Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know I'm gonna hate myself for getiing into this mess
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I know I'm gonna hate myself for getiing into this mess

May 23, 2015, 7:35 PM

Folks, Dabo is a big boy. He can take care of himself, and I expect him to represent Clemson and his faith with honor wherever he goes and speaks. He has every right to speak where he wishes. I, however wish he wasn't speaking at this fund raiser.I am not a liberal, I am a moderate and have voted both ways. However,
I am a Christian and I do NOT feel this is a Christian issue. I used to work for the State of SC and live in Columbia. My job took me into the State House and around politicians and LOBBYISTS many times. And that is what I think that Palmetto Family Council is, lobbyists for a far right wing agenda of social engineering, hiding behind a false veneer of a Christian group. I personally do not care whether gay people get marries or not, and I can't for the life of me see how it affects my 20+ year heterosexual marriage, my belief in God, or takes away a single right of mine. Actually, I wonder if they will enjoy it that much when they find out about divorce courts, community property, and divided assets. They might not realize how good they had it when they could just walk away. My two cents.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know I'm gonna hate myself for getiing into this mess

May 23, 2015, 8:05 PM

Your probably right and should have left it alone.If your ok ,as you say you are ,why would you criticize Dabo for being the way he is. The way you feel about a particular group is fine and if someone else feels the opposite why are you worried enough to criticize

May 23, 2015, 8:07 PM

It's like I used to tell people. I feel that gay people should be allowed to marry. I mean, why should us heteros have to be the only ones to suffer through it.( That is a joke. I have been happily married for 43 years)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2015, 8:07 PM

thanks for the unsolicited autobiography. lol

that was a good one!***

May 24, 2015, 12:03 PM

May 23, 2015, 10:32 PM

Well said.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

you should

May 24, 2015, 7:57 AM

Its the gay marriage advocates that are social engineering, using the government to push an agenda.
Look what they'vedone to bakeries or pizza joints in podunksvills that dont want to comply. The political arm of this has nothing to do with love or cohabitation of people. It's using judges to change society. Or need I remind you that gay amendments have lost time and again (even in California!) yet its being foisted on the public by the judiciary.
Wake up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is that you Jim Crow?

May 24, 2015, 8:41 AM

'cause that's the mindset of legal descrimination.

if a business is open to the public, it should be open to the public.. period

yet again, the conservatives are on the wrong side of history

http://www.pollingreport.com/civil.htm

http://www.gallup.com/poll/117328/marriage.aspx

and look what Catholic Ireland did:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/23/europe/ireland-referendum-same-sex-marriage/

Right. D@mn judiciary. Enforcing the equal protection

May 24, 2015, 8:50 AM [ in reply to you should ]

clause of the Constitution is just way out of bounds.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exept

May 24, 2015, 11:03 AM

when it isn't.

Re: Exept

May 24, 2015, 11:13 AM

This is 2015 , ANY type of discrimination should be frowned upon . Don't want " those types " with " their agendas " in a business or on a street you walk on ? Move to Iraq or Afghanistan .
What short sighted people like you don't understand is that progress and change are unstoppable and the natural way of this human evolution .
To sit there and think that some gay couple eating at your pizza joint is harming you is just ignorance . He// , it's worse than ignorance .
Enjoy the feeling of disturbance in your force man ...got a lotta more coming where that came from.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Exept

May 24, 2015, 11:53 AM

An unborn baby isn't hurting anybody either but most Democrats are ok with abortion.

OK with it? so is the vast majority of the public

May 24, 2015, 1:19 PM

depending on the circumstances (timing being most critical)

the percentage of folks who think abortion should always be illegal has never, ever come close to a majority in the last 40 years

those who say it should always be illegal stayed (at the most) at 20 ? 25%

Re: you should

May 24, 2015, 1:27 PM [ in reply to you should ]

That's the role of the court system. It's there to protect the rights of the minority from the majority.

Without the courts your football team would be a lot less athletic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

My neighbors are a gay couple. Both successful and been living together for years,

May 24, 2015, 2:42 PM

So would it negatively affect my life or anyone elses if they were allowed to get married? No. I dont care. I dont understand the people that care so much about this that they openly lobby against it. Its not like if gay marriage is legal that hoards of gay people are going to pop out of the woods and start marrying each other and have flamboyant gay pride parades in downtown Greenville. Its such a non issue.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic