Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
10-2 disappointing season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 2,438

10-2 disappointing season?

Jan 29, 2015, 1:29 PM

I'm thinking yes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: 10-2 disappointing season?

Jan 29, 2015, 1:30 PM

that would be a top ten finish with this schedule, especially if we can escape App State.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i hope clemson doesn't beat clemson on the 5th

Jan 29, 2015, 1:34 PM

looking ahead to app state on the 12th.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i hope clemson doesn't beat clemson on the 5th

Jan 29, 2015, 1:45 PM

I am more worried we will look past wake.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2015, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: 10-2 disappointing season? ]

It's a trap!

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jan 29, 2015, 1:31 PM

I say yes. There is no team on our schedule that we shouldn't beat. The only one that should even have a chance IMO is Louisville but they lose a lot on D like we do and they lose Parker. I honestly expect 12-0 and anything worse than 11-1 ACC ship and playoffs is a disappointment. This year and next are the two most promising years in Clemson history IMO.

Edit: Since 1981 of course lol
Message was edited by: CUAtTheFinishLine®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say that depends on Watson's health and the OL***

Jan 29, 2015, 1:34 PM

The GTech is toughest. Just because of where it's at.***

Jan 29, 2015, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: 10-2 disappointing season? ]

GT hasn't won here in a while***

Jan 29, 2015, 1:44 PM

Right after the ND game though.

Jan 29, 2015, 1:57 PM

Being at home helps tremendously.

But they've never been this good.

BV knows how to stop GT he's proven that time and time again

Jan 29, 2015, 2:58 PM

As long as we do not spot them 3 pick 6es we should beat them easily. Their defense will still be garbage and they lose a good bit on offense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Venables amazing track record against GT still has you

Jan 29, 2015, 9:24 PM [ in reply to The GTech is toughest. Just because of where it's at.*** ]

concerned?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Hmm with this schedule I think it depends on who we lose to

Jan 29, 2015, 1:33 PM

Also injuries, Watson, matter to me. If Watson is fully healthy I expect to have a chancec to win every game. I don't see any team that is falt our more talented then us so I think we'll be slightly favored in all our games.

For the time being, yes.

Jan 29, 2015, 1:37 PM

My expectations change as the season develops.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends. Is DW gonna be back in full force and can he stay

Jan 29, 2015, 1:44 PM

healthy is my first question to you?

How good are some of the other teams like GT and ND? I would say no way to know until we are into the season--that's why I don't like rankings until teams have played several games.

I want 11, 12, 13, 14 wins but truth be told--this season will hinge on huge games for the Tigers and how they compete. 10 wins may show a very good team. 11-14 an elite team.

Of course I am pulling for us all the way but we will see.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everything right now is based on DW is healthy all year.***

Jan 29, 2015, 1:56 PM

Re: Everything right now is based on DW is healthy all year.***

Jan 29, 2015, 2:31 PM

Everyone says the season depends on the health of DW4, and understandably so. Last season depended on his health, but didn't work out in our favor. Fortunately for us, one man doesn't make or break us, and I feel we played well enough to win without DW4 at times last year, even though I never want to watch another game the next 2 years without him. With that said, things happen...we have to look beyond DW4, knowing his health concerns, and see what we have in the fold. Tucker Israel and Kelly Bryant are both capable to win games for us. That's why we recruited them. With a full spring, summer and fall ahead of them, I'm confident in our chances at home against ND, GT, BC and FSU even without DW4 at the helm. This TEAM is elite. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2015, 1:45 PM

It all depends on the health of DW4.

Until he can string a whole season together fully healthy, I have my concerns.

Jan 29, 2015, 1:57 PM

I think that some of you have brainwashed yourself into thinking that the defense will not feel the effects of all of the losses from this year. I understand that the D has some talent returning, but you don't lose a Beasley, a Jarrett, an Anthony and a Steward without some dropoff.

Add that to a complete lack of depth at quarterback in addition to a shaky OL, and I really can't see how another double digit win season would be a disappointment.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm assuming our Defense will be good enough

Jan 29, 2015, 1:58 PM

and DW is healthy all year.

Re: I'm assuming our Defense will be good enough

Jan 29, 2015, 2:01 PM

I'm not sure that you can just assume that, but given those assumptions I'd be disappointed in anything less than a playoff berth.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A bit yeah, but with this schedule it's kind of what I'm

Jan 29, 2015, 2:13 PM

expecting now. There's not a game on the schedule that we can't win, but there are also plenty that we can lose.

Jan 29, 2015, 2:15 PM

Yes

Wow. Good job, guys. Nothing more important when the

Jan 29, 2015, 2:28 PM

schedule comes out than establishing at what level our team is a failure. Let's just jump past the whole "enjoy the season, cheer on our team" stuff.

null

I'm thinking yes also

Jan 29, 2015, 2:45 PM

I think the only game we could lose and still make CFP is @ UL, and that's pushing it. ND is going to be good, possibly our toughest game imo. GT's last 4-5 games they beat Clemson, @uga, and miss st...impressive. We will more than likely have to play them twice, even though looking at the scheds they have the toughest sched in 2015 from the acc.

Two years ago, fsu lost a lot including EJ and I know I didn't expect them to be that good that year 13-14. Wouldnt be surprised at all if they're unbeaten coming to DV like two years ago.

Funny how all of the sudden USuC looks like the 5th or 6th best team we will play this year. We should be favored in every game barring injury to Mr. Watson, and I would love to go to Wilma Brice 11-0 as the number 1 team in the country.

Somewhat, maybe. At some point we have to get over

Jan 29, 2015, 2:46 PM

the hump and beat FSU and GT in the same season, and win the ACC title. The longer we go without doing that, the more disappointing it becomes. Having said that, let me be clear to draw the distinction between being disappointed in such a fashion, and calling for Dabo's head. As long as he goes 10-2, such talk would be nonsense.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 29, 2015, 9:12 PM

Of course, I would be disappointed. But it is hard to run the table and while there are plenty of winnable games there are plenty of opportunities for a loss. SC is not one of them though. I actually feel that 10-2 is probable with this schedule. That is hard to cry about. Now 10-2 in 2016 would be a HUGE disappointment.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

schma- 10? Im thinking 15 is the target.***

Jan 29, 2015, 9:29 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Jan 29, 2015, 9:46 PM

Tough road games at Louisville and Miami. Notre dame FSU. Coots on road. Through in an improving NC State team and ga tec. Young defense, iI would sign up for 10-2 now if we were guaranteed to beat the coots

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 2,438
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic