Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UNC is the Iowa of the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

UNC is the Iowa of the ACC

Dec 1, 2015, 9:31 PM

Seriously why are some people so scared of UNC. Who have they played?

As far as I can see their toughest game was at Pittsburgh. The last time UNC played in a prime time nationally televised game they lost.... and it was to the shamecocks. They are not battle tested.

It's very hard to get to be the number 1 team in the country, it's very very hard to stay there. We have done it for 5 straight weeks, we have had the pressure of maintaining that #1 spot. We have 2 wins over current top 10 teams. UNC has played 4 teams with winning records and no wins of current top 25. There is a reason we are number 1 and we will show it on Saturday...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd say Iowa is probably better***

Dec 1, 2015, 9:32 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC hammers Iowa

Dec 1, 2015, 9:35 PM

If we get Iowa, I'll be more relaxed for that game than any we have had since app st

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

I agree, but we won't get iowa...

Dec 1, 2015, 9:37 PM

Michigan State will beat Iowa and jump Oklahoma. Meaning Oklahoma round 1... get ready

UNC 48 UL 14, Iowa 29 UL 20 FWIW***

Dec 1, 2015, 10:50 PM [ in reply to UNC hammers Iowa ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UL = Illini (haha)***

Dec 1, 2015, 11:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Iowa didn't lose to a 3-9 team. They're the Boise State of

Dec 1, 2015, 9:32 PM

the Coastal

idk, it might have more to do with the gawd awful sloppy

Dec 1, 2015, 9:40 PM

play of the tigers, 10 turnovers in 3 games & numerous explosive plays given up on defense versus teams that finished the season 4-8, 3-9 and 3-9. so the fear might not be "unc", but clemson finally meeting an opponent that has the ability to cost clemson a game should the tigers "falter" again.

but i'm just spit balling here of course?

dabo's said it many times, only clemson can beat clemson and even though the tigers don't have a blemish on the record, it ain't from lack of effort to do so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are they "holier than thou" cheaters too?

Dec 1, 2015, 10:07 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you, voice of reason!***

Dec 1, 2015, 10:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UNC is the Iowa of the ACC

Dec 1, 2015, 10:52 PM

Excellent analogy. Sparty is gonna expose Iowa. They barely beat Pitt. And we'll expose UNCheat.

Then, mysteriously, all the "experts" will claim they predicted a Clemson victory all along.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

It's not them, its us. Worried that Clemson is gonna

Dec 1, 2015, 10:53 PM

beat Clemson - to borrow a phrase from Dabo.

Re: UNC is the Iowa of the ACC

Dec 2, 2015, 2:33 AM

I'd rather be playing Iowa than Clemson Saturday night for sure (actually that ain't true at all- can't wait to be in BOA taking it all in)

Will say though: who has Iowa hung 66 points on (UNC over a dook team that had been ranked the week before)? Or do you spose the Hawkeyes would've put 59 on the Canes? How about smacking the peckers around 35-7 in the FIRST QUARTER?!! I'm not saying that the Heels are ALL THAT, but it sure has been an unexpectedly exciting ride so far, and I expect that to continue a few more weeks (and no that's not a prediction for Saturday night).

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic