Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What do you like and dislike about the amenities etc at DV?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1,835

What do you like and dislike about the amenities etc at DV?

Jul 6, 2015, 11:46 AM

anything other schools do that you would like to see Clemson add for a better gameday experience?

Personally, i am beginning to turn on the pass-out rule. With the shortened halftimes, people can't seem to make it back to their seats by kickoff which makes for a very flat atmosphere to the start of the 2nd half. And then there are those who leave and don't bother to come back in. With the increasing popularity of Satellite TVs at tailgates, folks will use any excuse nowadays to hang out in the parking lot. Its too hot, its too cold, or my personal favorite "i've had enough- i need a beer if i'm watching any more of this" (Don't lie - you know someone who left the Syracuse game saying this).

Also, some have complained about the lighting in the top halves to the Upper Decks as the lights at DV are on the sides of the stands rather than on top. This makes the already adventurous stairs in the TDS & TDN hard to see during night games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

keep pass-outs, but if it's no trouble, please eliminate

Jul 6, 2015, 11:48 AM

losses. i don't go to DV for those.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please clarify what you mean by pass-outs.

Jul 6, 2015, 11:51 AM

If you're thinking what I think you are thinking, I see a lot of those in the student section.

Sorry if I'm konflusing you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The sound system is still not what it should be.

Jul 6, 2015, 11:49 AM

It sounds like a cheap car stereo with coaxial speakers and a rattling trunk lid.

That is franc's car you are talking about..

Jul 6, 2015, 11:52 AM

He is going to be mad

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No wonder it rattles. Look at the back end !

Jul 6, 2015, 12:01 PM

correct- and they "fixed" the problem a few years back

Jul 6, 2015, 12:02 PM [ in reply to The sound system is still not what it should be. ]

i guess blasting the Black Eyed Peas between every down put a hurting on them already

Best Is The Standard

No sound in the west end zone so they play

Jul 6, 2015, 12:32 PM

It ridiculous loud to compensate. People in the west don't think it is loud enough and the people in the east walk away with bleeding air drums.

No system in the world will sound great constantly peaked. Need some speakers in the west.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

That seems to be dependent on where you sit

Jul 6, 2015, 3:31 PM [ in reply to The sound system is still not what it should be. ]

I've been in seats where it sounds like an 80s Honda Accord with a overcharged amp, and I've been in sections where it is clear as a bell.

I'm no sound engineer, but I would imagine retrofitting a stadium like DV would be very difficult. There are really only 2 spaces where we could put speakers and that is in both endzones.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they need to convert at least one of the Women's rooms back to a Men's room

Jul 6, 2015, 11:52 AM

The lines are ridiculous.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

What happens if that Jenner person ever comes to a game in DV ?***

Jul 6, 2015, 11:56 AM

Think it pees whatever it wants--

One of the benefits I am told

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it should pick whichever line is shorter.***

Jul 6, 2015, 12:10 PM [ in reply to What happens if that Jenner person ever comes to a game in DV ?*** ]

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: it should pick whichever line is shorter.***

Jul 6, 2015, 12:12 PM

So the line that Bob is in?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: What do you like and dislike about the amenities etc at DV?

Jul 6, 2015, 11:54 AM

Ban tailgating. That will get the folks to stay in the stadium.

Btw - I'm glad you brought this argument up again. We need to debate it again before the season starts. Not like last time when it was mid-season and the damage was already done. It's a good strategy ... start telling people what to do with their time before the season start.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i thought so. maybe fans will start calling out those that

leave and don't come back. i'm sure someone wants their ticket that will gladly stay the entire game and cheer.

Best Is The Standard

Jul 6, 2015, 11:55 AM

NEED MORE/LARGER EXHAUST FANS IN THE BATHROOMS!!! HEAT IS UNBEARABLE IN THE MENS ROOMS IN THE EARLY SEASON.

Remove all partitions in the

Jul 6, 2015, 12:00 PM

men's room.

Signed,

GWPTiger

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

The atmosphere in top deck north fizzles 5 mins into

Jul 6, 2015, 12:28 PM

The game so it isn't a big loss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

By "atmosphere", are you referring to "stratosphere"?***

Jul 6, 2015, 12:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Jul 6, 2015, 12:30 PM

Sound system is a joke for a stadium of our caliber, we need an upgrade there. Of course we could always put in a 90 yd scoreboard like auburn

I'd like to purchase alcohol.***

Jul 6, 2015, 12:57 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dislike the orange seats ... each is wider than

Jul 6, 2015, 1:17 PM

the seat space it's suppose to be occupying. By themselves individually, each is only an inch or so of encroachment, but if a row has 8-10 of them, that foot of space is robbed from your designated seating area.

I also dislike the ear splitting volume of the PA system.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is 100% accurate

Jul 6, 2015, 2:58 PM

I always wondered what they would do with an entire row of seat backs.

Jul 6, 2015, 2:13 PM

I remember sending a couple suggestions to whoever was on the "fan experience" board or whatever they called it a few months back. One of the major suggestions I had was to pipe in the radio broadcast underneath the stands and in the restrooms so that fans could keep track of the game at all times. (Piping in the TV audio would be fine too but I bet there's licensing issues surrounding that.)

On that same note, it'd be fabulous if they'd install additional TVs above the bathroom doors, like they have above the concession stands--that way we could watch the game while standing in those crazy long lines.

The mist-blowing fans are great, as is the free water at the first aid stations. I just happen to be in Section S which is adjacent to a first aid station, so the water is easy to get to--they need to expand this practice and put water coolers in other places under the seats.

The free golf cart from the stadium back to one's parking spot (or as close as they can get anyway) has been a lifesaver several times when my dad (who has bad knees) could not physically make the walk.

I don't like the ridiculous prices on all the concessions. I spend upwards of $60/game just on drinks and snacks for myself and 2 kids. That's crazy.

Keep pass outs, start selling beer at the concession stands

Jul 6, 2015, 3:10 PM

You will see most people that are of legal age will gladly purchase a $7 tall boy (or two) instead of walking back to their cars.

Take care of two issues at once and make some extra bucks for the concession stand, that way they could lower prices on the other drinks and food a buck or two.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Love the passouts (and halftime is longer now)

Jul 6, 2015, 3:25 PM

Its quicker to go out of the stadium to grab a coke and go to a portajohn than wait in line for concessions and the bathroom.

They need to bring back the troughs in the bathrooms. And they need to speed up the concession process at half. I can remember when they used to have cokes lined up at the concession stands. It was a pay, grab and move. Now they have nothing ready until when someone orders. I think you can anticipate that you are going to sell a bunch of cokes and diet cokes and be ready.

As far as speeding up the process of getting to your seats, if this was before last year, I would say speed up the ticket gates. They couldn't figure out the scanning stuff. It seemed to get a little better last season. But I still question if the ushers need to be looking at tickets in each portal, especially when the vast majority of folks in that section are season ticket holders. That really bottlenecks everyone at the portals.

Exactly, even if you waste a few Cokes due to

Jul 6, 2015, 3:34 PM

the ice melting, you'll still speed up the process at halftime tremendously. A fountain soda is only like 8 cents worth of product as long as you don't throw away the "souvenir cup" Lol.

And no I did not say "doo doo ice" HTH.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Replies: 27
| visibility 1,835
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic