Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone up for 2016 Kicker recruiting ....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,973

Anyone up for 2016 Kicker recruiting ....

Jun 24, 2015, 10:12 AM

I got one name for ya and he's the one we need to go after with everything we got.

K Alex Barbir 5-9 186 #######, GA South Forsyth

Ranked the #3 kicker in the nation according to Chris Sailer. Has an offer from Army. Drawing interest from Bama, Auburn, BC, Clemson, and others. In 2014, 90% of his kickoffs went into the endzone for touchback (34 of 41). He accounted for 45 points and converted 6 of 8 field goals. Barbir was also 42 of 43 on extra points. Had a game where he made 4 FGs, including a 56 yarder, and 7 of 8 kickoffs went for a touchback to earn him Kohl's Kicking Camp Player of the Week. 1st Team All-State 6AAAAAA. Two time All-Region and All-County member. Barbir competed in the Elite Junior Classic game on December 29th where he handled both placekicking and punting duties. Unofficially visited Clemson in April of 2014. According to one source, he was at Dabo Swinney Camp on June 13th. Attended two games this past fall. He was injured last year and did not get the chance to attend camp and show off his skills.

Bio- Barbir began playing soccer when he was 4 and converted to football later. The football coaches noticed his strong leg during an 8th grade game of kickball during P.E. His father played soccer in college. Barbir was born in Romania. He participates in Flood Ministries, a student community organization focused on having students participate in mission opportunities in the community and has previously spent time in serving to the homeless. He also carries a 3.5 GPA. His cousin, Danny, plays for the U.S. Under-17 Men’s National Team and is in the West Bromwich Albion youth academy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iUi6R6Z3NQ

A short read- Less than a week after he was in Clemson for the N.C. State game, 2016 kicker Alex Barbir connected on field goals from 56, 52, 40 and 20 yards.

The South Forsyth (#######, Georgia) junior nailed the four in the 33-8 win over Northview, which tied the state record for the second most made field goals in a single game.

His make from 56 yards also made a little bit of history.

“I set a new personal record, broke the high school record, broke the county record and, I think, it’s the ninth-longest in Georgia state history,” Barbir said.

“The facilities are definitely top of the line, some of the best in college football,” Barbir said. “There’s really no stadium like Death Valley.

Film of the 56 yarder- http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2872248/highlights/184190376/v2

On Clemson- “The fans, everything about that, I love. The fans, when I went, were crazy. They were always going and being loud, doing different chants. That’s something that I would really want to be around.”

Side note quote- "I had to choose between soccer and football, and I chose football because I know it’s what I can do in college," Barbir said. "The way you kick the ball in soccer and football is totally different. In football, you need muscle memory in your leg to do the same motion every time. It’s hard to keep that going back and forth with playing soccer."

A cool read- South Forsyth coach Jeff Arnette’s decision to send kicker Alex Barbir out for a 56-yard field goal attempt in the second quarter drew incredulous chuckles and glances in the bleachers at War Eagle Stadium.

By the time the fourth quarter rolled around, and Barbir had drilled that 56-yard kick and a 52-yard field goal, South fans were calling for Arnette to trot Barbir out for an attempt when a War Eagle drive stalled 85 yards from the end zone.

South used unrelenting pressure on Northview quarterback DJ Pearson, Barbir’s four field goals and two first-half touchdown passes from Matt White to hand Northview its first loss, 33-8, on Friday night.

"Their kicker killed us," Northview head coach Chad Davenport said. "I mean, how many times do you say that? He was unbelievable."

Barbir made 58- and 60-yard attempts in practice this week, but 56 is his longest made kick and tied for ninth-longest in state history with four other players.

"I didn’t have to convince coach Arnette to send me out there," Barbir said. "That was the longest kick we’ve attempted in a game, but after they saw me in practice this week, the coaches were confident giving me a shot."

Arnette smiled big when talking about his junior kicker, who had touchbacks on six of his eight kickoffs.

"Barbir out here tonight, I don’t know that I’ve seen any high schooler make from 56, 52 and 44 yards in the same game," he said. "If they have, I haven’t seen it."
From kicking guru Chris Sailer- "Alex is an outstanding kicker. A good athlete with a very strong leg. Field goals are smooth accurate off the ground. One of the top FG kickers in his class. Kickoffs are strong and shows promise. Has the tools to be one of the very best. Should have a big spring and challenge for an "Event Elite" spot this may in Las Vegas. Nice college prospect."

Here is a great read on him- http://www.forsythnews.com/archives/25864/

A short read- "PK Alex Barbir of #######, GA made an unofficial visit to Clemson for the Georgia State game. Clemson and Auburn are his favorites and he has an offer from Army. Barbir said Clemson remains interested but wants to see him kick in person before talking about an offer. This season Barbir had field goals of 56 and 52 yards and hit six of eight attempts. "

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, you cant type that fast. How'd you do that? AND,

Jun 24, 2015, 10:14 AM

if this was prepared earlier you need to be hired by Clemson. Shazaam

My buddy Amon stopped by earlier so I'M JACKED

Jun 24, 2015, 10:22 AM

'Line' of the day right there... give this thread a 'bump.' Too soon? I type with 'SEC speed.'

But all kidding aside, Dabo needs to offer this guy soon.

Re: My buddy Amon stopped by earlier so I'M JACKED

Jun 24, 2015, 11:49 AM

This is the type of kicker we need!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope he does't hit a 'bump' in the road...

Jun 24, 2015, 12:20 PM

We gotta keep Michael Irvin off campus for real though...

Re: Anyone up for 2016 Kicker recruiting ....

Jul 27, 2015, 4:40 PM

Alex recently verbally committed to Rutgers, but here are a couple of other 2016 kicker prospects from the state of Georgia. Like him they are also rated a 4.5 stars by Kohl's Kicking.

http://kohlskicking.com/profile/samuel-sloman/18760/

http://kohlskicking.com/profile/john-scifers/19405/

Great info and good stuff. Thanks.***

Jul 27, 2015, 5:28 PM

Re: Anyone up for 2016 Kicker recruiting ....

Jul 27, 2015, 4:54 PM

That's great and all, but what is his stance on recreational drugs?

In all seriousness, we really need to look at making sure the kicking game isn't an issue next year.

Barbir committed to Rutgers over Illinois******

Jul 27, 2015, 5:07 PM

I appreciate the update. I hadn't seen that.***

Jul 27, 2015, 5:29 PM

Re: Barbir committed to Rutgers over Illinois******

Jul 30, 2015, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Barbir committed to Rutgers over Illinois****** ]

Since he has committed elsewhere are the Tigers still looking to add a kicker to the roster, even if just a walk on?

Re: Barbir committed to Rutgers over Illinois******

Jul 30, 2015, 7:21 PM

If we offer there's a good chance he'll flip here

@TigerBry83 What is your take on Butler?

Jul 30, 2015, 7:37 PM

nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,973
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic