Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There is no use in trying to fool the coots
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,624

There is no use in trying to fool the coots

Nov 20, 2014, 10:51 PM

in not saying if Watson can play. They will prepare for Watson anyway, cause why on earth, would they need to prepare for Stoudt? All you have to do against Stoudt is stack the box to take run away and wait for him to throw it to your DB's

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for saying what no one else has the guts to say.

Nov 20, 2014, 11:34 PM

Cole has not played well. You got bawls.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know if Dabo has ever out coached SOS.

Nov 20, 2014, 11:57 PM

You've got to understand that SOS is most likely the best coach in the land. That's not a disrespect to Dabo and he knows it. I think Dabo is a great coach considering his experience. It's a strange thing when all the responsibility fall upon one's shoulders. It's also strange to go against one of the best too. I just think SOS has mind power over Dabo.

IMO, our guys will have to be much better than their guys for us to win. I mean much better. We were better at a lot of positions the last few years but SOS knew exactly what to do to freak Tajh out. I'm not sure he can do that to DW but I'm not sure that he can't.

I knew DW's worst injury was landing on cleats when it happened. I said so when things cooled down in here. I couldn't tell the severity of his tendon sprain but I saw the grimace on his face when the trainer broke the news. SOS knows a heck of a lot more than anyone at Clemson University about football injuries so I know there's no fooling him.

For this reason I expect Dabo to announce DW's return as soon as DW says he's ready to go. Probably Monday or Tuesday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Mind power".....You're spot on, my good Friend. The

Nov 21, 2014, 5:12 AM

staff and team are going to have to get their minds right, as the old cliché goes, before they set foot in DV.

This will be a psychological battle of wills: who wants the game more?

Hopefully, Dabo and Company have decided that they do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which is the reason why #6 is inevitable.

Nov 21, 2014, 5:17 AM [ in reply to I don't know if Dabo has ever out coached SOS. ]

We couldn't beat them with Boyd, Hopkins, Watkins and Ellington. I don't care if USuC isn't the same team anymore. It's a mental thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Mind power? Please, he had Clowney/Quarles

Nov 21, 2014, 5:31 AM [ in reply to I don't know if Dabo has ever out coached SOS. ]

Some coaches hit the jackpot, and Clowney was a once-in-a-lifetime talent that got Spurrier 3 in a row.

I admit Spurrier is an amazing coach for even making south carolina top-25 relevant, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking USC could ever be a real national powerhouse program.

Reality sets in next year when Ward gets fired but the team still stinks.

Re: There is no use in trying to fool the coots

Nov 21, 2014, 5:56 AM

Bryanttiger, so by default you are saying our receivers can't catch the ball and our OL can't hold a block? By default you are giving a pass to Chad Morris for his conservative play calling and lack of use of the HUNH offense that he used the first of the year when our offense was pretty successful and Stoudt was the QB? Are you considering the fact that our OL is injury depleted as well as our RB's? I disagree that it is all on Stoudt, but he does have to take some of the blame because he has not played really well, but give me back all of the injured players we have, minus DW, and I think you would see a different outcome.

Take a look at the stats from the Coot game last year and minus the turnovers we won the game. Add in the turnovers and most teams would have lost that game and we did! This last statement is not directed toward you but toward some of the posters below. In Dabo's first game against the Coots we won 31-14 so I guess when he had less experience as a HC he was a better coach? Slurrier has done a really good job at Carolina in getting good players for his system and he has been doing it longer at Carolina than Dabo has been doing it at Clemson. We killed the Coots in the 10+ years before this recent 5 year run by them. The worm turned in their favor and it will turn back in our favor because we are a better football program overall and a better university overall.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is no excuse for losing 5 in a row.***

Nov 21, 2014, 8:42 AM

Re: There is no excuse for losing 5 in a row.***

Nov 21, 2014, 8:46 AM

Brings out the coots when you talk about the coots. Coots follow a certain trail to the stink. It's how they get to Williams-Brice .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,624
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic