Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Florida State vs Ole Miss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Florida State vs Ole Miss

May 4, 2016, 9:33 AM

Who thinks Ole Miss can win it? I know it will look bad on the ACC and make our game against FSU a little smaller nationally but I think Swag and Co get it done. I think they win the SEC. I know I'm in the minority here. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Florida State vs Ole Miss

May 4, 2016, 9:34 AM

I just think that at the QB position Ole Miss has an advantage.

That's why I lean Ole Miss as well.

May 4, 2016, 9:37 AM

I think overall FSU might have better talent, but not at QB. That's a tough call though.

Its going to be a great game. I give a slight to Ole Miss

May 4, 2016, 9:35 AM

because they have a very good kicker, and FSU just lost their All American and will be breaking in a new one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Its going to be a great game. I give a slight to Ole Miss

May 4, 2016, 11:30 AM

Ricky Aguayo, the little brother of their kicker that was drafted in the second round, will be a freshman at FSU this year.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Going to be a really great game.

May 4, 2016, 9:37 AM

That FSU offense is going to be scary good.

I've told numerous people. The Clemson Vs. FSU game in 2016 will be the best game in college football the entire year.

WHy do you think FSU's O woll be so good, aside from ..

May 4, 2016, 9:39 AM

Dalvin Cook? Who will be their QB.

Re: WHy do you think FSU's O woll be so good, aside from ..

May 4, 2016, 9:41 AM

Dalvin makes them good. They also have very good WRs. A lot of experience at WR. I'm not sure about their line. They looked horrible against Houston.

Their O was pretty weak last year. Maybe their OC sucks.**

May 4, 2016, 7:03 PM

nm

10 returning starters if you don't count the QB.

May 4, 2016, 9:42 AM [ in reply to WHy do you think FSU's O woll be so good, aside from .. ]

All they really need to do is have a "Trent Dilfer" to run that show.

Don't kid yourself, their offense will be one of the best in the country.

Re: 10 returning starters if you don't count the QB.

May 4, 2016, 10:02 AM

'Ditto' ClemsonMike830 on the FSU O. Ole Miss lost a good portion of their D to the NFL. I give the nod to the criminoles.

As for the SEC West (and SEC Champion), I think it's down to Bama and LSU. And LSU has them in Baton Rouge in '17.

I think there is an outside chance that FSU wins every game BUT the one against us AND gets into the CFP next year...

...absolutely NO love for the noles, but would LOVE to listen to the SEC (and ESecPN) #### and moan about the ACC being the first conference with two CFP teams!

A boy can dream!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

They had the 50th ranked O last year.**

May 4, 2016, 7:06 PM [ in reply to 10 returning starters if you don't count the QB. ]

nm

Re: WHy do you think FSU's O woll be so good, aside from ..

May 4, 2016, 9:47 AM [ in reply to WHy do you think FSU's O woll be so good, aside from .. ]

The Francois kid at QB who is a RS Freshman is supposed to be really good. He will beat out Sean Maquire for the starting role - whether in fall camp or several games into the season. Seems people are forgetting how well FSU recruits every year. They are stacked at most every position. Our game with them should be a great one - think we probably win but it's never easy in Tallahassee.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

I have no idea who will in our game, but...

May 4, 2016, 7:15 PM

I will believe FSU will have a great O when I see it. Their O was extremely average last year. It may be great, but who knows. If they beat us I believe it will be because of some weakness we have, turnovers, special teams, etc. They are usually pretty vanilla with play calling too. They could easily beat us, but I am calling they don't have a top 20 offense next year, considering they were closer to 50 last year. They are so stacked with talent that you never know what areas they will be great though.

All they did last year was hand off to Dalvin Cook

May 6, 2016, 7:28 PM

Who is the best RB in the country imo. Add a competent to good QB that can stretch the field with some 4 & 5* receivers and it will make Cook that much better. Will be a dogfight, but we win it in a close one.

Re: All they did last year was hand off to Dalvin Cook

May 6, 2016, 8:39 PM

You have your choice of Chubb, Fournette, Cook, McCaffery, you take Cook?

May 6, 2016, 9:47 PM

Cook was hampered by injury last year yet still produced. A lot of experts also agreed he was possibly the best back in the country last year, as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

May 6, 2016, 9:55 PM

I'd put him right there with Fournette and Chubb , he has better speed than both but lacks the size for some tastes .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 6, 2016, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: All they did last year was hand off to Dalvin Cook ]

Absolutely, Cook is the best NFL RB prospect by far. He has great speed, good weight, yet short enough to hide behind the O-Line.

Message was edited by: gville76®

May 4, 2016, 10:17 AM

I think FSU will beat Ole Miss anyway. I do think Swag is a great QB, but FSU has as much talent as anybody not named Clemson or AL. I don't like FSU at all, but they can play the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2016, 10:27 AM

Yes they have the talent and I will be pulling for them. We don't need them to win but it makes the conference look better.

May 5, 2016, 11:09 PM

They do get the hype, and when one of our conference brethren do well, it reflects on us. Not as positively as the negatives we get when one of our conference brethren fails, but it does matter. I want all of us to do well, so we don't just look like a 1 or 2 horse league (which the secheat really is, as well).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2016, 2:47 AM

We are a 2-horse league.

It's been Clemson or FSU ever since 2009 - seven years and counting.

Actually, ever since the ACC started a championship game, it's been somebody from the Atlantic. BC got it twice. Even Wake got it once. FSU's got 5 ACC titles, we have 3, in that span.

The Coastal division (combined!) = 0 titles.

Stuff changes, yeah, but the Coastal has been really, really bad for quite awhile now.

May 6, 2016, 4:45 AM

Guess you don't remember VT beating Boston College twice and GT beating us once in 2009 (it was vacated later). Either way, us and FSU have owned the league since then.

May 6, 2016, 4:48 AM

*And 2010 when VT beat FSU

May 6, 2016, 9:33 AM

Not really a discussion. Fsu beats ole miss, we beat fsu. Elementary, Watson .

May 4, 2016, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida State vs Ole Miss ]

I think top to bottom, and on the depth chart FSU is actually more talented than Clemson. Our starters are just as talented and our QB is obviously far better at this time...but the FSU roster is filled with 4 & 5 star recruits.

Ole Miss loses SO MANY STARTERS

May 4, 2016, 10:30 AM

On Offense:

2 WR (Treadwell and Core)
LT
LG
C
RT
RB

On Defense:
DE
DT
NT
MLB
Nickel
Rover
FS

Re: Ole Miss loses SO MANY STARTERS

May 4, 2016, 10:35 AM

Great point! I know they recruit well but FSU recruits better and has experience on offense.

I was shocked when I pulled up their depth chart

May 4, 2016, 10:52 AM

Even without the 2 Nkemdiche brothers listed they were losing a ton. Gonna be really hard to replace that much on the OL, especially since the starting RT was also listed as the backup LT.

FSU

May 4, 2016, 11:02 AM

too much talent on defense and ole miss cannot stop cook. that was easy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Hope FSU beats 'em like a rented mule.

May 4, 2016, 11:33 AM

Despise Old Sis, Swag Kelly, and the SEC SEC SEC.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Ole Miss can win, but do not think they will beat FSU

May 4, 2016, 12:35 PM

I hope FSU wins, always want the SEC to lose, ALWAYS!!! As long as the Tigers take care of business, that sets up the big showdown in Tally as a most likely top 5 matchup!! Rebels lost so much to the NFL and even though Kelly is capable of having a huge game, I think the Criminoles are just a little better... and they have the best RB in college football in Dalvin Cook, could be scary unless you have a stacked Dline like we do and even then its still scary lol.

Go Tigers!!

Re: Ole Miss can win, but do not think they will beat FSU

May 4, 2016, 12:50 PM

I don't think Ole Miss wins. Ole Miss looks like a Top-20, maybe a Top-15 team to me.

FSU looks like easily one of the 2-3 most-talented teams in the country, and if they can get by Clemson, are a National Title contender. Again. Truthfully I think it's a toss-up between Clemson and FSU as to who has the most-talented roster in football this year. The 'Noles look that loaded.

Deandre Francois is the real deal at QB for the 'Noles. He was lights-out in their Spring Game, and while he did throw a couple of youthful picks the guy is a slightly smaller, faster version of Deshaun Watson. The guy throws one of the prettiest balls you'll ever see and when he takes off he looks sub-4.4...we're talking, real fast WR speed. In a QB. Add in Dalvin Cook and all those returning starters...well. Does Francois start? Maybe, maybe not. But he'll factor.

In contrast Ole Miss had a really uneven talent roster that was headlined by those three 1st-rounders, guys who had been former #1's at their position coming out of high school - Tunsil at LT, Treadwell at WR, Nkimdiche at strongside end. (You know, the ones everybody thinks they bought.) The gap between those three and everybody else on the roster except maybe Chad Kelly - whom Freeze, obviously, got off our Remainded Seconds pile - was very notable. And Ole Miss simply can't run the ball; they lack quality in the OL, they lack even more at RB. If you're going to beat FSU, you must run the ball on them, up the gut...they're a little weak at DT, a little weaker at LB, but their pass rush and secondary are a lot better than Just Fine.

I think it's close and ugly mostly because 90% of the time Jimbo's offense just looks clunky as all get out, but on paper FSU has a significant talent edge. Chad Kelly's going to have to pull off some miracles, and he's going to have to do it with a lot less help around him than he's used to.

Re: Ole Miss can win, but do not think they will beat FSU

May 4, 2016, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Ole Miss can win, but do not think they will beat FSU ]

I'd take Wayne over Dalvin anyday of the week.

Dalvin is a special talent, but as they say Dance with the

May 4, 2016, 6:57 PM

one you brought, and I am glad we have the Wayne Train. He has loads of talent but has worked his butt off to become a great running back at Clemson! I never like playing the what-if game or if we had him, because it is not fair to anyone, but love Gallman and his willingness to dig deep when needed. With an offensive line that I feel will continue to improve, my hopes are that while everyone focuses on #4 as they should, Wayne will gobble up yards in a big way.

Go Tigers!!

May 4, 2016, 1:37 PM

Just throwing my .02 worth in, but I think FSU controls this game for the most part. Already noted is what Ol Mi$$ has lost. But looking beyond that, and FSU talent is that the one game against Alabama last year was a FLUKE. Looking past that what did Miss do? Lost to decent teams mostly. Florida, Memphis, Arky. Not impressed. Anyone that watched that game against Bama WITH all their Studs can testify, take out 4-5 horse shoe up Hugh Freeze backside plays, and Bama wins by 20. Just my opinion. Throw in the fact that forms one reason Saban actually made a coaching mistake with starting his back up qb, had several turnovers,etc PLUS those 3 major "What the heck" plays Miss made, and you have what the Ole Miss reputation was built on. A Fluke win. Leonard's loser: Ole Missus.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2016, 2:08 PM

Very true about the Bama game. I watched it all and boy luck was on Ole Miss side that night. Bama still about came back and got em.

No one has mentioned the salary cap. Ole ####

May 4, 2016, 1:41 PM

is up against it, and is rumored to have to pay a luxury tax to E$ECPN because of it.

May 4, 2016, 1:57 PM

I do not think Ole Miss beats FSU. FSU's defense will be absolutely loaded, and I believe their offense will be better than the Ole Miss defense.

I believe the FSU d-line will be on Kelly all night, which will force him to throw the ball up off of his back foot like he tends to do.

Derwin James may be the best safety in college football when it's all said and done next year, and I believe the Seminole will be too much to handle for Swag and company.

May 4, 2016, 2:07 PM

This is true but if Sean starts for FSU I'm taking the rebels.

May 5, 2016, 12:06 PM

I think if Sean starts again for them this year it says alot about their lack of recruiting the QB posituon.

The kid is tough, but there is no way that should be who you have to put at QB considering the talent around him

FSU will stomp a mudhole in Ole ####. The the NCAA is

May 4, 2016, 3:51 PM

coming in to stomp another mudhole in them. As a Miss St fan taught me to say...go to hell ole miss!

Neutral site in Orlando but close to FSU home game.

May 4, 2016, 7:01 PM

I'll say 31-20 FSU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic