated if we

Jul 28, 2016, 12:11 PM

wind up playing them in the ACC Championship Gane?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

no one has yet to answer this question, boob***

Jul 28, 2016, 12:12 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How could Clemson and ND BOTH be undefeated if we

Jul 28, 2016, 3:22 PM [ in reply to How could Clemson and ND BOTH be undefeated if we ]

I believe the OP is talking about the here and now.
If ND joins the ACC obviously that would change things...in many ways

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Why not THREE ACC Teams and ND in the CFP???

Jul 28, 2016, 12:15 PM

They could all be from the Atlantic too!

Since we're talking about things that are impossible/will never happen.

Re: TWO ACC Teams AND ND in the CFP?

Jul 28, 2016, 12:27 PM

Personally, I wouldn't be prepared to call ND an ACC team in football ever....until they actually are. Till then, the whole world knows that are independent in football, even if they are ACC in everything else. ;)

Jul 28, 2016, 1:18 PM

I think you are dreaming. As long as it's only a 4-team playoff, and barring the near impossible situation of every other Power 5 conference winner having 2 or more losses, there will NEVER be ANY conference with more than ONE team in the playoff.

Oh i bet there will. We had 2 teams from the same conference

Jul 28, 2016, 1:43 PM

in the two team playoff so why wouldn't it be possible in a playoff with twice as many teams? Granted there was a computer model involved in 2011 rather than a selection committee, but i can definitely see some scenarios where it could happen again.

Seriously doubt it. There's already 4 spots for 5

Jul 28, 2016, 1:41 PM

conferences as it is. At least one major conference champion is always going to get left at home. Last year it was Stanford and the year before that it was Baylor/TCU. There's already a lot of groaning and politicking over that. Less last year since Stanford had 2 losses, but i did still hear quite a few making a case for Stanford, and of course there was a ton of flak about the Big XII getting screwed in 2014.

Now we are talking about leaving out not 1, not even 2, but THREE major conference champions. I think if ND is truly deserving there's a good chance they would get in. I even think there's a chance that a conference can get 2 teams in if everything plays out accordingly. But both of those in the same year? I would be absolutely stunned.

I think FSU would also have a better case if they lost AT Clemson and not at home to Clemson.

Jul 28, 2016, 3:30 PM

That'll never happen....just won't....FSU and CU could play and beat every SEC team....and espn and the media would still be ssaying the SEC is the best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jul 29, 2016, 8:49 AM

Not gonna happen. The pollsters would say that the one loss team in the ACC had their chance already. The only one who could lobby and get their team in after a loss like that is Saban, who already did it once.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2016, 9:05 AM

I could see this scenario playing out. Clemson and FSU garner huge national respect, and both have 2 quality OOC games against SEC this year. Undefeated ND also gets in, so I think this scenario is realistic.

Jul 29, 2016, 3:27 PM

Only team FSU plays after the loss to us that would gain them any rebound respect would be Florida, and Florida may not even be that good this year recordwise, if they don't find an offense. I have a hard time thinking FSU would climb back up to one of the top 4 spots that close to the end of the season. If our game with them was early in the year like it has been sometimes in the past, I could see it, but EVERY other domino would have to fall perfect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No and no.

Jul 29, 2016, 3:32 PM

Conference championships hold more weight than the ESPiN talking heads acknowledge.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic