Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Final UNC scandal comment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,984

Final UNC scandal comment

May 5, 2016, 11:58 AM

After the NCAA glossover of it and basically their nonpunishment I think the ACC Presidents need to answer why the possible architect and certanly chief enabler continues to be allowed to remain as ACC commish. If they have not done or dont do something to remove him they are as worthless as the NCAA.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Final UNC scandal comment

May 5, 2016, 12:24 PM

I agree with you ., visit the fire swofford facebook page .,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can hope in 1 hand and poop I the other and

May 5, 2016, 12:53 PM

No one will care.

BananasI a street sign is serious business that demands resolution.

Academic fraud ain't nothing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I guess you didn't realize the NCAA sent UNC

May 5, 2016, 1:33 PM

a strongly worded email.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: I guess you didn't realize the NCAA sent UNC

May 5, 2016, 1:47 PM

The SACS agency needs to send a clear powerful message, i.e. get caught cheating academically to this extent and expect to be shut down for an extended timeframe! UNCheat must be punished with a severe outcome. While the State of Notth Carolina would be shocked, as a college instructor I firmly believe the accrediting body has no other choice but to enforce an academic sentence which makes UNC either shut down under a death penalty or do the same for basketball and football for the remainder of this decade. Close their programs for at least four years and no less!

Doing anything less is virtually pointless!

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess you didn't realize the NCAA sent UNC

May 5, 2016, 4:01 PM

I agree that this is so egregious that something needs to be done. However, when the various rules were drafted and adopted I doubt that anyone anticipated such large scale academic fraud. Therefore there is probably not a clear and decisive way to respond. I cant remember for sure but I believe there are a series of actions outlined and must be followed in sequence. So SACS cannot jump directly to suspension of accreditation. The effect of such suspension is the loss of federal funding and that certainly would send a clear message. I believe that the state has the most direct ability to act and that there is zero chance of that happening. It IS the Carolina Way you know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will be interesting to see how the next "ACC

May 5, 2016, 1:39 PM

transgression" is handled by the commissioner.

Hide your girdles boys.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time to move on folks

May 5, 2016, 1:45 PM

When Clemson decided to stay in the ACC in the 80s and then again a few years ago, it made a choice to live with this crap. For whatever reason, Swofford has kept his job and there has been nothing I have seen to give me hope that he'll get canned. We will never see a school get done like Clemson got done in the 80s in any power conference from here on. We can rant and rail all we want but it isn't going to change anything unfortunately.
I do believe in karma, though, and UNC will get theirs the way Tennessee has after "surviving" their scandal back in the Fulmer days. I never thought I'd see Tennessee be as pathetic as they have been in the last ten years.

Do prostitutes or bogus classes do a player more harm?***

May 5, 2016, 2:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2016, 4:03 PM

U have it completely right! They are as worthless as the NCAA!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

told you nothing would

May 5, 2016, 6:12 PM

Happen to them

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Paid $30 million in lawyers/PR fees and the charges dropped!

May 6, 2016, 9:04 AM

This is a huge load of BS, but the truth is out at least.

I do wonder though what people like Oliver Purnell or other coaches that competed w UNC at the height of the cheating and didn't make it out on the other side are saying to themselves. Could have changed the entire projection of their careers.

May 6, 2016, 9:31 AM

John Swofford and Donald Trump shipped off to a deserted island would get my vote!

:)

I think your disparagement of the NCAA and Swoffie are fine.

May 6, 2016, 11:07 AM

but really it's your own Board of Trustees that have time and again over the years

cow-towed to the arrogant and greedy whims of Tobacco Road.

if you're not happy kissing baby- and puke-blue butts all the time then

Clemson and FSU should have gone to the Big XII when they had the chance,

and you should have been out front screaming like a banshee to make it happen.

Clemson fans are all - virtually everyone of them - guilty more of beatching about and poor-mouthing

our own - Terry Don, Barker, Dabo in 2010, Brownell, even Jack -

than actually dealing with the problems that Clemson faces in the

ACC, the liberal media, and general society.

Of course to hear Tigerking and Viztiz tell it,

the very thing that sets us apart and has made the football program so successful recently -

its commitment to typically conservative, family, and broad "faith-based" values -

is the thing that we should be tearing down.

But give Swoffie enough time and he'll figure out how to make it happen.

He'll not rest until UNCheat owns ACC football in virtually the same position they run ACC Basketball.

And he sees Fedora as just the guy to put us in our rightful place.....

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,984
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic