Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fields, Jr. now planning to visit USuC, per KornCOOT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Fields, Jr. now planning to visit USuC, per KornCOOT

Dec 19, 2014, 11:20 PM

By Phil Kornblut

When he decommitted from USC earlier this week because of concern about coaching staff stability, DB Mark Fields Jr. of Cornelius, NC didn't close the door completely on the Gamecocks. Friday, he pushed the door a little more open tweeting that he will make an official visits with the Gamecocks January 24th. He will also visit Clemson January 17th. Texas was the other school Fields mentioned earlier in the week as a possible official visit.

"Just too much uncertainty and stuff like that," is how Fields put it on Tuesday when he announced his decommitment. "I thought I'd let that play out and while that does I'll continue to look elsewhere. South Carolina was a good situation for me but there are other good situations out there for me."

Fields was concerned over Steve Spurrier's comment made December 1st to Josh Kendall of The State that he was now working on a 2-3 years plan. After seeing four decommitments fall from the class in the days following that remark, Spurrier revised his plans saying on Wednesday that athletics director Ray Tanner was going to add another year to the four years he has left on his contact and that he's now back on the 4-5 years plan.

Of the six decommitments overall the Gamecocks have suffered since October, Fields appears to be the only one that is still salvageable for the Gamecocks.

The Gamecocks have actually had two other scratches from their 2015 class. DE Chauncey Rivers would be their seventh decommitment, and WR Michael Bowman had his offer rescinded after being arrested for theft last summer.

Catch Phil Kornblut every night on SportsTalk and get more of his statewide recruiting news at SportsTalkSC.com and on Twitter @SportsTalkSC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really hope

Dec 19, 2014, 11:24 PM

We get this kid, but I truly believe he will end up at USuCk. I hope I'm wrong though.

Feels a lot like the

Dec 20, 2014, 12:07 AM

Clown play!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

I just hope kids can see through the "obvious" change....

Dec 20, 2014, 11:28 AM [ in reply to I really hope ]

in Spurrier's comments. Initial statements usually reflect true feelings.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fields, Jr. now planning to visit USuC, per KornCOOT

Dec 19, 2014, 11:27 PM

Old News, Fields tweeted it yesterday he was visiting Clemson then USuC. Long ways away, but as long as he comes here I like our chances.

He will be a coot, immediate playing time for that

Dec 20, 2014, 10:12 AM

dilapidated coot D. Hope I am wrong, but I feel a set up coming.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually think he has a better chance at immediate playing

Dec 20, 2014, 10:49 AM

time at Clemson. If you look at our roster we are lacking corners. Peters is done after this year. Plus the Gamecocks have been bringing in loads of corners hoping to find a couple good ones before they send the others packing.

Re: I actually think he has a better chance at immediate playing

Dec 20, 2014, 10:58 AM

Clemson leads. Use probably gave him the guilt trip to set a visit. Van smith his teammate and friend being athe Clemson really helps plus he sees them sinking. He probably feels he owes them a visit.

Re: I actually think he has a better chance at immediate playing

Dec 20, 2014, 7:27 PM

Yeah smith is the key along with mac. Dabo needs to make sure that those three are together on the official

Re: Fields, Jr. now planning to visit USuC, per KornCOOT

Dec 20, 2014, 11:00 AM

LOL...I hope he's not naive enough to believe the OBS comments about being there 4-5 years....he's a walking mummy as it is!!!!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic