Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Coach Brownell have any interest in Tevin Mack?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Does Coach Brownell have any interest in Tevin Mack?

Apr 16, 2015, 9:17 AM

A number of other schools including SC, Oklahoma State, North Carolina, Georgia, Texas and Alabama have all contacted his mom, but Clemson has not.

Can he play defense or is he just a scorer?

Could he help us next year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that'd be like him ready to play for a Ferrari to playing

Apr 16, 2015, 9:20 AM

for a Prius if he came here

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that'd be like him ready to play for a Ferrari to playing

Apr 16, 2015, 9:24 AM

For you be a xtiger you sure do throw off on your school a lot

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you mistake coach for school

Apr 16, 2015, 9:28 AM

BB is a good coach, but i don't feel he'll be a good coach here. Bad fit for his style of offense at Clemson. It's hard enough to get kids here to play bb, but add in boring style of play and its a bad fit. We might get to the tourney once every 6 yrs with him if we're lucky.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you mistake coach for school

Apr 16, 2015, 9:29 AM

lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: you mistake coach for school

Apr 16, 2015, 9:39 AM [ in reply to you mistake coach for school ]

You didn't want Dabo either

the hire was suspect

Apr 16, 2015, 9:48 AM

most on here would say the same. What kind of person wouldn't be skeptical of hiring a wr coach who had just returned from real estate.

With Brad, he's been here a while and has proven his recruiting is below avg and we again didn't even get an NIT bid.

I've always said he was a good coach, just not a good fit for here. I'm sure he'll have 1 yr we'll he'll do well, but it'll always be followed up by 3-4 more bad yrs.

I'm not the only one who feels this, the attendance is proof. No one wants to go to games anymore to watch 50 pt games. You can pump all you want but attendance doesn't lie.

yeah, I thought the Brownell hire was a good hire....

Apr 16, 2015, 9:50 AM

but we don't seem to be making any progress

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do you think about the baseball program, franc?***

Apr 16, 2015, 9:57 AM

null

it's in the terlit***

Apr 16, 2015, 10:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the hire was suspect

Apr 16, 2015, 10:06 AM [ in reply to the hire was suspect ]

The whole of college basketball scoring has went down. The average before the tournament was 67.6 points per game.

We came in at 62.7 points per game.

It's because all teams really do in AAU is run the ball up the court, no need to be able to be a spot up shooter when all you are shooting is layups/dunks.

Re: Does Coach Brownell have any interest in Tevin Mack?

Apr 16, 2015, 9:29 AM

He is more than likely going to follow Shaka to Texas from what I have read.

null

That is a large distance obstacle to overcome. I would

Apr 16, 2015, 9:38 AM

imagine he feels pressure to stay closer to home than Texas would afford. Not saying anyone is pressuring him, but it's only natural to want your parents, family and friends to come see you play and to know that they probably want it too. It looks like a golden opportunity to pick up a very good player late in the recruiting game.

Surprised we didn't jump at the chance to bring in a player like him and show him a little love as soon as humanly possible. Given that we haven't contacted him or his family yet, we must not be too interested. Wonder why?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we were in his final 5 out of HS

Apr 16, 2015, 9:34 AM

of course we have interest. That doesn't mean he still has interest in us. He's one of the top 15 HS players still available so his options are far greater now

If our interest is so high, wonder why we haven't contacted

Apr 16, 2015, 9:46 AM

his family to let him know that we do want him badly?

Why wait?

Re: If our interest is so high, wonder why we haven't contacted

Apr 16, 2015, 11:24 AM

0% chance of him coming here.

Why?***

Apr 16, 2015, 11:35 AM

Re: Does Coach Brownell have any interest in Tevin Mack?

Apr 16, 2015, 10:03 AM

My friend who plays on his AAU team says it really between Uconn, USC, and Texas. But Tevin Mack is very unsure of where he wants to go

USC signed Dozier. Would think he would be reluctant

Apr 16, 2015, 10:09 AM

to go there as a result. We are the best option close to home. Dabo and staff would have been on the phone with mom immediately.

The stars are aligning for Clemson to have an opportunity to get him if the coaches want him.

Re: USC signed Dozier. Would think he would be reluctant

Apr 16, 2015, 10:16 AM

> to go there as a result. We are the best option close
> to home. Dabo and staff would have been on the phone
> with mom immediately.
>
> The stars are aligning for Clemson to have an
> opportunity to get him if the coaches want him.

Big you really do think things through don't ya?

We went the distance with Mack. Of course we want him. He is following his coach to a bigger and better school.

Shocked?

I would be shocked to learn that the distance between

Apr 16, 2015, 11:00 AM

Columbia and Austin was no issue whatsoever for him or his family and that there was never any chance that he wouldn't go to Texas. I would imagine there is a good chance his mom would prefer Clemson over Texas.

If you want him, call him and tell him. What have you got to lose?

Re: USC signed Dozier. Would think he would be reluctant

Apr 16, 2015, 11:12 AM [ in reply to USC signed Dozier. Would think he would be reluctant ]

I say he goes to USCjr because they are having some success recruiting. Don't forget to keep in mind that Marcus Stroman is currently at USC and is also from Columbia, so him and Mack are good buddies. Plus Mack and PJ have been traveling to all these basketbal events together these past couple of weeks. Maybe we know that we have no shot at him and don't won't to even waste the time.

Given that we haven't spoken with him or his family I don't

Apr 16, 2015, 11:19 AM

see how we would know that. If, as his AAU friend mentioned, he is unsure of what he wants to do,we should have as good a shot as anyone.

Re: Given that we haven't spoken with him or his family I don't

Apr 16, 2015, 11:51 AM

Unsure doesnt include us necessarily. he could have ruled us out and have others he is unsure of

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Given that we haven't spoken with him or his family I don't

Apr 16, 2015, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Given that we haven't spoken with him or his family I don't ]

He's following Shaka to texas. No difference from Texas to VCU if you can't just drive up for a week day game anyways.......not a quick trip either way.

He will be a Longhorn. And our staff has contacted him after change at VCU. Nothing has changed with us for him.

If there was a chance, we would pursue it. It would be a waste of time and resources.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic