Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for the computer App nerds.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Question for the computer App nerds.

Jun 26, 2016, 12:07 AM

How hard is it to build an App for a cell phone to help perform task while you are away from home. I have a great idea for an App to help perform when a family is away from home for more than a day or days. My wife and I have had to turn down many invitations away from home for several days bc there isn't an App for what we would need for the App to help us perform while we were away. And there isn't App for this usage as of yet, but as soon as it is, it will be worth millions... T-Mail if interested.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, still no apps that can help you perform with your wife.

Jun 26, 2016, 12:19 AM

Home or away.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They don't have a "Constant Vibrate" phone app yet?

Jun 26, 2016, 7:36 AM

Ya learn something new every day!

~JKB

Re: Question for the computer App nerds.

Jun 26, 2016, 3:26 AM

There are apps for several things you can control in your home out there now. Stuff like temp control, lights on/off, and garage door control. These apps are from the provider. There may be a way, put I can't see it, unless you could put a device on whatever it is you want to do ----out of luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

What exactly are you wanting to do?

Jun 26, 2016, 7:25 AM

There are automation companies (Crestron, Savant, Control4, etc) that already have Apps you can use to control just about anything in your house from your device. Lights, security system, TVs, distributed audio, garage doors, HVAC, door locks, etc. can all be controlled from your phone while you are away.

Or are you envisioning an app that's a property manager and could arrange people to come by to cut the grass, clean house, feed the animals, or whatever when you are away? That might be something worth developing, but i'm sure it's already been done.

Jun 26, 2016, 10:25 AM

Just take the dawgs with you or board them. Problem solved and no App needed to feed and water them or to take them out for walks to keep them from pooping/peeing everywhere and on everything. Or just get rid of the dawgs.

Sorry - but I have no ideas on how to help with your wife.

I'm sure you can find someone to ride your bike while you're gone. You know - just to keep it running better. Not volunteering though 'cause I ride faster than cruisers can go. :) JK.

Jun 26, 2016, 10:27 AM

Start with "Google Nest". Just Google it. :)

I have one question.

Jun 26, 2016, 10:33 AM

What in the H are you talking about?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 26, 2016, 10:36 AM

yes

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2016, 10:36 AM

Be careful what you ask for though. I had an idea for an App once. I needed a mirror handy, so I thought having an App for a mirror would be a great idea. My daughter quickly told me that you simply use the camera and reverse the direction. Dadgum little whippersnapper. How do they know all this stuff?

The App I developed to do things while I was away turned on me. While I was away, it changed the locks, changed the security codes, turned on all the lights and water, lit the fireplace, ran the AC upstairs and the furnace downstairs, and played incredibly loud music such that the cops were waiting for me when I returned home 'cause the neighbors thought I was dying or something. I had to break in, and then the App called ADT and reported a fire and burglary and 911 emergency. Then the dang thing shocked me when I tried to turn off the App. So just be careful what you design.

JK about the App - I couldn't design one if my life depended on it. But - it is what I imagine would happen if I was successful at that.

That would make a good episode for a the Twight Zone.

Jun 26, 2016, 12:04 PM

You'd have to die in the end though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure some sophisticated home defense system...

Jun 26, 2016, 12:02 PM

already do about anything you'd need to do. I don't know if they can feed and walk the dog yet but that's probably just around the corner.

I bet there are people who would pay for a system to listen while the M-N-L talks or walk the dog.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me guess

Jun 26, 2016, 12:17 PM

You can't afford to pay a developer right now but you will cut them in with future equity?

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic