Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson basketball values / tradition / culture?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 916

Clemson basketball values / tradition / culture?

Mar 29, 2015, 6:13 PM

After Gonzaga defeated UCLA I started thinking, what does it mean to be Clemson basketball? We need an identity, values, traditions. We need something that transcends players and coaches. Former players need to be "around" the program. Clemson is an awesome institution. Dabo is doing this in football. Let's take advantage of who we are and make it mean something to be a part of Clemson athletics.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo had something to build upon--Heisman, Neely, Howard,

Mar 30, 2015, 9:19 AM

Ford, tons of ACC championships, tons of bowl games with good wins in some of the major ones, a national championship, lots of NFL players, traditions that are deep including Death Valley, Howard's Rock, etc. And we are one of the top 20 to 25 rated football programs ever over the last 100+ years.

We also have tons of tradition and winning for baseball. Even our soccer teams have that.

Basketball is just so different at Clemson. Does anyone care about Alabama basketball? Same boat.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Question

Mar 30, 2015, 9:42 AM

Does make me wonder why Bama can't get great basketball as well with all of their cash. Can anyone name any football schools where basketball was awful for forever and then they all of a sudden turned the corner to have relatively consistent great basketball? University of Florida maybe? On a similar note, if Duke can become decent in football, we can become solid in hoops.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 916
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic