Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bigger disappointment this year, Basketball or Baseball?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Bigger disappointment this year, Basketball or Baseball?

Apr 27, 2015, 5:18 PM

I nominate Baseball

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bigger disappointment this year, Basketball or Baseball?

Apr 27, 2015, 5:19 PM

Baseball I knew Basketball would be tough as soon as KJ left.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

yeah, I knew Basketball faced an uphill battle...Brad's a

Apr 27, 2015, 5:29 PM

good coach, but clearly not HOF...Baseball, on the other hand, doesn't have the same long list of excuses basketball has...Poor facilities, lack of tradition/fan support, Non-HOF coaching...### happened?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeah, I knew Basketball faced an uphill battle...Brad's a

Apr 27, 2015, 5:36 PM

I was expecting the same thing out of Baseball this year as years past....

Play poor fundamental baseball beat teams we out talent lose more times than not to the teams we dont out talent. Make post season maybe make a run lose eventually due to poor fundamentals. Rinse and repeat that has been Clemson Baseball under Leggett. Good/Great but never elite.

This year has just been awful though.

null

Re: yeah, I knew Basketball faced an uphill battle...Brad's a

Apr 27, 2015, 6:48 PM [ in reply to yeah, I knew Basketball faced an uphill battle...Brad's a ]

JACK HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it is 100% on Jack

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both were par for the course.***

Apr 27, 2015, 5:23 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Golf was not a choice.

Apr 27, 2015, 5:26 PM

FAIL!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

that juan doesn't follow directions well.***

Apr 27, 2015, 5:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how's that fence?***

Apr 27, 2015, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Both were par for the course.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No fence with baseball. Definitely understand giving

Apr 27, 2015, 5:33 PM

Brownlee another year or 2.

null

sure, they had to make a decision after '13-14 with the reno

Apr 27, 2015, 5:37 PM

to lj looming.

you're just an equally disappointed kind of guy.

Oh no, I'm good. We'll get to see if the reno to LJ

Apr 27, 2015, 5:57 PM

will reap benefits and Brownlee rights the path. And we get to see where our baseball program is headed under a new regime.

null

haha, true; now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Apr 27, 2015, 6:03 PM

the 2014-15 basketball & baseball seasons.

We have a fencing team?

Apr 27, 2015, 6:22 PM [ in reply to how's that fence?*** ]

SMH

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Yes.***

Apr 27, 2015, 5:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Baseball!

Apr 27, 2015, 5:25 PM

No changes made-same type of season. As far as Basketball I still think BB will finish good in recruiting and we will be better next year in the ACC standings.

Re: Baseball!

Apr 27, 2015, 5:36 PM

I think that is my biggest disappointment. They gave lip service to going around getting new ideas and doing something different. Then they seemed to do the same stuff that didnt work before to even worse results. Pretty clear changes are needed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I second that nomination.

Apr 27, 2015, 5:27 PM

All those in favor, say "Aye".

All those opposed, likewise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Without a doubt baseball***

Apr 27, 2015, 5:35 PM

The fishing team.

If you weren't paying attention last year, baseball

If you're a realist, both were about what you thought it would be. If you're me, both are supremely disappointing in the face of all logic and reasoning. Because we're CLEMSON, and we deserve to be great.

Didn't expect us to be very good in either, but baseball

Apr 27, 2015, 7:18 PM

would have to be the bigger disappointment because i'm so accustomed, historically, to us having mediocre to bad seasons in basketball. This is a more recent trend in baseball.

Baseball

Apr 27, 2015, 5:44 PM

I knew when KJ declared for the draft that basketball would suffer, and above .500 is actually better than I expected from basketball. I was actually optimistic about the baseball team. So, they are the disappointment to me. Any time you are ranked to start the season, and then are getting beat by lower level schools, then its bad. But at least they beat Usuc, so there's that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And, UNC, which we haven't done in a long time.

Apr 27, 2015, 5:45 PM

But, the state of Georgia owns us. :(

I second your nomination. Got to give Brad a few more years.***

Apr 27, 2015, 6:01 PM

Basketball.

Apr 27, 2015, 6:02 PM

Everybody was expecting a bad year from baseball. Plus, I'm not a fan of baseball.

I didn't think we would fall so far in basketball after losing just one player. Even with McDaniels leaving, I thought Hall, Nnoko, Blossomgame, Roper, Smith, Djitte, Ajukwa and Harrison would all get better and we would at least be no worse and maybe make The Tournament in year 5 of the Brownell era. Everybody said Rooks was going to be the shooter we needed after redshirting.

But, it didn't work out that way and they were both pretty disapointing.

Apr 27, 2015, 6:38 PM

b aBaseball

Apr 27, 2015, 6:47 PM

BASEBALL by a mile!!!!!!!!! one of the factors about this horrible baseball season that make it even more hopeless is that Jack is still the coach!!If we keep Jack recruiting will continue to go downhill!!
There in not one element of baseball that our team is good @. hitting is poor.fielding is poor. baserunning is just plain pitiful. The team just gives very poor effort.All of this is 100% on Jack!

I'm not sure why basketball would be considered a disappointment

Apr 27, 2015, 7:15 PM

since we finished ahead of where we were predicted in the preseason, and unexpectedly lost our best player in the last 20 years to the NBA.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

KJ was awesome, but our best player in the last 20 years?

Apr 28, 2015, 1:39 PM

If you mean strictly based upon pro potential, he's up there. But what about Trevor Booker? KC Rivers? Greg Buckner??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re:Baseball by far.***

Apr 27, 2015, 7:27 PM

Baseball Once Again

Apr 27, 2015, 7:29 PM

Its been heading to the cellar for a long time.

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Re: Baseball Once Again

Apr 27, 2015, 7:31 PM

great post.. absolutely agree!! we are already about #5 in SC!!! how low does Drad want us to go????????????

no question baseball, who expected us to do more in

Apr 27, 2015, 7:35 PM

basketball? and give valid answers as to why. You do see the competition we go up against in basketball right? Anything NIT and above will be a feat in the coming years

baseball...no excuse.

baseball by far ... at least with basketball the Tigers

Apr 27, 2015, 8:06 PM

still finished the season higher in the conference rankings than predicted preseason. The baseball team continues to receive preseason hype and fails to live up to it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Basketball

Apr 27, 2015, 8:27 PM

The baseball team has met my expectations and will continue to do so as long as Mr. Leggett is the head coach.

baseball by a county mile

Apr 27, 2015, 8:31 PM

Low expectations for basketball. For some reason I thought baseball would be improved with some of the promising young players coming in and Leggett being put on notice. Instead, the teams lacks focus and discipline. This is not acceptable for Clemson baseball.

Re: baseball by a county mile

Apr 27, 2015, 8:32 PM

Baseball.

Absolutely!***

Apr 27, 2015, 8:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Apr 27, 2015, 8:53 PM

That's not a fair question because their both as bad as one another - We need to move on with updated new coaches and approaches in both of these sports...and where is our Women's Softball Team? - It's
about time there, too! Come on, DRad!!!!! Let's get with it!!!!

Apr 27, 2015, 11:06 PM

Basketball. There was a bigger gap between what I thought they were capable of and what they ultimately failed to achieve.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both, but I had higher hopes for baseball.***

Apr 27, 2015, 11:08 PM

Apr 27, 2015, 11:20 PM

Basketball.

Baseball isn't over and has accomplished one of my two goals for them - beat USC. The other is win a regional. The jury is out on that. Baseball is a postseason sport, so I never get too caught up in any single game from the regular season. The Fire Leggett stuff is something I am just numb to as well. Maybe it is orange colored glasses, but given our starters, we have a chance with some luck.

The disappointing part of basketball is that we barely met exceedingly low expectations. It is one of 2 sports that turns a profit, and right now not even making the NIT while returning 4 starters isn't disappointing to people. That bothers me about the state of the program.

I nominate

Apr 28, 2015, 1:36 PM

@aerozeptallica

's posting performance.

It certainly leaves a lot to be desired.

neither is surprising. Baseball as we haven't been this bad

Apr 28, 2015, 7:19 PM

In baseball very often

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C) Our University's level of funding and enthusiasm for both.

Apr 28, 2015, 7:47 PM

Neither will get where we want until that happens.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic