Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My observations from the game.**
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,167

My observations from the game.**

Oct 3, 2015, 11:54 PM

Tigerpawclemson1 is my most disliked Clemson fan. Actually the only Clemson fan that annoys me.**

Our offensive play calling was awful. The only thing holding this team back potentially from that 4 team playoff is our OC at the moment.

Our players did their jobs. This was on the OC. He almost revived "Clemsoning". I am not sold on our OC situation. I know I should be happy with the win, and I am, but slightly frustrated at the same time. It should have never came down to what it did.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed..

Oct 3, 2015, 11:57 PM

Play calling at L'ville and tonight down the stretch is too passive. Trust DW and what our O does instead of just running dives. We had too many chances to put this away and didnt. We have to stick with what our D does and do it...

Re: My observations from the game.**

Oct 3, 2015, 11:58 PM

It was raining.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was well beyond that and has been **

Oct 4, 2015, 12:00 AM

nm

Agreed, playing not to lose from beginning of 2nd half

Oct 3, 2015, 11:58 PM

That situation is going to burn us down the road. I can understand not wanting to mess up with the conditions, but at some point you need to throw the ball. They showed no trust in Watson's passing ability.

Oct 3, 2015, 11:59 PM

Yes....and many said we wouldn't miss coach Morris? Wow, we sure do!

Morris had the tendency to do the same too..

Oct 4, 2015, 12:02 AM

Not as bad, but still.. He would get passive at times, but not nearly this passive. Running an option dive for 4 plays in the row isn't going to cut it. I agreed on the throw to Peake, but other than that and the 1 throw to 'Tay, that was it in the 2nd half besides screens.. We have to throw the ball!

Oct 4, 2015, 12:04 AM [ in reply to Re: My observations from the game.** ]

This team could be a playoff team. But,we do miss the Chad more than I thought. Our OC'S are terrible.

Oct 4, 2015, 12:01 AM

You are absolutely correct. When you play not to lose you generally will. We got lucky with the turnovers.

Oct 4, 2015, 12:12 AM

Some Clemson fans as much as we love them also, don't like hearing the truth. They don't won't to lose either. But the OC showed their arrogance from 4th quarter on bc they felt they had the game won, and didn't won't to look like they were running up the score. Brain Kelly would have hung 80 on us if it wasn't for Brent Ventable's and his style of coaching. BV kept us from losing this game, and if it wasn't for our OC's calling off the offense, he wouldn't have had to be so stressed out at the end of this game!!!!! To many games like this one with OC"s not being aggressive for 4 full quarters will cause him leave for a team that loves winning big.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 12:16 AM

Agreed!

"Playing not to lose" the entire 4th QTR. is the issue

Oct 4, 2015, 12:18 AM

EVEN the biased announcers commented on this was a big mistake

Re: "Playing not to lose" the entire 4th QTR. is the issue

Oct 4, 2015, 12:58 AM

The play calling was a little dumbfounding and very annoying. After our first two scores it looked like we might hang 50 on them, then we just seemed to stop trying. Don't get me wrong, but here we have one of the greatest receiving corps in the nation and Leggett and Renfrow (he's actually quite the surprise) have turned into our two biggest targets. The rain didn't seem to keep ND from passing the ball, albeit most of their yards came after the catch. The D was stellar - always fun to win on a goal line stand - but the open cross routes through the middle of the field almost killed us. I guess we didn't want to give up the big one. Anyway, it was a great win. Almost too exciting though.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,167
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic