Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My guess is that we pick up more commits during the all in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

My guess is that we pick up more commits during the all in

Jun 17, 2015, 5:34 PM

cookout. Who do you think will be the next football commit?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My guess is that we pick up more commits during the all in

Jun 17, 2015, 5:35 PM

depends, is Kathleen making her cornbread this time?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it helps, then I hope so. lol***

Jun 17, 2015, 5:36 PM

Re: If it helps, then I hope so. lol***

Jun 17, 2015, 5:39 PM

then me too. ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe Overton, Reeves, or Simpson....

Jun 17, 2015, 5:52 PM

Parker Boudreaux is about to announce his Top 5 finalist, per his Twitter account. I like our chances with him and I'd say it's between Clemson, ND, and Oklahoma with Florida also getting a look.

As you probably know, Chandler Reeves is down to Clemson and GT. He recently visited GT with his parents and I think he'll bring em' up to Clemson soon. He's stated that he'd like to announce prior to the start of the season or even sooner.

Landing a commitment from OL John Simpson would he huge. He's said we're atop his list but he's still going to make trips to LSU, Tenn, and a few others. Clemson and Bama are the ones to beat for his services. Bringing in guys like Pollard and Simpson will certainly help us sway some other top athletes because the elites like to play with other elites.

We appear the ones to beat for WR Diondre Overton. He'll camp at Tennessee, a trip that his father scheduled, and we may know something sooner rather than later. Remember, he's a close friend of Clemson commit Cornell Powell. Landing both of these guys will be huge and could impact our 2017 class. Building a pipeline of WRs from NC could help us land star 2017 WR JT Cauthen (who I am really high on). All he did was have 104 receptions for 1,464 yards and 15 TDs. Later he was named a MaxPreps Sophomore All-American. I have bios for all these folks so let me know if anybody is interested in that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe Overton, Reeves, or Simpson....

Jun 17, 2015, 6:15 PM

Talked to a teammate of Overton's today and he thinks he'll commit to Clemson soon.

Thanks for the info. I'd love to see Simpson commit to us.

Jun 17, 2015, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Maybe Overton, Reeves, or Simpson.... ]

I'd also like to see the bios.

Do you think Reeves is a project? What role do you see him

Jun 17, 2015, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Maybe Overton, Reeves, or Simpson.... ]

having?

Re: Do you think Reeves is a project? What role do you see him

Jun 17, 2015, 7:31 PM

For starters, he'll definitely need to add some bulk to him but I don't think that should be a problem. Going into his sophomore year he was around 210 and now going into his senior year he's around 260. Our strength and nutrition program will certainly help out with that. I've seen guys come in at 215 and leave close to 270. Reeves has mentioned that his favorite food is steak and I can bet he'll get a full dose of protein if he selects Clemson.

Perhaps it would be brash to expect him to start from day one. However I will say that I like his footwork and fundamentals. Reeves is solid from a technique perspective. He plays low which is often a lost art at the high school level. Another thing he has going for him is that his coach schedules tough competition for the out of region games. If I remember correctly, they play teams that are in a higher division or classification. So his film next season should give you a pretty good gauge of what to expect. I'm interested in seeing how he does against better programs. To be honest, he's a prospect that doesn't have much out there but nonetheless, I'll search high and low for it.

Thanks***

Jun 17, 2015, 7:40 PM

Jun 17, 2015, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Maybe Overton, Reeves, or Simpson.... ]

I would love to see Cauthen's bio if you have it handy. Thanks for putting together such detailed recruiting lists!

Jun 17, 2015, 8:37 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1456462&messageID=17214166 Not at my office but this link may help. Scroll down to where I post "2017 Offense." If it isn't the link I'll try it later.

Jun 17, 2015, 11:53 PM

Perfect. Thanks!

Appreciate your interest so here I'll spoil ya.....

Jun 18, 2015, 12:48 AM

You probably already read the JT Cauthen bio and I'm not sure if it's been updated since then. What I can tell you is that we are definitely very high, if not atop his list. In short communication I get the feeling that he genuinely wants to come to Clemson. I don't generally like to do comparisons but that's what I get asked all the time. I'd say he reminds me of Nuk. That's extremely high praise but I think it seems fair in several regards. He's a guy that might not necessarily burn you but he's going to pluck the ball out of the air. If an opposing defense sleeps on him he'll burn em'. Cauthen has a way of making seemingly short gains turn into long plays. He's a competitor. I know it's early in the process but he's shown me plenty of upside for an outside receiver.

If Overton doesn't commit after the cookout

Jun 17, 2015, 8:14 PM

Something has gone wrong.

Simpson may drag out a little while longer. But I would not be shocked to see him drop during or even before the cookout.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: If Overton doesn't commit after the cookout

Jun 18, 2015, 7:19 PM

Tiger, I would consider it a personal favor if you would use your wide ranging sources to help convince Rashan Gary to come to Clemson. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ I'm with this guy

Jun 18, 2015, 10:32 PM

Gary would be a great get

Ya Think?

Jun 17, 2015, 8:18 PM

Doesn't that usually happen?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Yeah, so who's your guess as to the next one.***

Jun 17, 2015, 8:27 PM

Jun 17, 2015, 11:59 PM

Overton

Jun 18, 2015, 1:08 AM

I think if we get Tre Lamar to the All In Cookout he may commit as well. Things with him have been kinda quiet lately, and I think that's a good thing for us. Outside of Lamar, I see Simpson and Overton pulling the trigger...one or both may already be silent commits. I have a feeling Parker will drag it out closer to Novemebr or December, however the offer to Reeves makes me question where we really stand with Parker. At one point I was definite we pulled ahead...now, not so much. Hopefully I'm wrong

Maybe he's waiting to watch the ND beat down in DV....***

Jun 18, 2015, 6:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have not read much lately about Lamar. That would be a

Jun 18, 2015, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: My guess is that we pick up more commits during the all in ]

nice pick up. I agree about Parker. Our last OL offer had me wondering where we stood with him to. Hopefully Dabo and Co can still get him. He, Simpson, and Pollard would make for a good OL haul.

Not sure who will be next to commit but...

Jun 19, 2015, 9:04 PM

We need some more DT and D Linemen that can inflict some damage at the Front 7 positions. We are mighty thin there at those positions. So it baffles me on why we are recruiting so many Offensive Linemen at the moment. We need Defensive Linemen.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

We are most definitely recruiting D linemen

Jun 19, 2015, 9:17 PM

Just we are most likely only taking 2 DTs so we are being selective (almost certain lead for Nyles Pinckney and going after Rashaun Gary and Dexter Lawerence) and all of them are taking their recruitment slow. The same situation for DE. Just because we aren't getting constant d-line commitments, doesn't mean we are recruiting the position.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic