Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Talent
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,032

Basketball Talent

Dec 19, 2014, 10:18 PM

We will never be able to compete without high caliber talent! Brad Brownell is a very good X's and O's coach, but he cannot win with the mediocre talent that we have--period. Brad has got to recruit better someway/somehow. That's how we win in football--recruit the best players so that we can be the best team. Brent Venables is a great example of taking top talent and molding them into a great team. I believe that Brad can do that in basketball, but not with the average talent that he has ( and he has been the one getting this talent ). Tates Locke had the solution 40 years ago as to how to improve Clemson basketball: CHEAT! ( I call this the SEC way as in Ole Miss ). Ole Miss hadn't had a decent team in years and devised a plan to cheat ( pay players, pay parents, etc. ) and if they get away with it as they have so far, they move up. If they get caught, they just end up staying at the same place that they were. Pretty simple...Clemson did better in BB paying Tree Rollins to play in the 70's. And now with the toothless NCAA, I don't know why we wouldn't/shouldn't cheat except that we want to be honest. With Clemson's basketball history/tradition, paying players is about the only way to get them to come...Just look at our big men--they are a pathetic lot, just shows me that no player worth a crap wants to play BB at CU!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You thought we were out-talented tonight?

Dec 19, 2014, 10:28 PM

I thought we were out-"X's and O's". Our entire offense tonight consisted of 5 guys standing around hoping SC would get out of position so we could drive uncontested to the basket.

We were out-talented and out-coached.

Dec 19, 2014, 10:38 PM

They had a good plan to attack our zone, moved the ball around and picked it apart. They consistently found the open man and hit the shot. We had absolutely nothing for them and never adjusted. Then, when we had the ball, we usually set up our offense with Hall "directing" from just inside half court then throwing up some kind of Tom-awful shot at the last second.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: You thought we were out-talented tonight?

Dec 19, 2014, 10:39 PM [ in reply to You thought we were out-talented tonight? ]

Defensively our big men just don't seem to be athletic enough or smart enough to see what is coming, so they give up baskets and/or foul. Offensively, SC started filling up the basket with three's in the 2nd half, and CU doesn't have anyone who can do that, so I guess we had to drive and hope for shots to fall or get fouled. I know that shooters probably don't want to play for a defensively minded coach, so I guess we're never going to see anyone on our side shooting lights out...

If you're looking at cheating in basketball...usuck's your

Dec 19, 2014, 11:08 PM

best bet....Frank McGuire cheated before he got to usuck and he cheated while he was there. But then, nobody ever accused a Tates Locke team of shaving points like McGuire's was...paying players, manipulating academics, the list was long....but, of course, this is all available elsewhere.

now, you got Frank Martin who admitted paying HS players, was literally run out of KState because of his shenanigans there. How long do you think it'll be before the NCAA shows back up in cola??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are skrong at cheating....but they aren't UNC skrong. :)***

Dec 19, 2014, 11:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,032
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic