Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We will find out about DW's status against SC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,102

We will find out about DW's status against SC

Nov 20, 2014, 10:21 PM

right about the time we kick off against them. Which if Dabo is the coach I think he is, is how it should be. His job is not to make us feel relief, it is to win games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We will find out about DW's status against SC

Nov 20, 2014, 10:25 PM

and its to make sure the opposing team has to prepare for every possibility and thus not load up prep time on just a couple of things.

Far as I'm concerned, I don't want to know who the Tiger starting QB will be until the first offensive play.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2014, 10:26 PM

Just so the team knows, the rest of us can wait.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2014, 10:31 PM

If he practices next week he plays. Whether Dabo makes it known that he practices or not is anyone's guess.

Nov 20, 2014, 10:33 PM

Spurrier is going to prepare for both quarterbacks no matter when the starter is announced.

So...with that being said, there's really no need to make Clemson fans (namely me) a nervous dern wreck worried that Cole will start. I just wanna knoooowwww.

Nov 20, 2014, 10:55 PM

Do you really need to prepare at all for Cole? What strong point of his game do you really have to prepare extra for?

SC will prepare the whole week as if DW is starting and if he doesn't warm up, or is walking around with a limp in pre-game, they'll make any adjustments for Cole in the 15 minutes before kickoff.

The only advantage gained by not letting them know is mostly mental. If they think Cole is starting they'll likely focus less thinking they have the game in the bag. I think Dabo should name Cole the starter on Monday and list DW as doubtful, but then do kind of the same thing Spurrier did two years ago and change his mind after warmups.

Nov 20, 2014, 11:04 PM

No. He better not do that.
There are a LOT of things resting on who will be the starter of this game. kickoff time included. If he comes out and says Cole will be the starter, we are likely looking at a noon kick with a bunch of pi$$ed off Clemson fans and a bad atmosphere all around.

This isn't Spurrier's first rodeo. He will have his team ready for whoever will be taking snaps. I would like to think our coaches aren't dumb enough to believe they can fool him.

kickoff time is usually released sunday

Nov 20, 2014, 11:42 PM

Injury report doesn't come out until monday at the earliest

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

It will be like Christmas!!

Nov 20, 2014, 10:38 PM

Have we been naughty or nice???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,102
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic