Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can any of Brownlee's transfers do this?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Can any of Brownlee's transfers do this?

Jun 25, 2016, 10:22 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-t8xPDelZDU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NNro1nBgT3U

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3uzT42MTZbA

Let the kid play basketball for a year or more if he can keep his grades up. He clearly has enough talent to contribute. Very arrogant move by the Brownlee, if he ends up going to Tenn b/c he can play basketball I will be pissed. It is not like he is taking the spot of a potential 5 star that wants to play Clemson BB. He became a must get once we backed off Robinson. The last video is an around the back, pull up on a dime then hit the game winning 3, plus he can throw down some dunks. You can't tell me BB can't use that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can any of Brownlee's transfers do this?

Jun 25, 2016, 11:26 AM

Nuk tried but could not do it, but whatever it takes to
to get this kid here do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2016, 11:40 AM

Brownlee?? Put the pipe down buddy.

Jun 25, 2016, 12:04 PM

Some posters don't when to keep their negativity off a site. If someone complained about them purposely using the wrong surname they would be ticked off, but let them hide online and it suddenly becomes OK?

Does this particular poster even know if Dabo and Brownell discussed possibilities? I seriously doubt it! Does he/she have a clue about what Brownell and staff see in this recruit? Do they realize other recruits, parents and our staff likely read their garage comments. Either put up with direct sources or shut up.

Go Tigers!

Jun 25, 2016, 1:05 PM

Sorry for believing this kid has the ability to do both. There was this guy named Jameis Winston who played 2 sports recently and was the #1 pick in the draft. His bank account and stats are looking pretty good despite doing everything he could to make his stock fall during his last season. Nuk is what 6,2? He runs a 4.55? He is a top 3 WR in the NFL but he is not the the pure athlete Higgins is and could never run the break or throw down like Higgins. Nuk is the man, he just gets it done with his brain and instincts more than pure athletic ability. Some posters on this board are so negative, let the kid have a dream before you decide to shatter it on Tigernet. Try doing some research too, kid can ball but you have not bothered to look at the tape. Just, well it didn't work for Nuk so it can't ever work for anyone else. Seems logical, more like coot logic. If you don't want this kid to come to Clemson to root for the vols, I'll spell the coachs name right when he can get us into the NIT consistently.

I mean what am I thinking

Jun 25, 2016, 1:16 PM

A two sport star in Clemson with the potential to be a top 10 draft pick. Kid has stated he has the desire and work ethic to do both. He could be the household name needed to sell tickets in the newly renovated little John. Who would want that at their University? Personally I don't think Brad will even consider it regardless of if Dabo requests it or not. I'll say it to his face, win some games for cashing all those checks.

Just stop***

Jun 25, 2016, 1:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I mean what am I thinking

Jun 25, 2016, 1:38 PM [ in reply to I mean what am I thinking ]

Of course Brad would love to have a guy that can help in practice and not count against his 13 scholarships. Just wait and see how Dabo handles that part of his recruitment. It's up to Dabo whether he wants him playing basketball. Brad has nothing to do with this.

^^^ This ^^^***

Jun 25, 2016, 1:54 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^ This ^^^***

Jun 25, 2016, 2:20 PM

Don't think Brad has anything to do with his team. That's a bigger slap than spelling his name wrong. Maybe he was asked not to but it has not been reported. I think it would help if we make the kid feel wanted for all his athletic abilities. If he plays b-ball we might be able to land a kid out of HS or do we only take transfers now. Heaven forbid we ever get another playmaker/scorer on the court. I just need to stop with this irrational thinking. He won a player of the year award for basketball, we are not talking garbage minutes.

I don't think anyone has a problem w/ Higgins playing both

Jun 25, 2016, 8:57 PM

as long as Dabo is okay with it.

As has been pointed out, having Higgins try out for the basketball team while he's on football scholarship costs Brad and the hoops program nothing.

But all that said, it's a huge leap to jump to the conclusion that Brad Brownnell has given Higgins the cold shoulder ... or ... that Dabo has blessed taking a star football recruit and letting him spend a bunch of his time with basketball.

Maybe Dabo has said no and Brad has nothing to do with it at all.

And also as others have pointed out, while Tee Higgins is a 5* football recruit, he is not actually being recruited by any large programs based on his basketball prowess alone. He's a great HS football player who happens to be a good HS basketball player.

To assume that because he's done a few athletic things on the court at the high school level that he's someone who can help Clemson to move move up in the ACC basketball hierarchy is a bit of a stretch.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2016, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I mean what am I thinking ]

Ok

Jun 26, 2016, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I mean what am I thinking ]

Who knows the actual situation? Certainly not the OP. Thinking Dabo has a plan so why not stop the second guessing and try a little patience?

Jun 25, 2016, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Can any of Brownlee's transfers do this? ]

Boarding Tiger, nobody is disagreeing with your desire to get Higgins. It is your attitude online which quite frankly turns posters/fans off in a big manner. Quit showing CBB and his staff such disrespect and your comments just might be seen and or heard in a different light. I and other posters did not need the rundown on Higgins just so you could make a point. Give us some respect as well for perhaps understanding what you want. Have a nice weekend!

Go Tigers!

I guess you think it's cute to call him by the wrong name

Jun 25, 2016, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Can any of Brownlee's transfers do this? ]

All it shows me is, you are being silly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can any of Brownlee's transfers do this?***

Jun 25, 2016, 1:13 PM

I don't think it's a matter of Brownell not wanting the kid.

Jun 25, 2016, 1:21 PM

It's a matter of Dabo & Co. not wanting him to divide his attention btw football and basketball. Remember when Nuk played both? He was an average wideout and a below average basketball player who only saw garbage minutes.

He did not participate in football offseason workouts and drills to play basketball. Once he quit basketball, his football skills improved dramatically and he became the beast that he is today.

Nuk struggles for the first five or six weeks of his...

Jun 25, 2016, 2:24 PM

freshman season. Part of it was certainly technique but some of it was not building his teammate's confidence in him by not spending more workout time with them and not having a function understand of the playbook.

It was pretty clear that Nuk had the best hands on the team after three games but you have to put them in the right place to complete a pass.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These kids want to be treated like grown men they...

Jun 25, 2016, 2:17 PM

need to make a grown man's decision and pick a sport. There are very few that can play two professional sports and maximize their contribution to each. Kids workout year around in their sport now. Picking a career is something we all had to do before or soon after enrolling in college.

WR's and OB work together and other positions work with each other. Our playbook is not the simplest and our focus on position work happens year round.

You think UcheaT won't lie to the kid and tell him want he wants to hear until they get him in class then drop the news that he's not playing two sports? We don't do that at Clemson. Nobody lies to a recruit and everybody does their best to keep their commitment to the boys. I'd rather lose him than tell him a lie.

If he wants UcheaT then I wish him the best of luck and hope they don't jilt him.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2016, 3:05 PM

Dude, you just don't get it.

Probably all of them can dunk the ball.*****

Jun 25, 2016, 3:22 PM

Re: Probably all of them can dunk the ball.*****

Jun 25, 2016, 4:34 PM

It's college, he is not getting paid, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to play D1 Basketball. Let the kid have some fun. If he can't cut it then it will be a great learning lesson for him like it was for Nuk. If they don't let him then he will always wonder. It's amazing FSU went what, 26-1 with their star QB not working out with the receivers.I trust Dabo, not the basketball staff. Not making the NIT is embarrassing and should not be accepted at a University like Clemson. But here come the Brownell lovers acting like he is Coach K. No where to go but up.

I am all for himm playing...

Jun 25, 2016, 5:16 PM

I was just pointing out that all of the people we sign have ice highlights. Those highlights weren't that special. That said, I agree and I have no issue with him trying out hoops as well. Eventually he will be all football anyway.

Re: Probably all of them can dunk the ball.*****

Jun 26, 2016, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Probably all of them can dunk the ball.***** ]

For reference purposes, Eric MacLain dunked on me the summer before his RJunior year.

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on TigerNet.

Jun 25, 2016, 6:23 PM

And that is truly saying something!

Why should the basketball team take a player simply because the football team wants him?!?

Brownell's job isn't to take a player just because Dabo wants him. It doesn't work that way.

The simple fact that you think it should work that way is part of the reason why our basketball program's history is so bad. It shouldn't always be about football above all else. Let the basketball team get the players it thinks can best help them. Period.

Oh, and Tee Higgins isn't a highly rated basketball recruit. He isn't even listed on ESPN, Scout, or Rivals as a basketball recruit - just football. He obviously has some basketball skills, but a few nice highlights does not make him a legitimate high major basketball prospect.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Exactly

Jun 25, 2016, 7:03 PM

Moreover, there is nothing special about those highlights. They are kind of cool, but they don't show whether he is CC basketball material or a must get for the hoops program.

Nice ruling Judge!!

Jun 25, 2016, 8:20 PM [ in reply to This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on TigerNet. ]

It has been quite revealing as to how little people understand the non-easy road Brad has had with players. OP left the cupboard a little bare, missed on Milton, KJ left early, and numerous transfers of good depth players who thought they were All-NBA. He is just now getting caught up with the curve. He can't afford to take a guy just because he has a few highlights and seems to hold football hostage because he likes Bball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't want to, but can't let the blind lead...

Jun 30, 2022, 1:05 PM [ in reply to This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on TigerNet. ]

You boys are cute thinking you can scout basketball talent. Unfortunately for you gentlemen you just disrespected one of our star recruits at a sport he loves more than football. You really need to quit bad mouthing his game because recruits do read these sites. Stop name calling and show me some highlights of a 6'5 wing/guard combo we have committed that are just out of this world better. Not trying to be confrontational but you make our fan base look silly when you don't provide any facts and you just thumb up each other. Facts or a resume like "PrepXTRA boys player of the year and ClassAAA Player of the Year basketball finalist, scored 25 points hitting six 3 pointers, dunk makes ESPN top 10" By the way a lot of those highlights were from his FRESHMAN and sophomore year. If I am the idiot then why have both Auburn and Tennessee offered him a BASKETBALL scholarship? You do realize he committed to Tennessee after he got the BASKETBALL offer? What award does he need to win to impress you gurus? 6'5, fast, can jump, dribble, and shoot. What exactly are you gurus looking for in a recruit, another guy to run the pass the ball around the perimeter offense? I never said he was the next Lebron but we need all the help we can get especially after this upcoming season. You are right about one thing, this post was stupid because I did not realize our so called fan base would bash on Tee for wanting to play basketball after the years of hard work he put into the sport. The name calling just makes you seem childish and uninformed. Brad is a grown man making millions to go .500, I figure he can handle some jabbing, Tee is a recruit whose skills and love for basketball are something you want to throw to the curb because you think you know what is best for the young man. Also, one of the posters that is up my #### about misspelling Brownell has no idea that is the auto correct for an iPhone. Breathe it is going to be ok. Tee is still one of the best Basketball players in the state of Tennessee and there is nothing you can do about it. Nothing, it's over, he is really good, confirmed by many sources not named BB. Better luck next time, try doing some homework to save yourself some embarrassment. You can pretend you are not but we both know you are. So go ahead, continue on about how Tee is a garbage time player. That is really going to help our chances of landing him. If future recruits are offended by an additional player then step your game up and beat Tee out.

http://www.knoxnews.com/sports/high-school/tee-higgins-hopes-to-play-two-sports-in-college-after-breakout-junior-basketball-season-30a84a64-2d7-376292491.html?d=mobile

http://www.knoxnews.com/sports/vols/football/govols247--362618211.html?d=mobile

Long story short...

Jun 26, 2016, 11:29 AM

He isn't highly recruited for basketball. He is a good player, but he wouldn't be playing for Duke, UNC, Kentucky, and dozens more. That's all anyone is saying. On the surface e isn't a game changer for our hoops program. He is a good player, but we have other good players of similar caliber. Hopefully he comes to Clemson and plays both. He is going to be a great NFL WR one day if he stays healthy and focused. He is a game changer at WR though and of course everyone wants him.

This is hilarious!

Jun 26, 2016, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Didn't want to, but can't let the blind lead... ]

A few points you need to understand:

1. The only self-proclaimed basketball talent scout here is YOU. You are the one who evidently feels that you know more that our basketball coaching staff about who they should be recruiting. The rest of us are saying that these sorts of decisions should be left to Brownell and his staff. Who are you to think that you know better?!?

2. Nobody here is disrespecting Tee Huggins's basketball skills. Everyone here acknowledged that he seems like a good player. We also kindly pointed out the fact that he is not listed on any major recruiting sites as a basketball recruit (i.e., zero stars). The fact that he is a great athlete and outstanding football player does not automatically make him a great basketball player.

3. Nobody is "bashing" Tee for wanting to play basketball. If that is important to him, then that's great. His desire to play basketball should have ZERO bearing on whether Brad Brownell offers him a spot on the team though.

4. I don't think I know what is best for Tee Higgins, and never claimed to. But YOU did. You decided that he should be playing major college football and college basketball, with little to no regard for the fact that he is not a highly recruited basketball player. I personally care more about what is best for Clemson, and more specifically, Clemson's basketball program.

The truth of the matter is this: you wouldn't care about him playing basketball at Clemson if he weren't a five star football recruit. You want him SO badly at Clemson that you would be willing to let him play basketball, simply because you think our football team needs him that badly. You are willing to criticize our basketball coaching staff and many of our fans, simply because you are frustrated that everyone else doesn't see it the way you do. In your mind, if Tennessee and Auburn said he could play basketball, then Clemson should too. That line of thinking is pathetic. Who cares what Tennessee and Auburn do?!? They aren't our peers, nor should they be our role models.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Plus the obvious. Hoops practice begins in October

Jun 26, 2016, 5:07 PM

Football season doesn't end until January. Sure, Bruce Ellington could play both when they were horrible in basketball at SCU. Who else is doing it? By the time he's in basketball shape and understands the system the season will be over.

It's really a non-starter

so there's that***

Jun 26, 2016, 6:50 PM [ in reply to This is hilarious! ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You win the Dumbest Post of the Day Award***

Jun 25, 2016, 7:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic