Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Feaster update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 9,298

Feaster update

Jul 25, 2015, 10:00 PM

Ok I've spent the last several hours on the phone with, um, interested parties. As you know, Tavien and his dad took a visit to Tennessee and he spoke glowingly about the visit. Not a good situation, at least on the surface.

But....I've done a lot of talking and texting, and I've heard the momma is "hot" about everything that has happened and I've also heard that Clemson's coaches still feel really good about Feaster. In fact, the hope is that they can get Tavien and his mother on campus this week and help settle things down. This appears to be a reactionary trip to something that has nothing to do with Clemson, and while it bears watching, I still think this is all Clemson.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the update DavidHood!***

Jul 25, 2015, 10:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

resurgence of Tenn. has never been good for Clemson or USC

Jul 25, 2015, 10:09 PM

May they crash and burn this year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: resurgence of Tenn. has never been good for Clemson or USC

Jul 25, 2015, 10:12 PM

TENN plays OKLA, ALA, ARK and UGA - 4 pretty obvious losses.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

honestly, the resurgence of UT ???

Jul 25, 2015, 10:20 PM [ in reply to resurgence of Tenn. has never been good for Clemson or USC ]

I am fairly certain they are a .500 football team so while they recruit fairly well HOPEFULLY it does not translate to winning football games. Only worry is that he is unable to recognize this and our coaches I'm sure will make sure he knows.

Also keep in mind that this is fresh to him. One trip back to Death Valley should ease all concerns.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they seem to be getting things back on track. They had a

Jul 25, 2015, 10:44 PM

Freak show for a while, but things are looking brighter for them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Feaster update

Jul 25, 2015, 10:04 PM

Thank you for the update.

Thank you Mr.Hood.***

Jul 25, 2015, 10:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TU for the Harry Hood reference***

Jul 25, 2015, 10:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Dirty guitar solo followed by another

Jul 25, 2015, 10:20 PM

Thank You, Mr. Hood.

What is Miss Reactionary's name?!!!

Jul 25, 2015, 10:05 PM

Gotta' be a woman behind all this.
I kid, I kid.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

It happens. Kids flip. Life goes on. This

Jul 25, 2015, 10:08 PM

isn't Barry Sanders we are losing for cripes sake. I can't for the life of me figure out why people are surprised by this. The first thing I thought when this kid "committed" was, "I'll believe it when I see him in orange, at Death Valley, at the Spring Game."

A coot that can't figure things out. What else is new?***

Jul 25, 2015, 10:40 PM

Coot?

Jul 25, 2015, 10:43 PM

KYS, loser.

What if Sammy had flipped? Or tajh? Or DW?

Jul 26, 2015, 10:57 AM [ in reply to It happens. Kids flip. Life goes on. This ]

You never know how good or what kind of an impact these kids can have. Losing a commitmemt is no big deal, but missing out on your top recruit for the cycle who happens to be an in state guy would hurt big time. Feaster is a game-changer

Re: What if Sammy had flipped? Or tajh? Or DW?

Jul 26, 2015, 11:00 AM

We won't know that Feaster is a game changer until he plays college level football . He certainly looks the part , passes the wye test . However , the history of CFB is littered with people that were supposed to be sure things .
I agree though , losing him would stink .

DB23

All true and guess what?

Jul 26, 2015, 11:06 PM [ in reply to What if Sammy had flipped? Or tajh? Or DW? ]

There won't be a #### thing you nor I can do about it so why worry? If he comes, he comes. His flipping won't end Clemson football.

Thanks for the update. One thing I am confident of, is that

Jul 25, 2015, 10:10 PM

if Tavien, or any other Clemson commit, should, heaven forbid, have a serious injury this year, Dabo and the Clemson staff would still honor his commitment, and Butch Jones and his staff would not. The Tennessee staff has already burned some bridges in this state by not honoring their word.

Thanks, did any Clemson coaches know about the Tenn

visit ahead of time?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks, did any Clemson coaches know about the Tenn

Jul 25, 2015, 10:29 PM

I think the coaches learned about it after the fact

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh boy.***

Jul 25, 2015, 10:39 PM

If Momma ain't happy, nobody is happy !***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy. Good work Hood!

Jul 25, 2015, 10:14 PM

David, keep this thread at the top so that it is seen by the sky has fallen crowd!!!

David Hood

Jul 25, 2015, 10:19 PM

I love you.

Also, I love you Ms. Tavien's mother.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Thanks for the update DH

Jul 25, 2015, 10:20 PM

I think a few grown men here were about to hang themselves tonight over this kid.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Jul 25, 2015, 10:21 PM

We should know by now, especially from last year with Ray Ray and Cain. When you get commits from big time prospects these type of things are going to happen, but nothing will change. We still got a good 6 months to deal with all the rumors and speculation, I wouldn't get to caught up in it. Feaster is and will be ALL IN with Clemson.

Jul 25, 2015, 10:29 PM

Seriously, thanks Mr Hood.

David, did the Clemson coaches know he was going to

Jul 25, 2015, 10:31 PM

visit? Also, very strange that it was "reactionary" to something not involving Clemson. Thanks for the post of what you found out.

Jul 25, 2015, 10:56 PM

$$$$$$$$$$

Did someone bring home a paper bag?

I am sure we will soon know the verdict.

Well we have a load of rbs that want to play at CLEMSON!

I am sure there will be some good ones that want to play for a championship team!

And will graduate .... academics are important at CLEMSON!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2015, 10:59 PM

Stop stirring the pot coot

Jul 26, 2015, 3:49 AM

I don't like the vidit, but Feaster has been all Clemson to date and I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Recruiting is an ugly game and gets even uglier the higher you move through the rankd, especially when dealing with the SEC and Clemson recruiting high prized recruits while being determined to play clean. We don't have a bag man that I'm aware of. And let's be honest, the only thing some of these teams have on us is the SEC. On a level playing field the only teams that worry me when recruiting head to head are Bama, Auburn, UGA, to a lesser degree Florida, and who I believe has a few bag men, Ole Miss. FSU worries me as well, but I was talking SEC. I think the only thing getting SC any looks from players at or above a 3* is the yesteryear of Spurrier's coaching and the SEC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2015, 10:13 PM

End of the day, if you want to look fine, but if you are looking we are looking. Dabo and co need to have other offers out there to high star rbs

Jul 27, 2015, 12:03 AM

Good stuff

Replies: 33
| visibility 9,298
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic