Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Talkin' Tiger Baseball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Talkin' Tiger Baseball

Feb 11, 2016, 7:34 AM

So do we expect to be a solid tournament team , maybe a host team or should we temper those expectations down to lucky to get a 4th seed in Evansville ?
Seems to me on the surface at least that our pitching will be the biggest key , especially early in the ACC portion of the season .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Talkin' Tiger Baseball

Feb 11, 2016, 7:39 AM

Do we have an ace starter ? Clate , is he our go to guy this year ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 11, 2016, 7:43 AM

Don't believe we have the pitching depth or experience, but we shall see if the new staff can pull a rabbit out of a hat.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2016, 7:45 AM

i am hearing that coach see is very impressive. he will earn his money this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2016, 7:47 AM

Im excited to see what coach Lee can do . I know that the ACC Media doesn't think a whole lot about our chances ...even in the Atlantic , but we will see soon enough what we have .

DB23

#2 Seed in a regional somewhere...

Feb 11, 2016, 7:48 AM

I think those are reasonable expectations.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of 2008
Go Tigers!

Re: #2 Seed in a regional somewhere...

Feb 11, 2016, 7:52 AM

That sounds great , but from the few things I've read there are folks around that look past Clemson even making the national tourney .

This is going to be an interesting season to watch unfold . Coaching turnovers can be fun .

DB23

It will be interesting for sure. I am excited about seeing..

Feb 11, 2016, 7:57 AM

what kind of energy the new coaching staff brings in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of 2008
Go Tigers!

Re: It will be interesting for sure. I am excited about seeing..

Feb 11, 2016, 7:59 AM

Im gonna be in Saluda NC in early March , hoping to get to the 2 Coot games in the upstate .
Wonder how that will feel , with Coach Lee squaring off against the old paycheck .

DB23

whoa nelly... the team will only go as far as the arms take

Feb 11, 2016, 8:13 AM

it. and there's way too many unknowns to have any big expectations.

Heck, if Jack hadn't had Goose and Crownover over the last two years, he'd never have gotten into the tourney

I think I'd give Monte Lee a couple of years to develop some depth

before saddling him with any of TNET's vaunted "expectations".

Course logic never stopped anyone on here before....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: whoa nelly... the team will only go as far as the arms take

Feb 11, 2016, 8:30 AM

I personally feel like just making the tourney in a transitional year would be a triumph. I would just love to be competitive ...and of course we need to take the Coot series .

DB23

Expectations should be tempered....

Feb 11, 2016, 8:37 AM

until Coach Lee has an opportunity to develop some quality depth. I like what I've seen so far.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 11, 2016, 8:39 AM

I think we show improvement as the season goes on. We will make the tournament as a 3 or 4 seed. We will be competitive and take at lease 2 of 3 from hens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic