Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Florida State tickets from stubhub
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,891

Florida State tickets from stubhub

Jul 27, 2016, 4:47 AM

I bought my FSU tickets on stubhub and they won't be available to print till Oct. 24. Does FSU do something different ticket wise that causes their tickets not to be available?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Florida State tickets from stubhub

Jul 27, 2016, 6:15 AM

I would guess it depends on how it's set up through stub hub. But I'm not 100% sure. The seller also may not have their tickets in hand yet. But I don't think the tickets you are buying are being sold by FSU. Probably a season ticket holder or a corporation that buys and sells on stub hub.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FWIW, I bought tickets to the ACC Football CG via

Jul 27, 2016, 6:22 AM

Ticketmaster and can't print them out until July 30.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jul 27, 2016, 7:04 AM

Part of me wants to say that's stubhub's way of allowing the seller to back out of a transaction if they think they can get a better price later on. Stubhub has a known bad reputation for letting that kind of thing happen, and the buyer has no recourse.

Not true

Jul 27, 2016, 9:12 AM

If the seller backs out, call stubhub and they will give you comparable or better seats. I talked to a guy at the MNC last year and he got 30 yard line seats because his stubhub seller backed out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's good to hear

Jul 27, 2016, 3:43 PM

It hasn't always been that way. There was a pretty damning story last year about some buyers who got screwed out of some good tickets to see Kobe's last game(s).

Jul 27, 2016, 7:33 AM

I buy and sell through Stub Hub when I need to. When a seller is listing his tickets and does not have them in hand yet(no one does for this fall), the prompt for the date is always 5 days before the game. If a season ticket holder is selling them, they will have their tickets in mid-August and they don't get paid until they upload the bar codes, so you'll probably have your tickets mid to late August. Stub Hub holds the money, so everyone is protected.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2016, 8:11 AM

But how does that explain the delay in ACC Championship tickets. Are they trying to interfere with resales outside of their site (where they can collect a fee).

Thank You for that information***

Jul 27, 2016, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida State tickets from stubhub ]

They do that for big games/events. It minimizes the chances

Jul 27, 2016, 9:36 AM

and time someone could sell the same ticket multiple times

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Could be an IPTAY member selling them.

Jul 27, 2016, 6:53 PM

We don't get away game tickets until a week or two before games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

ACC CG Tickets

Jul 27, 2016, 9:01 PM

I bought from Ticketmaster / Charlotte ticket office, the first day available and my memo says I can't print till DEC.1 -- heck the game is Dec.3 --anyone else ???

Re: ACC CG Tickets

Jul 28, 2016, 10:58 AM

October last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

same here***

Jul 28, 2016, 12:10 PM [ in reply to ACC CG Tickets ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,891
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic