Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Nation's #1 prospect commits to Michigan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Nation's #1 prospect commits to Michigan

Feb 3, 2016, 1:14 PM

Nation's #1 prospect commits to Michigan

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Nation's #1 prospect commits to Michigan

Feb 3, 2016, 1:20 PM

Congratulations to gary but either way we just had a awesome class. Go Tigers.

Feb 3, 2016, 1:26 PM

Glad we got the CB Mullen who will be impact player.

Feb 3, 2016, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Nation's #1 prospect commits to Michigan ]

Sure would like to gt inside his head and see how he came to his decision.
It is hard to understand why he would want to play in frozen Michigan with a team with much less prospect of playing for the NC. Also, I would have thought he would want to play on the same line as Wilkins and Lawrence. Just how much can a former high school coach mean to a player? Perhaps he isn't very close to his uncle in Anderson and his former coach means more to him?
Inquiring minds want to know!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Am I the only person turned off

Feb 3, 2016, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Nation's #1 prospect commits to Michigan ]

by a high school kid taking a limo to a press conference? Think he feels entitled??? I'm guessing he wasn't a good fit for what I hope Dabo is building. Go Tigers!

-DW

Re: Am I the only person turned off

Feb 3, 2016, 2:17 PM

Yes & who paid for the Limo??? Also, who's the fat, white dude in a suit who sticks his head in the limo & asks Rashan, "did they stock the bar?" Recruiting gone amuck!!

You are not alone...

Feb 3, 2016, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Am I the only person turned off ]

I like guys like DW4 who say, "I am committed to Clemson, and I appreciate the opportunity" (as a junior) and then they show up and play ball without all the limos and bursting through banners and show boating and "look at me, look at me, aren't I awesome?" Don't get me wrong, I wish he had chosen Clemson, but he wouldn't have been anymore special or been treated any differently than anyone else on the team. Maybe that's why he went to Michigan???

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are not alone...

Feb 3, 2016, 7:21 PM

I can honestly say that I would have been more turned off by the limo if he'd said Clemson. Darn fun time to be a Tiger!

Feb 3, 2016, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Am I the only person turned off ]

Yeeeeeah I don't really care for that. I understand this is a huge moment in these kids' lives, so I can understand embracing the press a little bit and having a big announcement ceremony. But you haven't done anything yet to showboat as much as some of these kids do. Don't make it into a circus.

Feb 3, 2016, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Am I the only person turned off ]

> by a high school kid taking a limo to a press
> conference? Think he feels entitled??? I'm guessing
> he wasn't a good fit for what I hope Dabo is
> building. Go Tigers!
>
> -DW

I'm sure ESPN provided the transportation since they wanted him to announce live on their network

Dangit

Didn't need #1 prospect anyway...

.... enjoy your time in Michigan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Didn't need #1 prospect anyway...

Feb 3, 2016, 1:23 PM

I hope he enjoys that freezing weather up there. Pack some thermal underwear. He's going to need it, while our guys are practicing in shorts

Feb 3, 2016, 1:34 PM

He lives in northern NJ , don't think that cold weather was at all a factor .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 3, 2016, 1:44 PM

It's much colder over all in Mich. than Joisey.Colder weather is more
extreme to injury.We did get Lawrence and he's not chopped liver.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish the best for this young man... But...

Michigan still isn't going to be the best team in their league. He will have regrets when Clemson wins it all this year.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Feb 3, 2016, 1:21 PM

Dayyyyum. While I was hoping that you would don the Paw, you made a decision that I hope you were confident in. Good luck Mr. Gary. Maybe you'll transfer to us in the future! :)

GO TIGER!!!!

Trevor Pryce should give him a call...

Feb 3, 2016, 3:45 PM

and explain the benefits of transferring from Michigan to Clemson...

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2016, 1:22 PM

How does he not see his opportunity at Clemson next year? It couldnt have been more clear cut for him. Good luck at Michigan.

Feb 3, 2016, 1:24 PM

Good luck Rashan.

Feb 3, 2016, 1:25 PM

His loss....

Clemson will have the #1 Player (and DT) from this class ...

Feb 3, 2016, 1:35 PM

... in Dexter Lawrence when the fall season begins. You see, Dexter is already on campus and learning from the best defensive coaching team in the country.

And if you're an elite player, if you're not improving, you're falling behind. Dexter has a head start for next season. :D

This Clemson class is AWESOME! Add these players together with the Men that already are here and I see some great things happening as soon as next season!

I wish Rashan good luck and hope he enjoys his time at Michigan.

GO TIGERS!!! ALL IN!!!

Re: Clemson will have the #1 Player (and DT) from this class ...

Feb 3, 2016, 2:34 PM

Mr. Dex. will be hungry to prove why he was considered as the number one player this year. Motivated to prove to the world that is just as good if not better. He will fix right in with the hungry talent players looking to reel in the big one that we just let get away. The cast behind them will be ready to prove that they can handle the airways behind these monsters of D-linemen once the ball is in the air. Yes, the secondary will be ready to prove that they can step it up a little throughout the No Fly Zone.

Feb 3, 2016, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Nation's #1 prospect commits to Michigan ]

His loss! Now he's going to be playing for a jerk of a head coach who lies to recruits and rips scholarships away! Plus last I checked Michigan has other problems like punting and getting past Iowa, Michigan state and Ohio state ha-ha! Yet Clemson plays the near the most freshman in NCAA, has a Heisman contender, and looks to play for the natty again! Thus you would have publicity! Congrats on his decision but I don't think in my opinion it was the smartest! Either way look at it this way we have signed 2 5star def lineman in 2 straight years without him hahaha! His loss

Feb 3, 2016, 1:28 PM

Congtrats to Michigan. we cant get them all - very happy with this class we are in the company of the elite! Tampa2016!!!!

Feb 3, 2016, 1:28 PM

Best of luck - sure wasn't smiling too much - hoping Mama didn't pressure him. Would have been a good get for the Tigers but looking back on the past #1 picks - not sure most of them would have been a fit for the Clemson culture. Hindsight - if he would have been to Clemson for a game - may have made a difference - albeit our Coaching staff tried undoubtedly.

Feb 3, 2016, 1:44 PM

Read she didn't even know where he was going until they got on stage. I feel she would have wanted him in Orange given her brother living down the road and the academics we offer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2016, 1:29 PM

Probably for the best, I bet he rethinks that next February, when he is walking to class in freezing weather and his Clemson/UGA/Alabama/Auburn? friends are enjoying a 60 degree day outside with non-wraped up girls. Duhh

Dang... Gary is UNBLOCKABLE

Feb 3, 2016, 1:30 PM

Having this guy would have given us the best DL in the country. He's the best prospect at DE since Clowney (not quite on his level, but close). He's a future #1 pick. Just watch his film... unbelieveable.

Stinks... really thought we were gonna get him. I know we have a great class otherwise, but I can't help it if this takes the wind out of my sails a bit.

Re: Dang... Gary is UNBLOCKABLE

Feb 3, 2016, 1:41 PM

Mitch hyatt disagrees..
Signed,
Shaq Lawson

Re: Dang... Gary is UNBLOCKABLE

Feb 3, 2016, 2:08 PM

I'm not trying to bash our own players, but Bama had Mitch on skates all game (just watch the film). Granted he was a true freshman starting at LT (which is freakish), but Gary would get the best of him. Gary OWNED Greg Little (#1 OL recruit) and everyone else at The Opening this summer... it wasn't even funny.

Gary is a monster. But so are our the guys on our OL.

Feb 3, 2016, 2:44 PM

Gary will be big numbers playing in the cakewalk that is most of the Big 10, but, as Michigan State showed during the playoff game, it's another story when the big boys show up.

Re: Gary is a monster. But so are our the guys on our OL.

Feb 4, 2016, 4:03 PM

But the big boys DID show up, to the tune of the #1 OT in the country, at The Opening. He OWNED all of them in full pads 1v1 drills. It was silly to watch.

Also, the All Star games put OL at a disadvantage.

Feb 3, 2016, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Dang... Gary is UNBLOCKABLE ]

DL can play with abandon, no schemes to really worry about. OL has to learn offensive schemes. Getting packages is much harder. That's why it is such a big deal for an OL to have time to gel.

Re: Also, the All Star games put OL at a disadvantage.

Feb 4, 2016, 4:02 PM

Typically I agree... however, the 1v1 drills at the Opening were full pads and Gary wiped the floor with the best OTs in the country (including Little). He's a freak.

Re: Also, the All Star games put OL at a disadvantage.

Feb 4, 2016, 4:03 PM

No mas.

http://postimg.org/image/kk6ae36sj/

Gary is head and shoulders over Clowney at this age.

Feb 3, 2016, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Dang... Gary is UNBLOCKABLE ]

No comparison.

Feb 3, 2016, 1:31 PM
image.png(991.4 K)

Michigan trashcan that just happened to be handy.

Best wishes to the kid. Will be a fan of his regardless***

Feb 3, 2016, 1:31 PM

Feb 3, 2016, 1:33 PM

Good luck Mr. Gary at Michigan
As for Big Cat U, we will be just fine our next year recruiting class has already gotten in on some top dl prospects
Oh well can't get em all
Go Tigers

Feb 3, 2016, 1:36 PM

Our loss. He'll
Get double- teamed at Michigan but that's where his heart was all the time, I think. Good pick-up for Michigan. We got some
Really good recruits though. Excited for our 2016 class -and for the Tigers.

Feb 3, 2016, 1:43 PM

I think that cornerback was a more pressing need.

They hired his coach and his friends

Feb 3, 2016, 1:43 PM

Rick Flair, Derrick Jeter, Tom Brady, lol they will all learn when the right deal comes Ole Jim will bolt back to the NFL and they will be left cuddling in a blizzard watching Clemson win the 2016 title. You guys did forget we did get 6* recruit Mike Williams. But honestly, Michigan literally strategically took all his friends and his coach.....I mean can we say knimdeche all over....well he really didn't rock the world. All his highlights were missed tackles anyways. He is fast and good sized has the tools but hes not Shaq or Beasley right away anyways interested in what Michigan promised him. Whatever cuddle with the boy bro for winter and watch DeShaun demolish the rest of college football.

Re: They hired his coach and his friends

Feb 3, 2016, 1:59 PM

Missed tackles dude is a beast and if we had got him you would be on here talking about him being great. Hope he does well but I hope big Dex proves to the country that he should have been number 1.

Feb 3, 2016, 2:11 PM

No dude they kept playing replays of him missing tackles. He's good and would have loved to get him, but no way he's see all be LeBron James of football....Ive thought this a long time about this football hoopla Ober national signing and think it's gotten over the top. And ESPN straight up lies man as soon as a guy is committed and sold early he drops his rank if to any school outside the sec or traditional blue bloods.....it's a joke. What happened with the number last year he was so unbelievable too....he didn't make an impact. So who knows. I think having to competition for lime light with Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins. I still think this d line will dominate next year.

Feb 3, 2016, 2:13 PM

Competition for lime light for pro scouts...Maybe or just he got bought out Rick Flair and Derrick Jeter lived with him this past week. Tom Brady cooked dinner.

Coot on here trying to talk trash about the #1 player.

Feb 3, 2016, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: They hired his coach and his friends ]

Trolling.

Feb 3, 2016, 1:48 PM

Seems like a great kid and I love to see all the positive comments wishing him well, even though he has verbally chosen Michigan. Makes me proud of Tiger Nation. That being said, I don't think this is over. Anyone who watched that announcement could see that he wasn't comfortable at all. I think his heart is telling him Clemson, but he's feeling great pressure to not say no to Michigan (maybe due to Harbaugh's celebrity party antics). I wouldn't be shocked to learn that he has not yet signed papers. He seems like a really good kid with great family support. I hope he follows his heart.

well, he hasn't signed yet from what I can tell...

Feb 3, 2016, 1:52 PM

just sayin'...

Re: well, he hasn't signed yet from what I can tell...

Feb 3, 2016, 2:34 PM

Not trying to create false hope but he is still not listed on the official Michigan website as a signed NLI:
http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/signing-day-2016.html

Feb 3, 2016, 2:59 PM

I really don't think its false hope at this point. Maybe he eventually signs with Michigan, but I think he's still deciding. Hopefully he can find some peace away from all the noise/pressure and make his own decision. I think he wants to sign with Clemson.

Feb 3, 2016, 6:45 PM

Hope you're right - I sure wasn't crying when I got my acceptance letter from Clemson. He was crying - sure it was an emotional journey, but just didn't see the kid smile either.

even as I have just checked the UM football site

Feb 3, 2016, 4:27 PM [ in reply to well, he hasn't signed yet from what I can tell... ]

they still do not have RGary listed as a signed commitment... this could be a Cyrus Kouandjio in the making for our benefit...

one can only hope, but i think that the big deal announcement on ESecPn will eventually cause him to keep to the commitment and not "lose face"...

daggumit!! it just updated with RGary signing his LOI...***

Feb 3, 2016, 4:29 PM

Re: even as I have just checked the UM football site

Feb 3, 2016, 4:54 PM [ in reply to even as I have just checked the UM football site ]

Yeah, I wish he would have just backed away and cleared his head for a few days. Best wishes to him at Michigan.

Feb 3, 2016, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Nation's #1 prospect commits to Michigan ]

Looks like Clemson is having a terrific day even though Gary is going to Michigan. Of course, would have loved to have him prowling around in Death Valley, but I love the team we have and will not be surprised to see them go to another Natty in '17. Go Tigers!

#1 prospect commits to Clemson I'm truth!

Feb 3, 2016, 1:57 PM

One more year out of Mike Williams....he's a 7* MEGATRON type so.....well be ok and our d line guys aren't shabby....lol especially with all that talent. FSU is what confuses me.....why flip from other schools to go to Jumbo who is slowing throttling down the machine plus he gets these recruits all the time and they rarely impress me. Clemson turns 2* wr into an NFL pro bowler, a 3* rb into a 1St round draft pick at DE. Hmmmmm....seems kinda like Clemson coaches them up better. I just see a lot of these guys dissappear after there announcement. Funny did they even televise Watson.....I don't remember!

Feb 3, 2016, 2:15 PM

huge pressure on him to go to Michigan (UofM paid a high price and may have threatened to pull the coaching job and other scholarships if he didn't commit). It's pretty shocking that we made the final 2 when we were late starting to recruit him. He may be there longer than Harbaugh (Michigan doesn't show much loyalty to coaches). Michigan sucks in the Winter (I lived there for 6 long years). UofM has big football history - wish him well.

Feb 3, 2016, 2:21 PM

If this is happiness, I needs to get my eyes checked.

[IMG][/IMG]

Feb 3, 2016, 2:31 PM

Biggest decision of your life and you're not sure where you want to go AS YOU'RE WALKING ON STAGE....???
That tells you all you need to know about where he really wanted to go and how much of an impression we made in 2 days vs Mich doing it over several months.

Feb 3, 2016, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Nation's #1 prospect commits to Michigan ]

His heart is telling him he belongs at Clemson; that's why he hasn't yet signed with Michigan. Wishing him a few hours/days of peace to make his own decision.

Good Luck RG. Too bad he will never play against us either

Feb 3, 2016, 2:37 PM

Michigan will not make it to the playoffs or the natty any time soon. He will be able to show how well he can handle a double team at Michigan.

His loss. Gets to watch the National Championship game

Feb 3, 2016, 2:42 PM

from home instead of playing in it.

Thank you for considering our Tigers who where awesome

Feb 3, 2016, 3:47 PM

Enough to get you to the last minute.
Rashan we all know you will be great with a motor that seems to never stop. We got a guy who could easily be better but we wanted you too so we could dominate with unstoppable talent.

I will be cheering you on as long as your not playing against our Tigers.

You have a great family an I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing if my former teammates and best friend was there. Friendships are hard to come by I hope you go to my favorite NFL team they need you the most.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

He and everybody in his entourage look like ...

Feb 3, 2016, 3:55 PM

... their dog just got run over.

Whatever, man. Good luck to you. But be prepared for a lot of woulda-coulda-shouldas.

Re: He and everybody in his entourage look like ...

Feb 3, 2016, 4:40 PM

Did not look happy or joyful at all.

My answer to this is......DEXTER LAWRENCE

Feb 3, 2016, 4:39 PM

I said several months ago in an article here, that I thought DL was better than Gary.

Can prove that if you like...

:)

Re: My answer to this is......DEXTER LAWRENCE

Feb 3, 2016, 6:52 PM

Dexter Lawerence is the next fridge - call him the FREEZER - between he, Wilkins, Watkins,Pagano, Huggins, etc. - we will have absolutely no issues at Tackle. And we likely have some guys that will be pretty close to Dodd and Lawson at End - maybe not as good, but effective enough.

Feb 3, 2016, 4:48 PM

Maize and Yellow????

didnt Trevor Pryce start out at Michigan then transferred to Clemson?

Feb 3, 2016, 4:57 PM

Mm

He sure did...***

Feb 4, 2016, 9:49 AM

Feb 3, 2016, 9:44 PM

Mr. Gary or his family really didn't look that happy when announcing today. Most recruits were smiling from ear to ear. Most were excited and feeling the moment. Gary almost looked sad like he just made a huge mistake. I wish Gary the best but when Blue is 10-2 going to the Outback Bowl and the Tigers are playing in the National Championship game, we'll remember you chose poorly. Good Luck Mr. Gary!

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic