Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congrats to UofSC for another Women's Natty!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Congrats to UofSC for another Women's Natty!

Mar 30, 2015, 2:15 PM

Being that the SC women's basketball team will win the final four (per every Gamecock fan that joined that bandwagon in the last few months), I just wanted to point out that with a win next week, their women's sports will have doubled the national championships than their men sports have won. Congratulations! Maybe they should merge with Columbia College and win some more!

Baseball
Baseball
Women's Outdoor Track
Women's Equestrian
Women's Equestrian

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i don't understand the point of your post***

Mar 30, 2015, 2:17 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

thier women are more manly than thier men***

Mar 30, 2015, 2:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I wouldn't count UConn out just yet

Mar 30, 2015, 3:25 PM

yeah, UCONN womanhandled them before.***

Mar 30, 2015, 3:58 PM

YES!!

Mar 30, 2015, 4:33 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't count UConn out just yet ]

I NEED that for my collection.

Re: I wouldn't count UConn out just yet

Mar 30, 2015, 4:49 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't count UConn out just yet ]

I'm a 2011 Citadel grad, and I approve this comment ;)

oh nice...2012 here

Mar 30, 2015, 4:57 PM

What company?

Does Southern Cal know you insulted them?***

Mar 30, 2015, 5:29 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't count UConn out just yet ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

That UConn team that destroyed them is still alive

Mar 30, 2015, 2:28 PM

And MD & ND are really good too, neither has lost in about 3 months.

thats more national champions than us

Mar 30, 2015, 4:00 PM

are you devaluing a national championship simply because it's a women's sport? Should those national titles count as 1/4th or something?

Coulda done without you pointing that out

Mar 30, 2015, 4:07 PM

Just sayin'

Oh come on don't pull the im offended card. Yes, national

Mar 30, 2015, 4:32 PM [ in reply to thats more national champions than us ]

championships in those sports mean much less than they would in other sports but it has nothing to do with gender. Around here a football national championship means more than any of the others combined because of its popularity and the athletes themselves. The fact of the matter is that not many people care or follow sports like track (men or women's), women's basketball, or really any other sport outside of the big 3 in Football, Basketball(men's) and baseball. The soccer fanbase is composed mostly of students so there isn't a big demand for it outside of clemson. You can't make people enjoy and value a sport just because the gender of the athletes playing it. I would be happy to see our women's basketball succeed just for the players and coaches but you won't see me or most others getting bent out of shape or treating women's basketball the same as football. It's just an unpopular sport at any level including professional, there's nothing you can do about that except respect the athletes that play it.

right it has nothing to do with gender

Mar 30, 2015, 5:43 PM

that's why the OP has such a large emphasis on it being women's sports rather than mens

Yes they should

Mar 30, 2015, 4:48 PM [ in reply to thats more national champions than us ]

HTH

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

I wouldn't trade a national championship in football for

Mar 30, 2015, 6:07 PM [ in reply to thats more national champions than us ]

50 women's basketball championships. Would you?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who said anything about trading our football title?

Mar 30, 2015, 6:35 PM

I would sure as hell trade our women's program for theirs

Don't we also have 5

Mar 30, 2015, 9:37 PM [ in reply to thats more national champions than us ]

Football
Soccer (2)
Golf
Mens Track.

Don't think wrestling won a team national championship, but I could be wrong.

Uconn is a buzz saw. They beat easily shut USuCk up last

Mar 30, 2015, 4:22 PM

Time they played and with the way they're playing now and absolutely mauling top teams I don't see USuCk coming within even 20 this time. That being said I could honestly care less, I want USuCk to lose everything and I do in this situation as well but part of me thinks it would be hilarious to see all the coots strutting proudly over women's basketball by wearing championship shirts and their favorite thing to do in putting stickers on their cars/mopeds.

how much less

Mar 30, 2015, 4:23 PM

could you care?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: how much less

Mar 30, 2015, 4:34 PM

Got em

Like 4 1/2 times less. Sometimes I only care 2 times less

Mar 30, 2015, 4:47 PM [ in reply to how much less ]

but that's on my good days.

Re: Like 4 1/2 times less. Sometimes I only care 2 times less

Mar 30, 2015, 5:02 PM

so, you are saying you care 95.5% of the time and on a good day you care 98% of the time. Got it!

hilarious that they win a national title in a sport

Mar 30, 2015, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Uconn is a buzz saw. They beat easily shut USuCk up last ]

in which we are one of the worst major conference programs in the nation and have been for over a decade now?

I hate to break the news but I could care less. It's

Mar 30, 2015, 4:46 PM

One of the most unpopular sports in the country. It has nothing to do with gender, but all to do with the popularity and how competitive it is across the country. Im not sure if you have a daughter or know someone that plays women's basketball and that's why you're getting a little upset about it but it's just not a popular sport. The same could be said for some men's sports, if people don't follow or care about a sport you can't sit there and say "well you better like it and value winning a championship as much as any other sport because it's a women's sport" I don't even value men's basketball or baseball national championships combined as much as I would a football Championship and that's the general consensus across the country. If you like women's basketball then good for you, I respect that as much as I would a fan of any other sport. But you can't get upset when people don't care as much as you do about something. I don't expect everyone to like what I like but I also could give 2 sh*ts if anyone likes or dislikes something I like, I will never understand where people get the notion that other people should value whatever they follow closely as much as they do and if they don't they pull the oppression card. I would enjoy seeing all of our athletes succeed in every way imaginable but at the end of the day im not going to be affected by winning or losing in a sport that I am not a close fan of. I honestly don't care about baseball either but that's just me, I understand im a minority around here as baseball is one of the most popular sports in South Carolina.

i think we're all pretty clear that you could care less...

Mar 30, 2015, 4:46 PM

but how much less is the question

I'm not saying you should care

Mar 30, 2015, 5:45 PM [ in reply to I hate to break the news but I could care less. It's ]

I'm saying that it's absurd to make fun of them for having an elite program in something we have a dreadful program in. I see people on here making fun of SC more for having a good women's team than if they had a mediocre one as if they should be ashamed of having an elite program in something.

Re: Congrats to UofSC for another Women's Natty!

Mar 30, 2015, 5:00 PM

We might win a championship in womens golf this year as well even with losing our best player to the pros midseason.

These threads are sour grapes. There aren't many times either program has had legit national championship caliber teams.

I'm sure you would enjoy it if Clemson had one currently.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

I notice you're quick to comment on Tigernet posts

Mar 30, 2015, 5:27 PM

about successful usuck teams, but we NEVER SEE YOU POST defending usuck's psychotic basketball coach nor his hapless team; Holbrook's lost 6 of the last 7 baseball team; nor more importantly, your besotted football coach who does his show drunk and his 6-6 regular season football team---and in the SEC Least they had to work hard to achieve that.

Your little moralizing comments wouldn't be quite the garbage they are if you ALSO joined in on valid criticism of the athletic department at that second rate academic institution in Columbia.

Until that happens, YOUR posts are just sour grapes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are you here? No, seriously, why are you here?***

Mar 30, 2015, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Congrats to UofSC for another Women's Natty! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic