Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swearingen and Attitude
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,011

Swearingen and Attitude

Nov 27, 2014, 1:19 AM

The state of our rivalry comes down to Adre Ellington and DJ Swearingen two years ago. That one play says it all. Carolina has become arrogant and we have done nothing but act scared since then. The thing that I want to see is not fancy football. I want to see guts. I want to see our guys get pissed off at any such DJ Swearingen moves. I don't care if we get a 15 yard penalty. Knock anyone who disrespects us in any way on their ###. We need to man up this game. Other teams used to fear playing us and it was us with the attitude. Coach Venables is getting the defense there. I want our offense to be mean and knock you on your butt like we used to be. Knock you on your butt and stand over you owning you (not drawing penalties) but owning you. If someone threw a punch, our guys were ready though and would never have stood for Mr. Goldtooth doing what he did after knocking Andre down (mind you it was not a tackle).

Run it 40 times down their throat. There was a time in 1989 when we ran the ball all night long on the way to a 45-0 victory IN COLUMBIA at night. We ran only three plays all night long, according to Coach Ford. Chad learn not to try to force who you are on others. Take what they give you. They suck against the rush. Return to Clemson roots. Run three plays all night long and run it til they stop it. That will get Chad a head coaching job quicker than anything else. Using what they give you and beating them in the ground with it. Miami used to known as an air it out school but it was their running game that used to kill people in the mid-third through fourth quarters.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swearingen and Attitude

Nov 27, 2014, 1:23 AM

Quit reading when I realized you knew neither player's name

We are Clemson.

Nov 27, 2014, 1:26 AM

Our players have intelligence, poise and dignity. You're suggesting they abandon everything Clemson stands for. If we have something to say it should be reflected on the scoreboard not the penalty stats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As in not starting those type of plays by

Nov 27, 2014, 8:02 AM

Taunting but the moment it happened to AE there should have been at least 2 olinemen flatten him. No one was near

Yes. That should never happen

Nov 27, 2014, 8:07 AM

Somebody should've decleated him

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mad bro?***

Nov 27, 2014, 6:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Standing O!

Nov 27, 2014, 10:17 AM

Well said. I've been pissed about that Swearinger crap since it happened. I was at that game and the Carolina team came out of the locker room during warm ups with that attitude. Thugs. I never want to see thuggish behavior from the Tigers, but I do want to see anger....dominance...hard hitting. Never let them forget "that game back in 2014"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swearingen and Attitude

Nov 27, 2014, 10:19 AM

I watched 3 games from back when we dominated the rivalry yesterday.

The first thing I notice is that BOTH teams are chippy. BOTH teams are celebrating tackles and getting in faces and having fun playing football.

We haven't looked like we were having very much fun the past few years.

losing is

Nov 27, 2014, 10:23 AM

no fun

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Exactly! Attitude! Go hit someone!***

Nov 27, 2014, 11:48 AM

Danny is not our coach anymore.***

Nov 27, 2014, 11:54 AM

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,011
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic