Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shameik Blackshear update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 4,760

Shameik Blackshear update

Apr 17, 2015, 4:08 PM

April 17, 2015
Shameik Blackshear update & several other notes
By Phil Kornblut
Picture
Shameik Blackshear
Click for larger image

USC signee DE Shameik Blackshear of Bluffton will have a bench trial on Tuesday morning at the Bluffton Municipal Court his attorney said Friday. Blackshear is facing a misdemeanor petit larceny charge dating back to February. The maximum penalty upon conviction in the case is a fine of not more than $1000 or imprisonment of not more than 30 days at the discretion of the judge.

"We initially had demanded a jury trial but because Shameik is scheduled to report to USC on the 30th of May and they start summer training at that point and time, we did not want to run the risk of this thing being delayed any longer," said Thomas C. Moore, Blackshear's attorney. "We have asked for what is known as a bench trial or a trial by judge and that will happen next Tuesday morning. We did not want any further delay. We just need to get this done and get this behind him. This young man deserves to be exonerated and hopefully we'll have the case put behind him by Tuesday."

A source connected with the situation expressed doubts Thursday about Blackshear being able to enroll at USC this summer citing the case and other issues with the player. The source was not speaking in any official capacity. Moore, however, is optimistic Blackshear will be able to join the Gamecocks this summer.

"We have pled not guilty and we intent to put on a vigorous defense," Moore said. "He intends to vigorously defend the case on Tuesday. Certainly, if he is found not guilty, there is no reason in the world he should not be completely looked upon by every person in this state as not guilty and welcomed at South Carolina."

The trial is set to begin at 9:00 AM and Moore said ordinarily a decision from the judge would be rendered the same day.
Blackshear was charged with stealing about $1400 dollars worth of items in a safe and purse he allegedly took from a home he was visiting on February 7th in Mill Creek.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20150417/PSPORTS02/150419730

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So...in other words

Apr 17, 2015, 4:18 PM

They are going to lie to get him off?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

coot judge???

Apr 17, 2015, 4:39 PM

I ll bet his lawyer is a coot

Re: coot judge???

Apr 17, 2015, 5:20 PM

I knew Spurrier would not pull his scholarship. Murder or rape is about the only thing he will pull one for after all the decommitments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^Misspelled "decootments"...^^^^^***

Apr 18, 2015, 8:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^^^Misspelled "decootments"...^^^^^***

Apr 18, 2015, 11:10 PM

Spud is that really a gift ? I mean at this point , having to watch 7 Coot football games would just about discourage a fan from ever wanting to see a game again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

"and we intent" sounds like a coot grad.***

Apr 17, 2015, 6:38 PM [ in reply to coot judge??? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Shameik Blackshear update

Apr 17, 2015, 6:14 PM

all he needs to do is hire the same legal team that ensured ol' jameis' innocence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 17, 2015, 6:46 PM

no justice in this case!they will get a c$$t judge and a c$$t attorney and the end result will be that the police will have to issue him a formal apology!! just wait

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2015, 7:19 PM

> no justice in this case!they will get a c$$t judge
> and a c$$t attorney and the end result will be that
> the police will have to issue him a formal apology!!
> just wait

This stuff has a way of coming around. I remember very well the case of KC Mainord...who got thrown off campus during his official visit at Alabama when he was caught stealing a student's purse...on the way home, he committed to Lou Holtz via phone and Holtz, of course, was only too happy to write the whole thing off as a "misunderstanding". When next we heard from Mainord, as a freshman, he was getting arrested - along with senior DE Moe Thompson, who had never been in any kind of trouble before - for burglarizing the dorm room of some co-eds there at South Carolina. So not only did Mainord blow up - as was predictable - he took a guy who had NFL in his future down with him. Which is what happens when one bad apple gets in...as they say, one bad apple can ruin the bunch.

Blackshear has a very similar history.

South Carolina has the right to admit who they want, as long as the young man's legal issues are resolved. It's a risk/reward calculation...will this young man's talent outweigh the possible consequences to the team and the University if he were to misbehave again? It's on Spurrier - and USC admissions - to make that determination. You don't want to miss on a good kid just because he did something stupid. The problem is, is he a good kid? His history makes that...questionable. To say the least. And stuff like this has a way of going very, very bad...as happened with Alabama just a couple weeks ago, when DT Jonathan Taylor was arrested yet again for domestic violence...after getting kicked off UGA for exactly the same thing. Saban and Alabama very much wound up with egg all over their faces over that one...and unfortunately, another woman got abused by a football player at a time when the public is getting very tired of that kind of crap.

I know they need pass-rushers. But given Blackshear's history...I dunno. I'd be inclined to pass on him (and I'm a little surprised Spurrier is not) no matter how talented he was...which is also an open question, since he suffered a major knee injury his senior year, and reports about his work ethic and coachability have also been less than glowing. And my suspicion is, if the Gamecocks were to pass on Blackshear, his only takers would be the usual places like Louisville and Memphis.

I'd be very surprised if this gamble turns out well.

Apr 17, 2015, 10:45 PM

I'm sure I read somewhere that Taylors girlfriend is now changing her story and saying he didn't beat her. That's real lucky for that program. Best DT getting exonerated and restoring Sabans good name.

Apr 18, 2015, 10:23 AM

Who is Shameik Blackqueer?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots say the NEXT Clowney***

Apr 18, 2015, 10:29 AM

Re: Coots say the NEXT Clowney***

Apr 18, 2015, 10:33 AM

Ahh so he won't be playing much then...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots say the NEXT Clowney***

Apr 18, 2015, 10:43 AM

So he comes resplendent with excuses and character issues . Got it.
Isn't that on their scholarship paperwork at USuCk?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

In other news, " Low Country Judge cannot believe his good

Apr 18, 2015, 3:45 PM

fortune. In Friday morning's mail,he received 7 home tickets in Coach Spurrier's sky box for the 2015 season".

Replies: 15
| visibility 4,760
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic