Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Letter to the Editor: "Glad to See Clemson Lose", January 26
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Letter to the Editor: "Glad to See Clemson Lose", January 26

Feb 10, 2016, 1:37 PM

The following Letter to the Editor appeared in the January 26, 2016 edition of The State newspaper:

=============================================================================================
GLAD TO SEE CLEMSON LOSE

It was great for Clemson to lose the national championship. The team didn't play any good teams this year and should have lost more games.

Dabo looked great crying.

Sam Murray
West Columbia
============================================================================================

Thus far The State has refused to print any follow-up letters. Perhaps if they get bombarded with letters from loyal Tiger fans they may change their stance and acknowledge that to print this type of letter is nothing short of tabloid journalism.

Please send e-mails to: Cindi Ross Scoppe, Associate Editor, cscoppe@thestate.com

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Letter to the Editor: "Glad to See Clemson Lose", January 26

Feb 10, 2016, 1:40 PM

I used to read that fish wrapper of a paper. Quit several years ago.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks, if not for you i may never have seen this...***

Feb 10, 2016, 1:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did we really ever expect anything better from the State???

Feb 10, 2016, 1:41 PM

That paper is a joke.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope this maroon acknowedges one of the

Feb 10, 2016, 1:47 PM

"not good" teams Clemson played was the perpetual losers in Cola.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ONLY reason to write

Feb 10, 2016, 6:42 PM

would be to try to keep his name in the paper as long as possible. How embarrassing for his family!

I'm all about reasonably ludicrous arguments against a rival school, but even I feel a little embarrassed for him.

It's all sour grapes...

Feb 10, 2016, 1:55 PM

USCjr has nothing to feel good about right now except hating Clemson. Sam (oh no we suck again) Murray is probably a pathetic little gamec@ck loving man who lives in his mother's basement. Who cares what he thinks? The very act of taking the time to write and submit such bull tells me all I need to know about him. What he says says is "I hate Clemson," what he means is "they are gonna kick our @ss every year for the foreseeable future and there is NOTHING I can do about it except whine to the newspaper."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm being pedantic, but its a pet peeve of mine

Feb 10, 2016, 2:03 PM

This isn't "sour grapes".

"Sour grapes" is when someone finds a reason to argue they wouldn't want something they cannot have. In the fable the fox wants the grapes, can't get them, and then argues that they would've been sour anyway so as to convince himself (or others) that he didn't really want them.

This is simply the case of a dude making a boneheaded statement about a rival to downplay the success of that rival.

And I have zero doubt that it would've been good for a USC fan to watch us lose. Were the situation reversed I'd have enjoyed them losing (but I also wouldn't argue that they would've accomplished nothing which is where his idiocy comes in).

OK, pedantic rant over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks professor***

Feb 10, 2016, 2:13 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're welcome :)

Feb 10, 2016, 2:14 PM

Like I said, I know I'm being pedantic. Just a pet peeve of mine.

Pointed ya anyway just to show I know the problem is on my end :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misspelled your.....***

Feb 10, 2016, 6:35 PM

Typical Capon consumed by a Clemson inferiority complex

Feb 10, 2016, 2:06 PM

It sure must suck to be him.

If he's resorting to a seldom see editorial in an insignificant fish wrap, it's pretty clear Clemson is in his head in a major way.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The ignorance of that letter writer speaks for itself and

Feb 10, 2016, 2:10 PM

warrants no reply. The best thing to do with ignorant statements is just let them fade in the wind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ignorance of that letter writer speaks for itself and

Feb 10, 2016, 2:15 PM

Bet that guy has an extremely fulfilling life

Another Baghdad Bob. Clemson "didn't play any good teams

Feb 10, 2016, 3:17 PM

this year" speaks volumes to how hurt and mess-up this little bird is. Too funny.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another Baghdad Bob. Clemson "didn't play any good teams

Feb 10, 2016, 4:16 PM

i heard about this letter a couple weeks ago.....i was listening to teddy hefner and dr. rick......they both blasted this moron......telling the idiot to get a life cause clemson played 5 top ten teams this yr and outplayed bama in the natty.......they have both been very positive towards clemson and swinney this yr......surprising since they are such usuc homers.

Feb 10, 2016, 4:34 PM

There was a follow-up letter... You must have missed it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2016, 5:13 PM

In all honesty you have to feel sorry for these morons who obviously have no life other than to trash Clemson
when they have nothing of their own in which to take pride-other than Women's Basketball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That Zoo in Cootville

Feb 10, 2016, 7:03 PM

Is A POS...The Fans and Everything about USuCk....Is a POS

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Here is her reply from my letter to her

Feb 10, 2016, 7:12 PM

"Thank you for taking the time to write. If you search "Sam Murray" on our website, you should see a letter we published that criticized Mr Murrahy's letter.

I received three letters criticizing my decision to run Mr Murray's letter -- possibly four, but can remember three for certain -- and I accepted two of them for publication. That is much higher than our usual acceptance rate for letters, because I feel a much stronger obligation to publish letters that criticize my decisions than, say, letters, that criticize politicians.

Unfortunately I will not be publishing the other critical letter because the writer withdrew it. I was more than happy to provide a forum for that writer to criticize my decision. But as I explained to him, I was not willing to publish the part of the letter that said that Mr Murray's tirade reflected the views of my publisher and the other members of my editorial board and me, because that was absolutely untrue. He initially seemed to be OK with that, but several days later he contacted me to say I could not publish his letter unless I ran it unedited.

Please feel free to share my response with any people you believe share your concerns.

Cindi Scoppe

----------------
Cindi Ross Scoppe
Associate Editor
The State
Columbia, SC
thestate.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/cindi-ross-scoppe
Follow me on Twitter @CindiScoppe"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Here is her reply from my letter to her

Feb 10, 2016, 10:07 PM

I'm the writer of the letter that Ms. Scoppe refers to in this post and I was never okay with her desire to censor my letter! The following is what I wrote her, Whether or not you choose to print my letter in its entirety is up to the Editorial Board, but to remove parts of it is a Communist-era ploy to make your paper look good. You do not have my permission to do so."

It is my opinion that the State newspaper did not give Clemson adequate coverage and because it's her opinion that her employer did give them adequate coverage she wants to remove my comment from the letter. I think the fact that she published Mr. Murrays very immature letter that also did not contain true statements, which is the reason according to Ms. Scoppe that she would not include my comment about the paper (which is just her opinion and not "fact" based, makes it demonstrably (a word she likes to use) apparent that there is an anti-Clemson sentiment at The State newspaper. I've told her to cancel my subscription to the paper and send me a refund. If I want to read a newspaper that has no regard for the truth I'll pick up a tabloid in the check out line at the grocery store.

Feb 10, 2016, 8:30 PM

They've already phoned it in. They know that their user base is dying off quickly to old age.

That paper still exists?!? Who knew!***

Feb 10, 2016, 10:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic