Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
where are all the Jack haters now...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1,070

where are all the Jack haters now...

May 22, 2015, 9:02 AM

That FSU has knocked us out of the championship?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they're all working for the weekend. .***

May 22, 2015, 9:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

^^^ pulled for unc & now regrets it...***

May 22, 2015, 9:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep ... just not enough Holy Water to go around.

May 22, 2015, 11:23 AM

I tried scrubbing with Lava soap, but I still feel dirty for pulling for them last night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

don't lie, you thought the unc tee you were sportin' brought

May 22, 2015, 2:10 PM

out the blue in your eyes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a Jack hater, but...

May 22, 2015, 9:26 AM

I think it's time to replace him. However, I don't expect Drad to convince him to "retire" this year.
Go Tigers!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you don't seem to understand....

May 22, 2015, 9:32 AM

a few wins right at the end of the season allows all of the true fans to taunt and ridicule you for any criticism you have of the baseball program whether your criticism is reasonable or not.

Quit trashing your team!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ima don't need a few wins at the end of the year

May 22, 2015, 9:36 AM

to taunt & ridicule the morans.

i do that for free...

lawd knows the ship is full of em***

May 22, 2015, 9:39 AM

she lists more than a wee bit to port...

May 22, 2015, 9:48 AM

that's left for the nautically challenged.

;)

Actually a few wins at the end of multiple seasons only

May 22, 2015, 9:51 AM [ in reply to you don't seem to understand.... ]

harms the program even more because it gives a coward like DRad just enough reason to leave Jack in place. The longer Jack stays the further the program will sink. Jack has little to do with these late season flourishes. These happen because the players come together in an effort to restore a little pride.

The reality is, unless we win the ACC Tourney or get to the CWS, a late season runs only does a few things ...

1. Give pumpers a reason to look silly
2. Give weak feckless AD's an opportunity to sit on their hands
3. Give the players a little restored pride

When it happens at the end of the occasional weak season it's a great story. A positive thing. But when it happens repeatedly it makes the players and coach look even worse.

null

Sort of reminds you of the Tommy Bowden era...

May 22, 2015, 10:40 AM

doesn't it?
Go Tigers!!

Re: DRAD is a cancer in the program. He screwed up with

May 22, 2015, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Actually a few wins at the end of multiple seasons only ]

his little tete-a-tete, last year.

People agree with this poster 75% of the time. Jack would

May 22, 2015, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Actually a few wins at the end of multiple seasons only ]

kill for those numbers.

nm

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Thanks for reminding me!!***

May 22, 2015, 10:37 AM [ in reply to you don't seem to understand.... ]

I just don't believe there are ANY Jack-haters, we just want

May 22, 2015, 9:31 AM

our program to be better than it is right now.

criticism or dissatisfaction = hate

May 22, 2015, 9:35 AM

It's the tnet way. Don't try to run from it.

Re: criticism or dissatisfaction = hate

May 22, 2015, 10:15 AM

When it's repeated ad nauseoum it is not simple dissatisfaction and most of the dissatisfaction is based on irrational expectations or misinformed judgements. "Decline, decline, decline!!!" I posted a graph showing that Clemson has held their position in the division and suffered the exact same decline over time in wins as every other member except for newly admitted Lousiville. "Irrelevant!! Why didn't you include more teams until your chart would validate my point of view!"

Here's another fact that would strongly dispute the "constant decline boo hoo hoo." Of the last 10 national champs in baseball - Vanderbilt, UCLA, South Carolina, Arizona, LSU, Fresno State, Oregon State, Texas, Cal Fullerton, and Rice - only one, ONE, has made the post season more times in the previous 21 completed season. Only 4 - LSU, Cal Fullerton, Rice, and Texas - have made it to the CWS more times in that span of time. Any arguments about some grand dramatic decline are completely unfounded. Jack Leggett has not only one of the very best track records for making it into the postseason in the history of college baseball (something the fans of this program take completely for granted and do not recognize as the accomplishment it is) he is also one of the very best at advancing his teams in the postseason. Period, end of story. Anything else is sour grapes about South Carolina's trophies, nothing more. And it is pathetic for Clemson or its fans to ever let South Carolina dictate it's course of action.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

from where i sit, the taunting from both sides is equal

May 22, 2015, 11:03 AM

in verve and just as equally absurd.

i admire what scar accomplished with a tremendous emphasis on their program. i'd like to have seen what clemson would/could have done with a significant[$30-35 million] investment in 2009-10. we know it has not been equal.

still, it seems unreasonable to find comfort in a list of other teams' declines[your graph] then "curse" those that use scar[or any team] as a measuring stick or that hold scar up as reason for change.

myself, i care little for other programs save head to head where clemson seems to have suffered versus the unc, uva, scar and others in clemson's "peer" group. that does not mean there aren't tangible reasons beyond jack for the decline.

i also understand more might have changed in the world than simply jack's ability to manage it.

Hater.

May 22, 2015, 11:06 AM

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

haha... i know

May 22, 2015, 11:09 AM

i'm the worst of us and <3 me for it.

;)

happy friday, WCUD!

Re: from where i sit, the taunting from both sides is equal

May 22, 2015, 11:24 AM [ in reply to from where i sit, the taunting from both sides is equal ]

But my point is that if you are truly objective about our situation that what Jack has done is actually pretty amazing. The only decline is in his overall win percentages. But that is rather well explained by the NCAAs concerted efforts to bring parity to the sport. That is reflected in the overall trend of most teams except for the smaller conference beneficiaries and a handful of programs that have made massive investments in their baseball program - like SCar and Virginia. I find no comfort in my chart of decline - my chart refuted that their is such a decline. Simply counting wins is meaningless. The wins count simply for making the postseason. If we're continuously making the postseason - something I hope I've demonstrated is not the cakewalk so many believe - then we haven't declined within the most important measure of success. And if we have - it's only in breaking his pattern of getting to the CWS with clockwork regularity, of which he's currently off by one year.

When Chad Holbrook was brought to South Carolina from North Carolina he was regarded as one the very best assistants in the game. While at South Carolina he turned heading coach jobs at major schools like Tennessee as it became understood that he was, at least unofficially, the head coach in waiting at South Carolina. What has happened there in the last three years? This is a team that had everything. Back to back championships, the nicest facilities in the state and possibly the nicest in all of college baseball, consecutive top 5 recruiting class. They'll be sitting home. Even with seemingly everything against him, including the fan base, Jack has found away (in all likelihood) to work his way into the post season. If this was so easy to and as disregardable as so many want to believe, then that list of previous champions would have all done it.

If Clemson caves and replaces Jack we will, at best, get a coach with a pedigree similar to Chad Holbrook. We're going to abandon a coach who is only outperformed by the most elite coaches in the business. It simply makes no sense.

i don't have any issue with coach leggett, personally or

May 22, 2015, 1:28 PM

professionally, but i disagree with the notion there has not been a decline.

the numbers i've seen[mentioned earlier] vs our "peer" group are at the heart of it. i did not question those numbers just as i've not questioned yours... for one, the acc has added programs that have allowed clemson to cover some of the setbacks vs that group.

the "symptoms" of the decline fall in regionals hosted[yes, clemson bought some of those in the past, but most were earned] & regional/tournament seeding, which should they continue will lend to the issue of the "one year off" in cws appearance you mentioned. making the tournament as 1 of 16 and making the tournament as among the last added are worlds apart. is it nice to maintain a run of ncaa appearances? sure, but there's decline there.

i'm a fan of the man and the coach. he's been nothing, but gracious to my family and i think he's a heck of a front man for the program. i've maintained that the clemson program has relied on two names for many years, jack leggett & clemson baseball, much of the latter built by jack himself.

i'm glad clemson is stepping up in some areas; it's long overdue. i'd not flinch if the cuad moves to give jack time to run a clemson program with more oars in the water.

Absolutely true, and I criticize and am dissatisfied with that.***

May 22, 2015, 10:41 AM [ in reply to criticism or dissatisfaction = hate ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am not a Jack hater....but there definitely been a

May 22, 2015, 11:21 AM

downward trend in the last 5 seasons. Just sayin ;)

Re: He tends to coast until the heat is turned up. Not good***

May 22, 2015, 11:35 AM

So we're now blaming Jack because UNC lost to FSU?

May 22, 2015, 2:43 PM

What the h*ll - we might as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1,070
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic