Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson vs. Syracuse prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson vs. Syracuse prediction

Oct 24, 2014, 1:33 PM

Clemson vs. Syracuse prediction

The Tigers play host to Syracuse Saturday evening in Death Valley, and it is a chance for the offense to improve and for the defense to continue to impress. What are some things to look for? Rich Barnes / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is utter CRAP! None of these are legit

Oct 24, 2014, 2:32 PM

until Butthead returns! Where is he????

I think the defense pitches a shout out the offense

Oct 24, 2014, 2:51 PM

struggles a little despite good field position. 23-0. (2 td's 3 fg's)

Sounds about right 2 me***

Oct 24, 2014, 3:28 PM

Re: New Story: Clemson vs. Syracuse prediction

Oct 24, 2014, 3:44 PM

27-10 Tigers

Oct 24, 2014, 4:15 PM

I know that we are all bemoaning what has happened to our offense the last two weeks, but, geez, everyone, we just played the number 1 overall defense in the country at the time (Louisville) and the number 8 overall defense at the time (Boston College). Remember, Stoudt was not doing too badly at Georgia for three quarters when we had a fully staffed offensive line, all running backs, etc. It was not til 10 minutes to go in the game that the wheels came off (and I blame Chad Morris for his conservative play calling more than anything else). We also had two drops by our receivers that could have been touchdowns. Boston College and Louisville make all offenses they play underperform. So, lets hold verdict til this week.

I will be the first to jump on the "what the hell happened" band wagon if we struggle to move the ball again this week. I know the coachspeak this week is Syracuse's defense is pretty good, but c'mon they may be above average defensively but they are not a great defense. Their best defensive performance of the season everyone is talking about from last week....was against Wake Forest...who this year probably couldn't score against any of the top high school programs in South Carolina. Wake is horrid on offense with no one else on the field much less ANY defense they play. So, yes, if we struggle this week, I will join in with you that we got real problems that may well not be solved with the return of Watson to the line up.

I have a feeling though we will see our offense come alive this week. It may not be as potent as with Watson (and a fully staffed line) that could score at moment's notice. We will be methodical and score. It may take us 12 plays instead of 4, etc. But I think we will put up 35 this week and the defense pitches a near shutout giving up 1 second half touchdown. Tigers 35 Cuse 7.

If it's 10-7 against Syracuse...pray, pray really hard for all our guys to get healthy again! Or we may lose to Georgia Tech and/or, forbid I say it, no...no....no not gonna say it.

Oct 24, 2014, 5:11 PM

54-0

Oct 24, 2014, 5:13 PM

CLEMSON 54- Syracuse 0

Clemson 34 Orangemen 3

Oct 24, 2014, 6:04 PM

Their special teams score on a turnover.

Their D folds early and often.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

24-6 Tigers***

Oct 24, 2014, 7:25 PM

27-3 Clemson!!!***

Oct 24, 2014, 11:13 PM

Oct 24, 2014, 11:37 PM

The thing I want to know is whether #60 in the pic is gonna hold Beasley like he did in this photo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2014, 12:32 AM

I don't get these anemic scores. I am going to put this out there. The Syracuse defense overall is ranked 42nd. We scored 23 versus the #1 ranked defense with ZERO offensive TD and a QB that did not take a snap in practice and 17 versus the #7 defense with no running game. You mean to tell me we are only going to muster between 17-27 points against a defense that is rated #42 overall?

Also, #5 ranked defense is suppose to give up points against a team that is 72nd on offense starting a freshmen QB in Death Valley???? I am going to go out on a limb an call for a Homecoming shut out. And for good measure, the running game gets off the ground, score 3 TDs and Cole gets us 3 scores in the air. And Nick Schuessler will also get us some points with a pass and catch to Dye. Count it all together, that is a total of 49 points.

Clemson- 49
Syracuse - 0

#ALLIN

Oct 25, 2014, 1:27 AM

Clemson 52 Cuse 6. Stout finally gets.it together and between Williams and Scott's 4 TD's, RB's score 2 and Special Teams TD and FG. Cuse gets a late TD, but misses extra point.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic